Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Contemplating a Return

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Contemplating a Return Empty
PostSubject: Contemplating a Return   Contemplating a Return Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 11:28 pm

The title of the thread says it all, and mainly cause in the long run it'd save me a little money. Considering I don't work and havn't for some time, what little funds I do earn from odd jobs here and there for the parents doesn't amount to much so I have to pick and choose my entertainment carefully and try to get the most out of it I can. On that note, I wonder upon if I do return how long the new content will keep me entertained for!?

I'm kinda interested in trying a new class through to 65 like the Guardian or Warden, and of course continue to play my Minstrel and complete everything I can. There is plenty I was working on last time I quit and quite a bit more I'm sure upcoming with Mirkwood.

Mentioned above; the saving money part has to do with the "Welcome Back Week" once again from the 12th to the 18th, and paying for 3 months at $30 you also get the Mirkwood expansion for free. The way I see this is if I return later I'd cost me prolly $50 or more depending on what offers they have later, which may or may not be as good as this one. I also have 2 free months sitting on my account from friend invites I never used. So even with saving myself $20 or so should I wait to return at a later date or take my chances at it now.

I am still playing and barely{20hrs or so} into Dragon Age, which should last me quite awhile yet, especially since the Toolset is out and the modding community is prolly well underway creating new and interesting things to expand on the already incredible game! And there should be a few other games coming out soon or already I wanted to play like Gyromancer by Square-Enix and PopCap Games {Puzzle+RPG} ~ Looks really good to me...

I dunno, guess I already answered my own question, but I'm still having thoughts of returning, but maybe that is a really bad idea right now. Maybe I should stick to my original plan and not return until 6+ months after the next big expansion as Mirkwood isn't exactly huge from what I hear...more just a mini event!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating a Return   Contemplating a Return Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:00 pm

Up to you, of course but playing an MMO to just play an MMO doesn't last me long at all. On a side note DDO is f2p and growing (recently had to add a server) and War has the unlimited T1 free trial going on (which was by far the best part of the game). Aside from that, lots of console games out.

I'm kinda in the same boat myself. Decided it'd be best to just wait on an MMO I really want to play than trying a few others half-assed.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating a Return   Contemplating a Return Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeah you're right, gonna stick to Dragon Age and that Gyromancer once it releases for now. I was in the beta for the F2P DDO and I liked it, may give it another go sometime. Guess its just this very long wait for FFXIV is driving me crazy, did this for Vanguard and WAR and well you know how that turned out so I'm trying not to get into the hype of FFXIV too much, but you know Square-Enix has never disappointed me in any of the games I've played of theirs since the first Final Fantasy.

Some were not as good as others, but not unplayable bad like much is out there of late! Unfortunately I don't own any consoles atm, but I do hopefully plan to purchase a 360 again prolly the day FFXIII gets released, and I'm quite interested in getting one of those new DSi XL's that are getting released next spring in the US... 70% larger screens:

Not that my eyes are bad, but a larger screen excites me! The dotted line on the right is the current screen size of the DSi, thats a significant increase!

Contemplating a Return The-DSi-LL

Tons and tons of RPGs on the DS I want to play, and many which are getting several years old now; so I should be able to find them for $20 and under used.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating a Return   Contemplating a Return Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:23 pm

Yeah, I just stepped down as leader in my kinship in LOTRO the other day. I didn't have the time or capacity to really lead them. Also because I'm playing Aion more lately now. Can't stick to too many MMOs. Too many of them, so little time.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating a Return   Contemplating a Return Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 3:32 pm

I used to wait/track one MMO at a time...vanguard, warhammer, aion

After Aion, I decided it's best to track all the interesting ones and see how they pan out. Biggest thing about FFXIV is that it's SE. Hands down, the best established MMO company out there in my book. I can take a look at what FFXI started as and look at it now and it's still the same core game, just more stuff. Compared to other companies (blizzard), it makes me feel warm and fuzzy that they are making FFXIV. Still looking at Fallout Online and ST TOR. Nothing else is much more than a blip at best.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Contemplating a Return   Contemplating a Return Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Contemplating a Return
Page 1 of 1