Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Lost Odyssey

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Lost Odyssey Empty
PostSubject: Lost Odyssey   Lost Odyssey Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:48 am

So I started playing this the other day, and I'd have to say its one of the best if not the best turn-based JRPG I've ever played! The characters are amazing...all of them, so far not one I don't like which is odd, and their voice acting is amazing. Every emotion is spot on and all their lines have feeling to them and they're spoken perfectly! My favorite 2 characters are Cooke and Mack{see image}, brother and sister whom to me mirror Palom and Porom from Final Fantasy IV...their emotions and spoken lines are so funny and the things they have to say during certain events along with their facial animations are priceless! This game is also very very heart-wrenching, and a major tear-jerker...love it so much!!!

The story is also very very good thus far and I can't wait to get further and find out more. The combat is great too....each battle takes a short time to load where all your characters are presented one of which has a short quip and then the enemies appear, and they're not easy fights either. You gotta heal your characters many times in every battle, buff and debuff and balance when to strike which enemy next. Its so much fun, and I highly recommend it too anyone looking for a great JRPG!

Another neat thing I'm enjoying are the way characters are set up....several of your main characters are immortal and don't learn skills or spells by leveling up. There are other characters that are mortal that do learn spells and skills as they level. To learn them on your immortals, one way is to link a skill from a mortal and earn the SP in fights, and another is by equipping these stat bands each of which has a skill you can learn. Once you learn a skill or spell you can then slot it on your char even without that item or link. Just have to have a skill slot free of which you can find items to unlock more throughout the game in hidden spots. Way more skills than slots so you gotta be pick what fits the situation and some fights, normal and boss can be very lengthy and tough!

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

Lost Odyssey
Page 1 of 1