Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Empty
PostSubject: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:33 pm

Oh nices, now here is some juicy info, even added the comparison shot of the alpha and finished look they're talking about that has been making its rounds. So a few things that really stand out to me that I absolutely love. Well of course we knew there would be housing because FFXI had it but I look forward to whatever else SE has in store for us, maybe some kind of of LS HQ this time. Oh yeah, we can recolor our armor...I so damn happy...however is it complete recolors or just partial? Oh, Alpha Phase 2 participants already selected...GL everyone!

As an added reminded, this info is not entirely 100% accurate translation yet, I'll be sure to update when we get the full scoop then...

Quote :

• The tempo of combat in the alpha test was/is poor and explanations insufficient, but the beta test will improve upon this by making it easier to string together consecutive attacks; the changes will result in a completely different system.
  • It will be easier to save Gil this time around.
  • The alpha version's graphics use something called "Project Shadows" while the beta version will use "Depth Buffer Shadows." You can see a comparison at the end of this thread.
  • Limsa Lominsa will have two levels, the meaning of which is not quite clear. A hierarchy perhaps?
  • The chat log will see a large variety of filtering options in phase 2 of the alpha test. They were unable to be completed in time for phase 1.
  • Preparations for large-scale housing similar to Final Fantasy XI's Mog House are currently under way.
  • Additional participants have already been chosen via a drawing for phase two of the alpha test; however, they have yet to be notified.
  • Your character's god/deity can be chosen during the character creation process.
  • Methods of transportation will include chocobos, carriages, boats and airships.
  • Item customization will include the selection of materials, colors and a variety of possible inscriptions.
Quote :

• They are considering allowing player bazaars to run even while players are logged out.
  • Players can participate in the the fighting arena and gambling halls in Ul’dah.
  • Items can be inscribed like in FFXI.

Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team AlphaFFXIV

Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team ShadowsFFXIV

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Thu May 27, 2010 9:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 3:43 pm

Sounds good to me. progress is being made by the sound of it.
Stringing attacks oh Ya i like the ring of that.

Well I gess they already sent out the invitations by now.
Crap!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 4:47 pm

Sounds good, I'm really happy to see that they are addressing the combat! My faith is restored. I was starting to doubt about pre-ordering it due to what I had seen of combat but I'm all warm and fuzzy again

Onigiri Big Eyes
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:27 pm

Definitely ups my confidence in the games development. Can't wait for the full translation.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:20 pm

Wow that aplha picture looks like crap XD it's not a big step up from FFXI graphics! Glad they changed it, along with the combat, though I knew it couldn't be as dull as people were saying, I mean come on :p
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:37 pm

Well, everything that most were complaining about was expected really. Whenever something leaks early from an alpha or beta its the end of the world and "that must be exactly how its going to be and nothing will change to them."

I've been trying to ignore most of it, cause its far to early to judge how anything will turn out especially since its still in alpha 1..not even in beta yet. Gamers will complain about anything, but the worst are the ones that don't have any interest at all or have ever played FFXI and understand that slower tactical thinking is required whom are the most vocal on how bad they think it is and don't even plan to play it...give it a break already. Most of these same players are also the ones throwing fits because you can't jump or PvP too, or gave up on FFXI 2min after logging in cause WASD didn't move their character.

I suppose though; let them complain cause they more than likely will never play then or quit early cause they've more than convinced themselves they'll never enjoy it regardless of how it turns out.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 7:45 pm

My strategy is simple, I just don't care what other people think or say, I only trust my own opinion and views, et voila! Less BS to deal with lol
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 11:26 am

I don't listen to what others are saying but watching some of those combat videos that leaked got me a little nervous. I didn't think that it wouldn't change and remained hopeful that it would be addressed. Now that it is I'm happy!

Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team 88970
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:31 pm

The newer shading looks very good. I like to hear that we'll be able to choose a deity too. That's one of the things I really liked about EQ lore-wise and character creation-wise. I remember in EQ 1 I played a human paladin that followed Rodcet Nife, the God of Healing. It felt a lot different than when I played as an Iksar Paladin who followed Mithaniel Marr, god of Justice, in EQ II (and of course I'm talking character background and roleplay elements here, not gameplay). I wonder if deities will affect gameplay somehow in FFXIV? I hadn't heard about the combat issues, but I'm glad to hear of the improvements. And it's good to hear that saving gil will be easier too, although I wonder if that doesn't mean that players will just sell items for higher amounts... effectively making gil worth less than it is in FFXI. I guess it depends how they balance things out with NPC merchants.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:04 pm

Citrond wrote:
The newer shading looks very good. I like to hear that we'll be able to choose a deity too. That's one of the things I really liked about EQ lore-wise and character creation-wise. I remember in EQ 1 I played a human paladin that followed Rodcet Nife, the God of Healing. It felt a lot different than when I played as an Iksar Paladin who followed Mithaniel Marr, god of Justice, in EQ II (and of course I'm talking character background and roleplay elements here, not gameplay). .

Cool i played a Iksar Iquisitor in EQ2 Lol that was fun
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 5:00 pm

Would be neat if you choice of deity gave you a small buff. If not may just affect the quests you can get.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team   Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leaked interview info with the Final Fantasy XIV team
Page 1 of 1