Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

The Last Remnant

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

The Last Remnant Empty
PostSubject: The Last Remnant   The Last Remnant Icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 10:39 pm

I've had this for awhile but chose not to play it on my PC cause at the time I had an XBox 360 and was going to get it on there instead. Course my plans changed and I sold my 360 in favor of a 40" HDTV as my monitor and a new nVidia GXT 275 896mb Video Card. While talking to Follilized earlier today this came up so I recently decided to DL the Benchmark released for this and see how well it scored.

• My old video card the 8800GTS if I recall at 1680*1050 suffered pretty bad at certain points and the FPS dipped to below 10fps, with an overall score of 30ish something!
  • My new card stayed at a consistent 68-83fps during a majority of it, but did slip to around 45-57fps at one point. I scored a 71.87fps average this time @1600*1200!

I'm considering giving this one a go as I have very little interest in much else currently, and it could be a good time sink for a bit....the story sounds like it would be interesting to play through!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Fossilfied

Fossilfied

The Last Remnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Remnant   The Last Remnant Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:09 am

SHould be mucho fun! I say give it a go! Might pick up a copy myself soon to play too!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

The Last Remnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Remnant   The Last Remnant Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 10:02 pm

Hrm, not too sure if I'll be able to endure the excessive load times this game suffers from. Its got an interesting story so far about 1hr in, but every single battle, door, area, talking to NPCs between fights all have 15-30sec load times and as much as 1-2min for some...its insane!

15sec for enemy battle to load, 15sec for enemy battle to de-load, walk 20feet and encounter another mob, 15sec load, 15sec de-load.... enter new area from 30sec to 45sec, walk 10feet to enter a door, another 30sec load time, exit the door another 30sec load time.....blah

Anyway....
Back to top Go down
Tareith

The Last Remnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Remnant   The Last Remnant Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 4:06 pm

For the 360 the load times were horrible. Really bad lag as it was reading from the dvd rom. Once I installed it to the internal drive it runs much faster. Still, this wasn't coded well and looks like the PC version will have the same issues as the 360 version - loading from the stupid optical drive.

So far, the story is really slow and I get very frustrated with the lack of control with the units. Dispite all that, I'm enjoying the game.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

The Last Remnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Remnant   The Last Remnant Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2009 8:30 pm

This is an interesting game but even on PC; the load times are insane! As I said above already about the load times, just can't deal with them.....especially how powerful my PC is...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Last Remnant Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last Remnant   The Last Remnant Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last Remnant
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy Franchise :: Other Square-Enix Titles-
Jump to: