Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Summer Wars

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:01 pm

Saw this last night for the weekly movie night my buddies and I have. Fantastic piece of anime that I would say could even rival some of Hayao Miyazaki's work. Basic premise is a High School student has a job running maintenance on a social networking application that integrates all facets of life in the not to distant future called OZ. Basically take Facebook, Amazon and Google, smash them all together and then integrate into those all local government and city infrastructure and you have OZ. In the course of this job however, he is asked to take a second job working for the "popular girl" at the High School while she visits her the Head of her Clan (Grandmother) on her 90th birthday.

Anyways, without spoiling any more of the plot, the movie does a terrific job of jumping between the virtual world of OZ and reality in some rather humorous ways and the art style is perfect for it. As a techie a few of the plot points irked me, but the over all awesomeness of the film was enough to get me to forgive those small pangs. Nothing bad as "Eagle Eye", but enough to make me go... "You know... that isn't really how technology works..."

All in all a fantastic film which ties virtual words, social gaming, old family values, traditional Japanese values and some pretty awesome action scenes together into a heart warming, humorous and occasionally exciting work of art.

For those that don't mind having plot spoiled, check out the wiki for it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_Wars
Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:05 pm

Whoops. Should of checked earlier posts. I missed Asmiro's Post recommending the same. Anyways, everything he said + what I said means you should really check this out. ;)
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2010 2:47 pm

Yeah It is a great movie. Very worth watching. Funny and entertaining.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Summer Wars Empty
PostSubject: Re: Summer Wars   Summer Wars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Summer Wars
Page 1 of 1