Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Empty
PostSubject: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeWed Jul 21, 2010 6:26 pm

So that new MMO that Curt Shilling has been working on with his company 38 Studios for the past few years finally has a name. Personally I don't like it...I've never liked names of a game with subtitles already. Those should be reserved for expansions only.

Anyway, if anyone hasn't heard of this one before, or about Curt Shilling, he's quite the gamer and his previous interviews on what he likes about games and how he hopes this one will turn out are quite impressive if they can pull it off.

More info on it:

Quote :
Reckoning is an epic, open-world role-playing game set in Amalur, a mysterious and magical new fantasy world created by New York Times best-selling author R. A. Salvatore. Brought to life visually through the trademark visceral style of renowned artist and Spawn creator Todd McFarlane, Reckoning brings a new level of intense action combat to the RPG genre. The game is being developed under the leadership of Ken Rolston, lead designer of the critically acclaimed RPGs Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind and Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and is scheduled for release in fall 2011.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 7:24 am

Debut CG trailer...ummm it looks horrible, I don't like the art and its well...blech! And whats with when he draws out that huge ass mace at the end...the way he's holding it is as if it were a toothpick with no weight to it.

Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Qwalen Masthead

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:45 am

I think this was an afterthrought to the MMO they are working on since it is supposed to be an intro to the world of the MMO. The problem I had with the teaser is it sorta reminded me of the Demon Souls one and I hated Demon Souls with the passion of a thousand burning suns. I am somewhat disappointed with all the secrecy this is all we get. All that said I will probably still play it.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:31 am

I agree with Khal. while I like the background art and sound/music, I found the animation lacking. the skeletons look funny, the knight's legs are horribly done, and that hammer, yeah no physical weight to it, just isn't right.

I hope it's just because they are putting more bucks into the MMO then this, because this is just a poor cinematic. Of course, after watching FFXIV and Starcraft 2 cinematics lately, we are a bit spoiled, heheh.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:19 am

I have never been so underwhelmed by a game trailer in my entire life. Even games that ended up being craptacular had trailers 10 times better than this!

Wow... I hope they are doing a better job with the MMO, because if this is the best Macfarlane, Salvatore and Schilling can do, then they dont deserve the fame they have.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning   Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P/F2P MMOs and PC & Console Gaming {Public Forums} :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs Forums-
Jump to: