Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Gametrailers Video Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Gametrailers Video Review Empty
PostSubject: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:41 am

"FFXIV is in no way, shape or form ready for commercial release" Gametrailers
{well I sure am enjoying it, as are hundreds-of-thousands of other players}

"There are too many good MMOs on the market for you to spend your time and money on this broken, incomplete mess!" Gametrailers
{Honestly, name one good MMO thats not a C&P quest, or BS PvP and Raid Grinder...}

Ok wow, just wow, and after that launch report they posted a week ago I was expecting more objectivity, but seriously and just like most western reviewers they have broken down to bawling and whining and bitching {its too hard, I have to think and read text, its not like every other MMO that are exact copies of each other thus I have to actually learn how to play something new!}. Its like really, can they not say one good thing without following it immediately up with a negative retort, plus there are several things they got completely wrong. For instance the Surplus system was mentioned as a major hurdle for those wanting to stick to one class...Argh, do you damned research on how stuff works, instead of just complain.

"And most of your time will be spent running around and grinding monsters"
{No shit, wtf do you think ya do in every other MMO!}

"Unlike most other MMOs that let you tackle as many quests as you want..."
{yes those are so much fun, go here kill 10 boars and return.}

"If it wern't for the fact that your remaining activities boiled down to straight grinding. Its backwards and out of place in this day and age!"
{Other MMOs ~ grind daily quests, instances and PvP battlegrounds over and over and over again...ummm}

"...but the game really lacks a strong story driven mechanic."
{Le Sigh.......}

And at the very start they even wasted their breath complaining why it has a # after it being an MMO, seriously...WTF is the problem with another FF game having a god-damned number after it!? Its SE's franchise and if they want to place a fucking # after it, then so be it...sheesh! {LOL}

Anyway, feel free to vent away after watching this pathetic attempt at a review ~ cause just like that silly BFF Report, all it is complain complain complain...

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 10:49 am

seen it....meh i find ff14 it good but could use some work, which hopefully will be done other then that i am fine playing since i get maybe a few days here and there
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:04 am

Well yeah there are things that definitely need some work, but name a new MMO that launches that doesn't need some work to polish it up.

There was no reason for this much BS complaining and outright trashing the game when none of what he says is as bad as that, or isn't already present in nearly every other MMO that they supposedly say are worlds better.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them review the other MMOs coming in the next 6-10 months get beaming reviews, even though they too will have just as many launch problems. However, since those MMO are more to their preferences they'll overlook it all, not even mention them and only talk about the good qualities...heh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:29 am

I actually agree with most of the points made, though I do think that the reviewer made some comments that were pretty unfair. The game is a in a bit of disarray at the moment, and filled with annoying bugs and unfinished features. But to all this annoyance, I'm still having fun, which the reviewer obviously is not. Whether you have fun can pitch a review one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:46 am

I think all reviewers should have like a resume on their profile, stating how many years they played in each game they have listed. That way if they have 5 years in wow, and a couple months in several others, then we can pretty much disregard anything they have to say. :P
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 11:52 am

Eh, there's a reason why WoW is so successful, it amalgamates everything that is desirable in a MMO so it's a little bit of everything to everyone.

It's not a bad game, really, it's pretty good. No real reason to vilify it or those that play it.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:02 pm

Im not vilifying it. But everytime someone starts whining that this or that game sucks and isnt their cup of tea, its because they play wow, and only wow.

Even I do that sometimes... but I dont let it cloud my thinking either. There were a lot of things in wow I liked, that I wish other developers had the brains to use, but they dont for whatever harebrained reason.

That video about the customer going into the gamestore and wanting wow and only wow, but being offered ffxiv, isnt really that far from the mark.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Well as I said...most of the points he made in the video are valid...

The game does take significant breaks between the plot progression and day to day accounts have no story telling whatsoever.

Tutorials are nigh non existent and the game does nothing to explain itself.

The fatigue system does present a hurdle to those wanting to focus on one job.

The lack of an Auction House or form of item inventory system is a bit annoying.

There isn't much to do beyond grind between leve quests.

Being next to someone to invite them to the linkshell and being unable to search for individuals is cumbersome.

The interface is a bit unintuitive and clearly designed with a controller in mind. Which is odd for a primarily PC game.

Terrain can be hard to navigate with all of the invisible walls and unscalable knee high cliffs.

Targeting is kind of difficult and annoying at times.

Mobs do bug out and begin regenerating health randomly.

Synthesis does feel like it relies on blind luck than any sort of skill. The same with gathering.

Footsteps are annoying.

However all of those aside, I find the game enjoyable. I think that the reviewer goes too far to call the game in shambles etc. He does get overly dramatic about it, and it's obvious the game isn't his cup of tea, but that aside...none of the points he makes about the game are untrue.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 12:35 pm

I have said before as well, that I agree with their gripes. The misinformation about the fatique system is a bigger hurdle to the lazy, uninformed or the lazy and uninformed than the system itself is.
Back to top Go down
Xalic Austrict

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 pm

I wonder how much WoW was bashed when it first released. GG on reviewing an MMO 8 days after release. You would think by now people would realize no mmo is 100% polished at release. Hell, even WoW's content patched and expansions are 100% polished, Then constantly break classes and sometime dont fix the class untill the next content patch.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSat Oct 09, 2010 8:04 pm

i have played wow, but then again wow did some good things but also bad things, i know ff14 will grow into a great game and i personal feel another year in development would have been good but that is just me i am still going to play since i enjoy also it is made to be a social game and exploring game not power level and do end game
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 5:59 am

WoW was only bashed for stability on release. They actually had to give our credited days, and my account still shows those days.

Shenhua, while synthesis has a random calculator to it the different colors do give different dice rolls. However, the only randomness to gathering is the initial placement of the resource and the quantity you get. Gathering requires you to find the sweet spot without hitting it too hard and destroying the object (hitting dead on with only a sliver of progress left).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 10:11 am

An interesting discussion brought forth by all the negative reviews FFXIV has been getting lately.

@Beyond Vana'diel

I agree with what this player had to say as well as many of the other responses, though it does get blah further down...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitimeSun Oct 10, 2010 11:18 am

I think that I'm in the camp that FF14 isn't really hard...it just lacks design direction of a director that has experienced what the MMO market has to offer.

That said...there is a reason MMOs lead you around by the nose now days. Because generally speaking, it's not really all that fun to stumble around in the dark. Sure there is a sense of accomplishment that one may get from trial and erroring something until they get it right. Now days though, most people that play these games this sort of self reward doesn't justify the frustration caused by them.

As evidenced by the vitriolic response both state side and in Japan, these just aren't features that most people want anymore. It's just plain not fun to endure these things, and that's why most will adhere to this standard.

It's ok to enjoy the game, and I do quite a bit and hope that everyone else does as well. But it's a bit dangerous to not just turn a blind eye, but justify glaring problems like the OP in that link does.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gametrailers Video Review   Gametrailers Video Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gametrailers Video Review
Page 1 of 1