Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed

Go down 
+6
Angstrom Sanchez
Hyorinmaru Touchi
Cecilia White
Elocke Sern
Reirn Naitsu
Khalus Akuhei
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Whoa, now this is severely unexpected, was entirely surprised to see this coming out so soon. Better have a good PC to play this on otherwise you PS3 owners won't be playing it for nearly another year! Now then this is of course posted official over on MMORPG atm, and I'm looking for official confirmation of this so stand by for more info!

You can pre-order the Collector's Edition on Amazon right now for $74.99 and even choose "release date delivery" to have it the day of...woohoo!

The Collector's Edition gets released on Sept. 22nd, but the regular edition doesn't release until Sept. 29th! So if ya wanna start a week early ya gotta get the Collector's Edition. I've already pre-ordered mine!

FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed FFXIVCOllectorsEditon

FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed FFXIV-CE

Quote :
Square Enix has announced that the Collector's Edition PC version of their sophomore MMO effort Final Fantasy XIV will be hitting store shelves on September 22nd, 2010. while the standard edition will launch roughly a week later on September 30th.

That's the good news.

The bad news? Hopes for a simultaneous release on both the PC and PS3 have been dashed, as the PS3 version won't make it until March 2011.

Ouch.

The PC Collector's Edition will include a behind-the-scenes DVD, a Final Fantasy XIV branded tumbler, a branded security token, a travel journal replete with concept art, an Onion Helm in-game item, the standard 30 days free of game time, a buddy pass for a friend, a voucher for a Right of Passage certificate (each with its own stamped serial number), and boxart illustrated by famed Final Fantasy artist Yoshitaka Amano.

The standard PC version will include the game disc, manual, and the requisite free 30 days of gameplay.
The game's subscription will run you $12.99/month, with an additional $3.00 for each extra character on the account, up to a maximum of eight. However, a single "retainer" character will be offered free of charge. This retainer character is non-playable but can be used to maintain item sales and storage. Additional retainer characters can be purchased for $1.00.

Beta and pre-order details were also revealed today. The beta is scheduled to go live sometime this July, and pre-orders are set to begin today. Standard edition pre-order customers will receive Garlond
Goggles which will offer bonus experience rates, while Collector's Edition pre-orders will receive the aforementioned Onion Helm in-game item.

Minimum specifications for the PC version are available below:

Operating System

Windows XP SP3 **
Windows Vista 32bit / 64bit SP2 ***
Windows 7 32bit / 64bit ***

CPU

Intel® Core™ 2 Duo (2.0GHz)
AMD Athlon™ X2 (2.0GHz)

Memory

Windows XP: 1.5GB or higher
Windows Vista / Windows® 7: 2GB or higher

HDD/SSD Space

Install: 15GB or more
Download: Space on the hard drive where My Documents is located
should be 6GB or more ****

Graphics Card

NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600 series or higher with VRAM 512MB or more
ATI Radeon™ HD 2900 series or higher with VRAM 512MB or more

Sound Card

DirectSound® compatible sound card (DirectX® 9.0c or higher)

Internet Connections

Broadband Internet connection or higher

Resolution

1280 x 720 or higher; 32bit or higher

DirectX®

DirectX® 9.0c

Others

Mouse, Keyboard, Gamepad *****

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 1:56 pm

!! Love it!! thanks for the update!
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 2:42 pm

Now for the crux. I was planning to get this for PS3. I would have to buy a keyboard and mouse and some type of laptable to play it. NOw that it is delayed, I guess I can get it for my PC, but here's the thing. I meet the minimum recs. Almost to the tee. This is what I have:

Windows 7 32bit OS
3gbs RAM
500gb hard drive, so no problems there.
AMD 64x2 dual core processor 3800 at 2.00ghz
Nvidia GTS 250 512mb video card
Brand new external soundcard(not an issue)

My guess is I could upgrade my processor and do fairly well compared to now. BUT, does anyone know what I should upgrade to and what the costs are?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:31 pm

More Information:

Quote :
Windows:

Final Fantasy XIV Collectors’ Edition
Release Date: September 22nd, 2010
FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed CollectorsEdition

Special In-Game Item: Onion Helm (reduced penalty upon death)
FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed OnionHelmet

This special edition also includes:
-Priority Log-in a week before official start of service.
-A specially designed package featuring the art of Yoshitaka Amano and Akihiko Yoshida.
-FFXIV original tumbler
-FFXIV DVD “Eorzea: The Making of a Realm”
-Hard-cover art case to protect your game and DVD.
-A specially designed FFXIV security token.

Final Fantasy XIV (regular edition)
Release Date: September 30th, 2010
FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed RegularEdition

Special In-Game Item: Garlond Goggles (faster skill growth)
Characters created after redemption of the Item Code (included in the first shipment of the game) will all receive this special in-game item from the start.
FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed GarlondGoggles

Monthly Fee: 1280 yen (approx. $13-$14)/30 days (1344 w/ tax) (first character free for 30 days upon activation)

Retainers: First one is free with each additional one costing 100 yen (105 w/ tax). Additional player characters cost 300 yen (315 w/ tax) apiece every 30 days. Maximum of 8 characters.

Fees are payable by both Crysta currency and credit card.

Each Square Enix account may have up to 8 service accounts.

FFXIII Secret Code Item

Asura Armguards: Increased Weapon and Tool affinity. http://jp.finalfantasyxiv.com/ffxiii/
FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed AsuranArmbands

Supported Languages: Japanese, English, German, French (service starts simultaneously)

*PS3 version is scheduled for release sometime during the beginning of March, 2011.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 5:35 pm

This screenshot is just too awesome to not post and share with ya all, even though off-topic...hehe!

FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Screenshot_234002
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2010 7:19 pm

woo hoo mine is preordered :)
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 12:00 am

i might need some help to buy that game and resend them to me...
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 pm

my bad about resending all that stuff khalus said about pc specs.

Fixed...
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:44 am

yay pre ordered already... sadly its 2-3 days delivery even with the fastest option that costs about $10 extra and shipping estimate is sept 27 not 22...
not to mention another shipping time from my friend's in canada to me (hope fedex got the 1-2 days fast delivery) which i assume would cost me another $20... this game better be worth it...
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 1:56 am

I'm just going to preorder from Gamestop. This way I can just go pick it up on the 22nd.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 6:40 am

Elocke wrote:
I'm just going to preorder from Gamestop. This way I can just go pick it up on the 22nd.

I'm thinking the same.

Well its nice to finally have a launch date to look forward too. Here we go~!
I wonder if my square account will take 2 Digipass? lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2010 7:59 pm

I was wondering if I could borrow a friend pass from someone who may have one to see if I can run it, my system is borderline.

Q6600 Quad 2.66
2gigs DDR2
8600 GTS OC2 256 memory
Vista
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:06 am

Do you guys think this collector's edition will be available at gamestop as well? I really hope so. I know they haven't announced it yet. I check with gamestop everyday and they say just check back later. Just wondering if anyone knows this already.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 12:57 am

I pre-ordered my CE version at Gamestop today. I went to Bestbuy first and they didnt have any indication that it was nearing release.
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 1:13 am

Rosa wrote:
Do you guys think this collector's edition will be available at gamestop as well? I really hope so. I know they haven't announced it yet. I check with gamestop everyday and they say just check back later. Just wondering if anyone knows this already.

I pre-ordered at Gamestop today. I got the standard edition, but they did have the collector's edition available as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm going to pre-order from gamestop myself. Got to wait for a bit though :)
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:46 pm

For the first time in my life, I am anxiously awaiting the end of summer... bring on the flying pigs! xD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 11:36 pm

It is gonna go by slow now that we have a date!
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:14 am

I wonder if you can hide helmets... or are we forced to look at them?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:39 am

More than likely have to look at them, cause you can't hide them in FFXI...
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:43 am

Oh well... guess Ill have to remove it manually... assuming I get something ugly.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 2:59 pm

I wish their online Pre-Ordering didn't suck (gamestop). It wont even let me choose instore pick up and I can't pre-order at the store because that would require me driving to NY to pre-order it. >_>
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 4:13 pm

Asmiro wrote:
I wish their online Pre-Ordering didn't suck (gamestop). It wont even let me choose instore pick up and I can't pre-order at the store because that would require me driving to NY to pre-order it. >_>

Amazon is a pretty great place to pre-order from, too, since they guarantee release date delivery.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:25 pm

Best part about preordering from Gamestop store, in person that is, is I can pay in installments up to the day of release.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 5:38 pm

yeah gamestop is good. I've always ordered my games from there. I figured they would join amazon in the CE version of the game. Thank god.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed   FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV: PC Version ~ September 22nd; PS3 Version Delayed
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next