Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'

Go down 
+4
Xao
Soten Enki
Ianthe Reine
Khalus Akuhei
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Empty
PostSubject: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:18 am

Havn't quite decided if I should by excited or run away screaming that yet another remake of classic awesomesauce is about to be ruined...guess we'll find out eventually! Personally I'm still waiting on that Voltron remake they announced years ago, which I doubt is ever gonna surface!

Quote :
Cartoon Network has commissioned a new version of 1980s animated classic "ThunderCats" from Warner Bros. Animation. Description and the first released image is below.

The new “ThunderCats” will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise. A sweeping tale combining swords and science and boasting ferocious battles with the highest of stakes, the grand origin story of Prince Lion-O’s ascension to the throne – and of those who would thwart his destiny at any cost – takes on epic dimensions in this sharp new telling. As the forces of good and evil battle each other in the quest for the fabled Stones of Power, Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons of loyalty, honor and mortality in every episode.

[right]
Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' 6a00d83451d69069e20133efa088f8970b-320wi

More Info...
Quote :

Hey, is it still 2010? Because it's starting to feel like 1985 again. Transformers and G.I. Joe are back, but on the big screen now. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is coming back, thanks to Michael Bay. And now Cartoon Network is developing a new Thundercats animated series, according to a press release sent out today.

The Thundercats were aliens from the planet Thundera who just happened to look like beefcake heroes with whiskers and paws. You might remember their catch phrase, "Thundercats ho!" Lion-O led Cheetara, Panthro, Tygra, WilyKit and Snarf. They battled Mumm-Ra on Third Earth with both magical and futuristic weapons. And they all learned something each week.

Here's what we know so far about the new Thundercats, coming to Cartoon Network in 2011.

The kittens are all grown up

The idea is a more 21st-century-style look to the Thundercats. Check out the first image of Lion-O, dark and flexing his sword for the kill shot. It's still animated, but more of a gritty adaptation of anime than the basic colors of an '80s afternoon cartoon show.

It will reveal the origins of Lion-O

The press release promises the new series will tell the origin story of Prince Lion-O's ascension to the throne, and his battles with the forces of evil for the Stones of Power. The release calls it "a sweeping
tale combining swords and science boasting ferocious battles with the highest stakes."

They'll still be good role models

The press release also assures us that the Thundercats will still learn something each week. "Lion-O and his champions learn valuable lessons about loyalty, honor and morality in every episode," the press release says.

They're more feline than ever

The press release promises more realistic cat characteristics than ever before. Not sure how those rippling biceps fit in, but "Lion-O, Mumm-Ra, Panthro, Cheetara and others will spring off the screen with
realistic cat-like characteristics inconceivable in previous incarnations," it says.

It'll kick ass!

Executive producer Sam Register promises epic action in the new series. "ThunderCats marks our most ambitious foray yet into fantasy," Register says in the press release. "The realism and dynamic visual style we've achieved are sure to thrill viewers, and the cool weapons, vehicles and technology should help the show appeal to a diverse audience."

Like the new Batman cartoons? Then you'll love the new Thundercats

Warner Brothers Animation, producers of Batman: The Brave and the Bold, are spearheading the new Thundercats. They're employing Studio 4°C, animators of Gotham Knights, so this version has all the makings of a dark, grown-up action epic. Producer Michael Jelenic and executive producer Register also have credits on Batman:The Brave and the Bold.

If you loved it before, you'll love it again

The mission statement of the press release emphasizes that "the new Thundercats will appeal to viewers who have loved the characters all their lives as well as young newcomers to the franchise."

A new generation will chant "Thundercats ho!"

Warners isn't looking only to win back old fans. It has its sights on your kids, too. "This collaboration combines the strengths of our two companies," Studio 4°C president and CEO Erik Tanaka said in the press release. "High production values and great storytelling, toward reintroducing this classic fan-favorite to a new audience."

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:38 am

O GOD GRITTY REBOOT RUN!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:12 pm

ThunderCats pffft.. Renew Samurai Pizza Cats!@!
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:00 am

I LOVED ThunderCats. I'm not sure how much I'd like them remaking it though. But if they plan on making it a bit more "Adult" and going more in-depth with the characters backgrounds, it might not be so bad. But, then again, it's WB. So who knows. It could be a total flop, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:16 pm

I wonder how long into the pilot we'll have to wait to hear the word "snarf"
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 7:41 pm

We'll see how it goes. I always like the new updated versions anyway, they seem so cool.

THUNDERCATS, HO!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Lathara

Lathara

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:16 am

Used to love the 80's show and have happy childhood memories of it. TV remakes are rarely as awesome as their originals with the exception of 'Battlestar Galactica'

Hmmmmm

"NOT SURE IF WANT"

Might buy the DVD's of the old 80's series though :)
Back to top Go down
Raijin Tsuji

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 2:01 am

have to totally agree on the backstory and if the can actually make panthro not look like gray clay id be totally down with it

as long as i get my snarf fix its cool.

and they do justice to mumrah i always thought his wrapping was used papper towels from wall mart rofl
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'   Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats' Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cartoon Network reviving 'ThunderCats'
Page 1 of 1