Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Letter from the Producer, V

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Letter from the Producer, V Empty
PostSubject: Letter from the Producer, V   Letter from the Producer, V Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:29 am

Source will more details and charts from the Second Player's Poll, good stuff I might add!

Quote :

Well, my stint in London has drawn to a close, and I'm now making my way to L.A. At the London office, I had the chance to speak with a few people from FFXIV's French and German fan sites, and enjoyed what I felt were some very meaningful exchanges. Unfortunately, I couldn't meet up with representatives from one of the German sites due to some transportation trouble on their end. But I'll be back in Europe before long, so we'll have to get together then!

Japan to England to America in the span of a week. It's all got me feeling a bit...off. Maybe it's because I'm not the type of person who sleeps much to begin with, but I'm not really feeling the jet lag, per se. I'm just worried that if I stop to take a break or slow down, it'll hit me all at once. If anyone out there knows a cure for this nonsense, let me know.

As I mentioned before, I left the results and analysis of the second Players' Poll out of my last letter to try and keep it short, so that's seems as good a place as any to start.

I'm writing this at 30,000 feet again, so I may not be calm, cool, and collected. But my interpretations of the poll data were all made while I still had two feet on the ground, so they should be solid. (Seriously, I really hate planes.)

Poll responses numbered in the tens of thousands again, and I'd like to thank everyone who participated. Let's get right to it, shall we?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, what did you think of the second Players' Poll results? I really can't thank you enough for all of the valuable opinions. The data has really helped us map out the direction in which to take the battle system from here. All that's left to do is to finalize the specs and start writing the code. But after-the-fact adjustments and reworkings being what they are, it simply isn't possibly to fit everything that needs to be done in a single monthly patch. And so we're planning to release every big change over the course of two smaller-size updates. You'll be able to start seeing the changes to the battle system come spring, so please be patient just a bit longer!

My next letter will be sometime after the Game Developers Conference, when I'm back on Japanese soil. Patch 1.16 will be live by then, and I'm planning on diving into the topic of in-game companies! All of the system-side preparations have been made, and it's almost time for Eorzea's radical transformation to begin!

Well, I have to man up through two more flights (L.A. to San Fran, and San Fran to Tokyo). Keep me in your prayers, everyone! It's times like this a little FF Levitate spell would come in handy...

See you next post! ☺
FINAL FANTASY XIV Producer & Director, Naoki Yoshida
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Letter from the Producer, V Empty
PostSubject: Re: Letter from the Producer, V   Letter from the Producer, V Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:18 pm

Only the Instanced Dungon's bother me in that result.
Back to top Go down

Letter from the Producer, V
Page 1 of 1