Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Prince of Persia

Go down 
+5
Satha Kuuetsija
Khalus Akuhei
Soten Enki
Luxtra Vherr
Xao
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:34 pm

This was surprisingly good! Unlike Iron Man 2...which was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:22 pm

Really? I thought it would have been a total hack xD. Then again, I've never been a fan of video games/ Cartoons gone Real Life. Only exception for me would be X-men.

I might have to see it though if it's really that good.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:31 pm

It was pretty good, it isn't a LOTR experience or anything, but I felt like my $8 bucks was worth it! I laughed at a few parts and enjoyed the stunts...plus it actually had a plot!

Jake did a good job too. He was the highlight of the movie for me...and I don't just mean looks.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Funny how they chose a caucasian to play a persian, I guess they don't think people would like the movie otherwise...

Haven't seen it yet though I do want to, might go sometime next week!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:06 pm

guess they needed a face to draw in the customers. I for one will go see it. Since I have played the game.. Well about 30 minutes worth. Years ago.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:13 pm

That whole money > authenticity thing is exactly what I don't like about it :p

You should play The Forgotten Sands :o that's supposed to be good. I like what I read about freezing a waterfall just as you're about to touch it so you can jump back off :p

I was a fan of the series til that last one they did where they changed everything, that's the only one I didn't finish.
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:59 am

Havn't played this series since the original...but I do wanna see the movie someday!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:31 am

Which one do you mean when you say original? :p

I wanna see this movie, and my friend knows that, but of course she goes without me while I'm working! Unacceptable!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:08 am

The original original 1989/90 version for DOS:

Prince of Persia Prince_of_Persia_%281989_video_game%29_IBM_PC_Version_gameplay

I might have tried the 3D version a few years later briefly, but when the series shifted to the PS I've never once played any of them. Not saying they're bad cause I dunno, its just I was and really still am into the RPGs and focused on them. Though I did beat this one, and greatly enjoyed it...love them 2D side-scrolling platformers. Blackthorne was another really good one from that era...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Aziel

Aziel

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:23 pm

Mmmm, BlackThorne, loved that one. I think I liked that better than Prince of Persia, which I never really got into.

I do want to watch the movie, though. :)
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:22 pm

Nice :p Everyone I know that talks about the first Prince of Persia is talking about Sands of Time and don't even know about original, side-scrolling games. I liked the second one more the first though.;'The Shadow and the Flame' o.o
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:20 pm

One reason I want to see this movie is because the stunt director is apparently the person who invented modern parkour.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 4:50 pm

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
Nice :p Everyone I know that talks about the first Prince of Persia is talking about Sands of Time and don't even know about original, side-scrolling games. I liked the second one more the first though.;'The Shadow and the Flame' o.o

Mhm, we're old school, baby. :)
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:07 pm

I really like the look of Sands of Time, its to bad UBisoft are on my "try and not to buy" list. Next to Soe, Sega, and cryptic.

I am guilty of owning Just Dance From UBisoft for the Wii though. LoL
I never checked befor buying it.

Chake what your mama gave you!!!
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:08 am

So because you don't like ubisoft you refuse to play good games like Prince of Persia and Fable? > Onigiri oo
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:50 am

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
So because you don't like ubisoft you refuse to play good games like Prince of Persia and Fable? > Onigiri oo

Ya i'm rather stuburn for things like that. I really hate what they trying to do with the games in a bid to counter software theft.

Iv never done it myself & I end being the one thats alienated. Id put EA in there as well.

the only time i usually look over this is in the name of inovation. If a Company takes a big chance on something I like and has never been done beffor.
Back to top Go down

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 pm

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
That whole money > authenticity thing is exactly what I don't like about it :p

There were very few "Persian" actors but honestly that didn't detract
for me. If they were trying to sell the movie as an honest true story
about Persia then yeah it would have been a problem and taken away from my enjoyment.

Its a good action movie with some great stunts. It captured the feel of the game for me. It was pretty good. I'm not going to put it on the same level as LOTR or Avatar but I didn't feel scammed spending $8 to see it. Usually means a movie is pretty good for me.
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:00 pm

I thought Iron Man 2 was awesome. This one, was good, but not great. The pacing was a bit slow, and the story predictable, but altogether not a horrible waste of time.

On a parental note, it's actually a decent movie for young ones to see as there isn't a ton of blood if any and no profanity or nudity or sex scenes, so I can at least watch this one with my young boys without telling em to close their eyes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Prince of Persia Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prince of Persia   Prince of Persia Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prince of Persia
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: TV Shows, Movies, Music & Books-
Jump to: