Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Muramasa "the Demon Blade"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Empty
PostSubject: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:54 pm

So iv been eyeing this game for some time now as it has had good review everywere iv seen and finally got my hands on it a few days ago.

So its a Platformer sidescrolling advanture set in antient Japan.

Im not going to even say anything more about the storie and setting, as this is definitly part of its major strenght. Like oh OMG kind of good. And this coming from someone thats not a bighugefan of stuff like this like i know some of you are. a storie like this is so refeshing to me it litaraly knocks me on my ass. Mabe for someone more into this kind of stuff will not feel as much. but who knows.
I know thats how i feel right now, playing it.

The gameplay is really easy to pick up for me.

Its basicly direction pad + atk will make you do diffrent attacks that are linked forward. Easy to pick up hard to master. Id say its not perfect but is close to perfect, till now iv had alot of fun with it. you have blocks and Ninja stuff in general. Central to the gameplay is your blade breaking and breaking enemies Blades. Talking about Weapons they are importent and you can make or unlock what looked like hundreds and hundreds of Swords via Making them and looting from boss fights. You also can cook and looks to be a crafting aspect added to the game.

Of cource its not perfect. what game is?
The game is plit into fragments that can feel rather small to tho's that know and love Wide and grand open space and feel it importent to enjoy a game as many i know here have pointed this out beffor. Me personally i kinda like it for some weird unknown reason. Still if they could have made zones 3 times bigger then id have seen that as improvment, cause there are alot of fragments to make up the hole of Japan's map. this being said there is no loading between them and is instantanious. It can sound like its really lineare but many forks existe.

The game is Full voice acting just not in English and i could imagine how totaly amazing this game must be for someone that understands it cause the voice acting is so good even though i dont understand it, It adds to the game alot! for me. This and the fact the art work is absolutly Stunning, make this a must play for everyone in my opinion.

http://www.muramasathedemonblade.com/?fbid=Qd79CBcwSL4#/home
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Saw this at my friends store the other day and it does look really good, even better after seeing a few trailers. Requires a Wii though and I'm not entirely sold on dropping that kind of money on one just yet!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 8:54 pm

Wii is 150$ on amazon on its own with basic controler. ATM i think.
Just intrested in knowing what would be your price that you would
buy it for?

OMG i missed somthing in the gameplay!
You gain xp from wining Fights and lvl up. For me its not really all that needed as i dont see how i can make my character diffrent and thats why i like systems like that.To make my own choises at how i can effect the game and control my gamestyle. Though mabe im just not lvled up to a pointe when somthing like that is given as a option
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 4:47 am

[quote="OMG i missed somthing in the gameplay!
You gain xp from wining Fights and lvl up.[/quote]

How innovative, I wonder how they came up with that idea! :O

Sorry I get sarcastic (more than usual!) when I don't sleep all night :p
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:36 am

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
Johny wrote:
OMG i missed somthing in the gameplay!
You gain xp from wining Fights and lvl up.

How innovative, I wonder how they came up with that idea! :O

Sorry I get sarcastic (more than usual!) when I don't sleep all night :p

Thats basicly why i think i missed to mention it in the first place actually. It was basicly somthing thats so been done to much.
Muramasa "the Demon Blade" 443998

I get the same way after no sleep I understand.
Ill admit though it is the first time I personally play a side scroler with lvling but i dont think that makes it revolutionary.

There is somthing new I discovered. the encounters are random like in FF1 same system.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 12:49 pm

Johny wrote:

Just intrested in knowing what would be your price that you would buy it for?

Eh those few that are $150 on Amazon are second hand private dealers and many of them are opened and not complete, and are 'white' systems...I want the new black one; as its been my since the launch of the Wii decision that I don't like White and I'll wait on the Black one.

$199 I can afford, its everything else to get started that is costly and quite the investment like:

WiFi Ethernet Connection ~ $19.99
Classic Controller ~ $19.99 or $39.99 with Monster Hunter Tri
A couple of games namely Zelda and Mario and Metroid, even used are $20-$35 each. Not too mention other titles like this Murasama sometime or Castle Shikigami 3...etc

That is already another $150-$180 on top of the $200 for the system. And yeah I could get by with just one or two games to start with, however I don't expect most console games even Mario or Zelda to last me more than 2-3 weeks each, if even that.

Its why I've pretty much shifted to PC gaming some 7-8 years ago almost exclusively because granted with torrents I can get most games; well free...rofl {when one has no job and very minimal income, ya do what ya can...} Some of these games like Just Cause II, Oblivion, Fallout III and Dragon Age to name a few are moddable and add a ton of additional enhancements and things to do...or we have massive open-ended adventure games like Gothic III, Divinity II: Ego Draconis, and Sacred II and while some are not the most entertaining...they last 100x longer than a console game. When its an MMO, there are a slew of F2P to entertain me for countless hrs or one that I'm paying for, just $12.99~$14.99 a month for endless hrs of entertainment.

And granted I'll admit I think I'm subconsciously becoming a bit of a graphic whore over time, especially with my keeping well up to date with what my PC can handle. I really like running games on their maximum settings and when ya think about it, consoles are still running in DX9, and are fixed at that lvl of technology until the next-gen. Yes some PC games are still DX9, but you can push their lvl of detail far ahead what a current console could ever achieve...

Anyway, thats what is on my mind of late on why or why not a Wii...

Too add more, I wanted a DS too, and recently I tested the DS emulator again and it appears whomever programs it has fixed the sound bug and every game I tried has worked perfectly now, save for a few screens still had a buzzing in the music, but we're talking like main menu and char-gen, not during the actual gameplay where it was before and ever annoying...

Anyway... Muramasa "the Demon Blade" 41225
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 3:42 pm

To me its always intresting to read other peoples prospective and opinions.
I definitly have moved away from the PC as my gaming platform, as this was my main medium for a long long time now, since 1992.

Iv moved away from it cause I find the industry plaged with buged and unfinished games, most games have downloads to fix them, but the way i see it if its ok for them to do it one time there going to do it every time. I was never really happy with Microsoft's monopoly, and think computer hardware is a mess.

Nintendo was a really good fit for me, dos not mean its a good fit for everyone. And im trying to get that in my thick skull. LOL Ya iv grown attached to my Wii even bought it a Monster hunter Skin the other day so it wont look so angel white.

Considering how many houres you can play every game the price of all software is to high for every Consule, and that s a good pointe you make.
Iv never downloaded games myself but thats not saying i would never consider changing that if my situation was diffrent.

I do take where and how I spend my money very seriously though. Its more importent to me then voting at the election. So when i do decide to support a company its going to be because I think they will drive the industry in a direction I want it to grow.

From my stand point supporting diffrent companys will give diffrent results:
-Id buy sony if i want to push TV BlueRay and Home entertenment forward.
-Id buy a XBox360 If i wanted a windows Experience on my TV.
-Id buy a Wii If I want to push Gaming to explore new posibilities.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:02 pm

Johny wrote:

Woohoo for being able to get pop ups asking "are you really really sure?!" every time you want to open something, or having the system crash every so often! Who wouldn't want that on every piece of technology? :p

I think the only things the 360 has going for it is XBL and the selection of games (mostly shooters), I doubt many bought it because of their super fun experience with Windows on their PC in hopes of getting similar results lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 1:13 pm

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
Johny wrote:

Woohoo for being able to get pop ups asking "are you really really sure?!" every time you want to open something, or having the system crash every so often! Who wouldn't want that on every piece of technology? :p

I think the only things the 360 has going for it is XBL and the selection of games (mostly shooters), I doubt many bought it because of their super fun experience with Windows on their PC in hopes of getting similar results lol

Im considering apple as my next Computer. It all depends on how much support it gets in the future. I kown its been doing good of late, but i want to see that be a ongoing effort , befor i buy.

Most folks can put up with bugs. I, on the other hand think its slopy. If i was downloading it for free then half done software would pass. But not as a Full price paying costumer.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Muramasa "the Demon Blade"   Muramasa "the Demon Blade" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Muramasa "the Demon Blade"
Page 1 of 1