Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:17 am

The results are in from the poll, with an extensive explanation from Yoshi-P and upcoming changes. I won't link it all here cause its massive, but you can read about it here on the Lodestone!

Quote :

Greetings adventurers! I hope you are all enjoying your time in Eorzea.

Well, after a brief spell of users on Japan's most frequented forum referring to me as "The Duck," I'm happy to say things have settled down and it seems that "Yoshi-P" is the current nickname of choice.
I apologize for the amount of time I've let pass since my last post. Today I'd like to take the time to thank all of you for the overwhelming number of responses we received to our recent FINAL FANTASY XIV Players' Poll the First!
This post marks the beginning of my new Letters from the Producer series, which I will continue to post regularly on the Lodestone up until the launch of our official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums. Together with this first letter, I have also decided to make public the results of the first player poll, as well as include information concerning future plans for the game. The post is a bit lengthy, but I hope you all take the time to read it.

There are a few planned updates that really stand out to me, and I'm very excited:

• "Introduction of gear with rank requirements to create player-oriented goals" {now does this mean all current gear, or just new stuff yet to be added? I sure hope all gear...}
  • "Possible introduction of traditional names such as paladin, monk, white mage, etc." {oh thank goodness...the traditional names are the best}
  • "Improvements to skill point acquisition for parties"
  • "Revisions to enmity algorithms"
  • "Revision of crowd control actions for each class to improve party-based play"
  • "Release of beast tribe monsters as both roaming and quest-related enemies"
  • "Quests revolving around the danger facing Eorzea"

Most unexpected to see on the list:

• "Character jump feature" {I'm not so sure about this one, as I really don't see a use for it, especially with the way the world is designed, I mean even in MMOs that have jumping I hardly use it cause there is really very little designed for it...ah well! I suppose as long as they don't allow us to jump off cliffs or over walls to access lower levels of say Limsa Lominsa quickly. Maybe add something to combat to make jumping useful in avoiding ground based attacks.}
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 12:58 am

yay good updates!
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 5:31 am

Im also Excited to see Company-based Quests, or just Companies in general. I can see jumping kinda useful for getting up those pesky short terrain ledges.

They said shortly after early Feb, so cross your fingers for goodies!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:41 am

Look too me like there going to Take Old FF "Already Tested and polished Elements"
And try to fix 14 with them.

Group play and class's Like FF11 Inc.
Right now all the class ability's are mostly broken anyways.
Instead of doing something new that may take a long time to
Test and polish. There defaulting for old mechanics.

(Yes Please)

If they pull this off like I imagine they will
Im confident to be happy with the changes.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:12 am

Yoshi-P said they're planning to implement a few things at the beginning of February, so I'm interested to see what exactly they can put out in such a short amount of time.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:23 pm

Avgustin Narion wrote:
Yoshi-P said they're planning to implement a few things at the beginning of February, so I'm interested to see what exactly they can put out in such a short amount of time.

Ya!!!

Onigiri Fan Faire

To me thats proof they will continue to fully support this sunk ship.
Very positive news.

PS3 launch is make or break.

If they launch for PS3 playing in good faith will probubly pan out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}   FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11} Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV Players' Poll The First ~ Results & Analysis {1/21/11}
Page 1 of 1