Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Empty
PostSubject: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 4:25 am

So with my new video card having arrived today I've been toying around with it to see how much better everything I play/played has changed,
and damn has it ever. Check these images out with the BG resolution set to an insanely high 5632*5632.
On the 8800GTS I had previously, any higher than 2048*2048 would start to lag really bad...this however played flawlessly.

Seems I deleted these images from my photobucket account...sry....rofl!~

Last edited by Khalus on Wed Jan 20, 2010 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 1:24 am

Nice!! I will be keeping my eye out on the specs for FFXIV, my computer ran AoC fine on High Quality graphics, but when I switched to DX10 high quality it got a little sticky. Gonna need to fix that for FFXIV! :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2009 5:37 am

You should have plenty of time to upgrade...I've still got my MB, CPU and RAM to upgrade before then, even though I'm sure my PC could easily handle it already.
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:30 am

Hey what GFX card did you get, way down the line I'm going to upgrade mine for the next-gen mmo's like FFXIV.

Still got a hefty list of upgrades for XIV tho.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 2:35 am

Interesting, I don't recall ever deleting these images...anyway it appears I have. I have an nVidia GTX 275 896mb, like 2nd best card atm, until the 300 series gets released!
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:37 am

*takes note of it* Gonna start saving up to build a new comp soon. Hopefully official pc requirements are posted for FFXIV soon so I can figure out how much I need to overshoot it to make the game look even better. :3
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:17 pm

Well, SE has already said they're basically gonna pull an EQII & Crysis. That nobody unless you have a developers PC will be able to max out FFXIV and play it well for a few years. Its the ole' time release build, that actually works well so the MMO has a very long life-cycle without having to worry about the graphics in 5+ yrs.

Its gonna take a very powerful PC to run at very high settings. I would take a gander at a 3.3ghz+ CPU quad-core, 6-10gb ram min, an 896-1000mb video card w/ all the latest bells and whistles, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!   Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Truely insane BG resolutions and viewing distance!
Page 1 of 1