Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide  Empty
PostSubject: CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide    CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide  Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:30 pm

This is a very interesting article, and has some very good benchmarking and performance details. It wasn't just me thinking WoW was actually putting stress on my GTX 275...it really is, and for a 6 yr old MMO and WoW of all MMOs to demand such higher end GPUs is crazy to think about. Anyway, its time for me to get a new GPU, and that will more than likely be the GTX 570 releasing tomorrow, which some sites are claiming its 20% more powerful than a GTX 480, but quieter, cooler, and uses a less power.

I also like the 30% increase in performance by having a DX11 GPU and using the enabler option.

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm--Tom's Performance Guide
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide    CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 6:47 pm

Well considering the jump from the 460 to the 570 on Cataclysm is 20 frames per second, with the 460 being 60 frames per second higher than the human eye can actually see....I think that it's kinda a bit overkill personally.

I can run WoW on medium settings on my netbook, to give you an idea. (1.6ghz atom processor, 1gb DDR3, integrated graphics)
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide    CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide  Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 10:15 pm

how to play WoW in DX11???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide    CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CPU & GPU "Cataclysm" Performance Guide
Page 1 of 1