Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Empty
PostSubject: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 3:57 pm

In response to this article over on ZAM, I decided that having this feature on our forums will be very nice, so after a few days of exploring how to get it to work here, I've succeeded. The examples provided by ZAM below will demonstrate what this does, just hover over the link to see. There is already a link to ZAM in our FFXIV Fansite list, but as they have said the actual item pages are not yet available to view, and this is just a taste .

I find this to be exceptionally nice for us here, and thank ZAM for sharing this feature and allowing us to use it. Once the item pages are up, all you'll have to do to make it work here; is create a link as shown below or just paste the full link address from the ZAM network.

{example: http://ffxiv.zam.com/db/item.html?ffxivitem=8030714}

enjoy~

Quote :

With Final Fantasy XIV coming out in just a little over a month, the staff at ZAM felt today was a good day to start giving you all a look at what you can expect with our site. We're very excited about some of the features to come and are anxious to share them with you.

A favorite feature here at ZAM is Tooltips. At first glance, it seems like a simple little mouseover, but it can be a very powerful tool for your fan site or linkshell forum! To find out how you can easily display item stats on your own site, read our full wikibase article on Tooltips.

Tooltips works all over the ZAM site and using it in your site, forums, or blog is a snap. After adding in a simple line of code to your site, all you would need to do is paste the URL of the item into your post and a mouseover of the link will pop-up the item's stats.

Examples:

FF Favorites
Potion
Chocobo Feather

Weapons
Iron Baghnakhs
Yarzonshell Harpoon

Armor
Sheepskin Subligar
Velveteen Shirt

Foods
Meat Miq'abob
Ginger Cookie

Hopefully with the sneak peeks at certain items in our database, you've noticed that the ZAM staff has been very hard at work in preparing the XIV site for all of you. Right now, Tooltips works, but the item pages themselves are not yet available. The item pages will be made available soon. Until then, have fun fiddling around with it!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 4:33 pm

Sweet!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 5:19 pm

Very nice will be useful to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 6:19 pm

Awesome! This will be very useful.

On a side note, I don't think that 'Meat Miq'abob' flows quite as well as 'Meat Mithkabob', but that might just be my nostalgia talking. . .
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 7:06 pm

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 12:59 am

One interesting thing in the original article on ZAM, there are quite a few data miners finding lots of other items not yet revealed by them. And quite a few items require rank 50, so I'm assuming the cap at launch as I predicted will be so...hehe

I do love this though, as it'll be a great feature for us to show off our crafted/dropped gear with each other since there is no check feature this time. On that note, I love that it is not possible to check other players this time, drove me nuts having people check and then bug me about where I got something or send a tell complaining I didn't have a certain piece of gear or too brag they had better {lame}
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:31 am

I just wish the food would have more info in the tooltip. Used to drive me nuts in FFXI looking at a mithkabob and not knowing what exactly it did for stats. Small issue I know, but a tiny pet peeve of mine that so far seems to be echoed again in FFXIV.
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:34 am

Elocke wrote:
I just wish the food would have more info in the tooltip. Used to drive me nuts in FFXI looking at a mithkabob and not knowing what exactly it did for stats. Small issue I know, but a tiny pet peeve of mine that so far seems to be echoed again in FFXIV.

Yeah. Seems like they're still taking the 'Figure it out for yourself' approach, especially considering there's no way to track recipes in game. But I actually kind of like that. I'd rather not have my hand held. I guess the frustration is immersive?
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 1:59 am

I can dig the lack of having recipes in the game, like a list of them, but a small tooltip on what food does, that's not handholding that's just regular info. Ah well, I'll deal with it, just like I did in FFXI. You know, going to allakhazam and looking it up lol. I just wish Square would realize I want to stay in the game not go surfing the web.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips   Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Explore In-Game Items with ZAM's Tooltips
Page 1 of 1