Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

I for one welcome our new computer overlords!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Empty
PostSubject: I for one welcome our new computer overlords!   I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:14 am

Has anyone else been tuning into the IBM Jeopardy Challenge!? It was a three day event against with 2 best players "Ken Jennings and Brad Rutter" challenging "Watson" IMB's new PC that can understand the English language and all its idioms and hidden meanings. It was a great event and I'll have to concur with the final comment that Jennings added to his final questions' answer:

I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Computer-Overlords

And here was the final score, with Watson kicking the crap out of both of them combined...
I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Computer-Overlords1

I can't wait to see all the incredible advances in technology to come, but most of all I look forward to hopefully~someday in the next decade or two, too having the fabled Star Trek PC as a an option for a future PC build! There are so many unheard of and basically impossible technologies that spawned from Star Trek that 'have' come true and here is yet another of them. Now the only thing to worry about is that the recent company that have called themselves Skynet or was it Cyberdyne {this is a true story I read about a few months back} whom specialize in robotics never join forces...wouldn't that suck, but I suppose its more than likely going to happen someday, though its possible much sooner than we think!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: I for one welcome our new computer overlords!   I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 1:21 am

Oh btw if you'd like to watch this, here are the .torrent links to all 3 episodes, including a 1hr NOVA special on the development and testing of Watson:

NOVA: Smartest Machine on Earth

Jeopardy: The IBM Challenge Day 1
Jeopardy: The IBM Challenge Day 2
Jeopardy: The IBM Challenge Day 3
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: I for one welcome our new computer overlords!   I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 2:05 am

skynet now online
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: I for one welcome our new computer overlords!   I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 7:54 am

We are so screwed...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I for one welcome our new computer overlords!   I for one welcome our new computer overlords! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: TV Shows, Movies, Music & Books-
Jump to: