Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Global Agenda

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Due to my nature of trying every possible MMO I can get my hands on through a free trial I had to give this one a shot once I saw there was one on Steam, so for everyone wondering what the game is like I am going to explain it with a mini review! (I'm also slightly bored and in the mood to type a whole lot!)

It's not really an MMORPG to start with, it's more of a round-based third person shooter with an assortment of weapons and abilities that you can upgrade. Weapons unlock as you gain levels and they have 4 levels, you can equip yourself with any of the 4 levels but the higher level the weapon you equip the more slots it takes (credits or something, I forget!) and you only have so much that you can use. So basically you can equip a level 4 Sniper Rifle but that would leave less room for you to equip say a level 4 sword and some grenades, meaning you have to downsize something to level 2 or 3 to make them all fit, or you can just dump the grenades and do without. I found this system quite interesting actually, there is armor that you can buy/craft but it's purely cosmetic, it looks so good and there's little other use for currency though so chances are you'll still want to get some!

After the action-packed tutorial the game kinda lets you down a little though, because after that you're dropped off in a small hub city where all you can do to gain more levels is play a Mission, either PvE or PvP... I only tried PvE because I need to gain more levels to even try PvP, but that was a little dissapointing. There are 4 different missions, each varying in difficulty, and all 4 are the same: a short 20 minute time limit affair where you plow through all the enemies to get to the boss then you take that thing down. Don't get me wrong it's fun, just incredibly short for being the only non-PvP content.

PvP from what I've read is split between small matches with different modes, kinda like Counter Strike or another similar game I suppose, and a Conquest mode. Conquest is what Global Agenda calls the main part of the game, it's Alliance vs. Alliance territory control, and it actually does sound kinda fun, too bad I can't even try it without being part of an Alliance or paying monehz!

After you buy the game you can continue to play the game all the way to the cap (level 50, but you get all your weapons unlocked by 30... so... I really don't see a point to continuing?! There are no stats... maybe you get more credits to equip stuff) but unless you subscribe you can't access the Conquest mode. Personally I like that idea, you can play those mini PvP and PvE matches with friends, get levels, play with equipment setups and the like all you want without paying for a subscription, but once you feel like taking part in the biggest part of the game you can sign up and play it for a month, then drop back out again for a bit but continue playing the other stuff. Expansions aren't going to be released seperately like Guild Wars, they want to implement them and have you pay that subscription to access the content when they release them, so everyone isn't split between what expansions they've purchased. It's as if FFXI would let you level up in parties for free, but you'd need to subscribe to take part in things like expansions and end-game... this is actually a system that I think would benefit the game, but we all know it's NEVER going to happen lol

Bottom line is, the game is quite enjoyable. It suffers a small lack of content for non-subscribers but that's to be expected, I just may snag this up if I see it on sale and play a few matches here and there like I do with L4D2, and sometime after that when I'm level 30 I just might subscribe to see what all the fuss about Conquest is :p

By the way the trial isn't limited to anything except level 15, so if anyone wants to pop in and do a few missions with me to see what it's like, let me know! Could be a fun time-killer when I can't find any parties in FFXI :p
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 1:50 am

You should get this post published and sell it as a novel! IT'S CERTAINLY LONG ENOUGH! Global Agenda 987304
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:30 am

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
You should get this post published and sell it as a novel! IT'S CERTAINLY LONG ENOUGH! Global Agenda 987304

Global Agenda 402589

I was actually looking forward to this game for a few weeks, then everything kinda settled in, and the class really turned me away.

How do the class feel?
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:59 am

Classes are pretty fun. The whole game is kinda meh so far though. So far it doesn't seem to go anywhere or even have a point other than the repeat the same missions over and over again until you're level 50.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:32 am

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:

Shutting your mouths! It is time for the cooking of you!

Oh, and about doing the same things over and over again, that is partially true, but we haven't tried the PvP part of the missions yet :O and don't forget about Conquest if you subscribe! When you look at it that way it has more content than Counter Strike and you played that for quite a while Global Agenda 402589
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 12:43 pm

Pyrrha Luxtre wrote:
Satha Kuuetsija wrote:

Shutting your mouths! It is time for the cooking of you!

Oh, and about doing the same things over and over again, that is partially true, but we haven't tried the PvP part of the missions yet :O and don't forget about Conquest if you subscribe! When you look at it that way it has more content than Counter Strike and you played that for quite a while Global Agenda 402589

Ill consider playing if you guys play monster hunter with me in return Global Agenda 906341 ...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 2:32 pm

Ahhhh, massive block of text....*runs away* Ugh PvP...no thx!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 3:55 pm

It's also PvE lol
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 4:07 pm

Yeah but PvP is apparently the best part of the game according to the devs, and Khal doesn't like guns as he once told me... then again, why are you playing Just Cause 2 Khal?! lol
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:14 pm

Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
It's also PvE lol

And with PvP, means that the game is balanced based on PvP stats...thus even in PvE its still a PvP game...lame! For instance FFXI is PvE, and is entirely based around PvE cause the main focus is that of PvE, even the silly Ballista is balanced on PvE stats...

As far as guns go, well if you were in Vent more you'd know that I normally don't like guns, but JC2 has been worth it. I think its just FPS online against other tards is where I hate gun-play the most, but IO do enjoy the occasional 1P adventures in FPS titles. Like Modern Warfare II was great fun, although far too short.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:25 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Satha Kuuetsija wrote:
It's also PvE lol

And with PvP, means that the game is balanced based on PvP stats...thus even in PvE its still a PvP game...lame! For instance FFXI is PvE, and is entirely based around PvE cause the main focus is that of PvE, even the silly Ballista is balanced on PvE stats...

Ah but that is where you are wrong! There are no stats in GA :p it's all about selecting the right gear before you go into a match or mission, it adds a certain strategic element that I find unique.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:41 pm

blech... Global Agenda 346957
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeSat Apr 17, 2010 5:48 pm

Cynic! :p
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:57 am

I downloaded the demo to try it out. Was fun to play but All the menus on my screen don't show so it is hard to play. I can't see my equipment menu or anything. But was fun anyway lol.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:19 am

Arukan Enki wrote:
I downloaded the demo to try it out. Was fun to play but All the menus on my screen don't show so it is hard to play. I can't see my equipment menu or anything. But was fun anyway lol.

Was that like a glitch or what?
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:58 am

Yeah must be a glitch. Doesn't seem to want me to read the menus. But I am sure after I update my graphic drivers it will show. Just too lazy to do it right now.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 4:23 am

Arukan Enki wrote:
Yeah must be a glitch. Doesn't seem to want me to read the menus. But I am sure after I update my graphic drivers it will show. Just too lazy to do it right now.

Stuff like that has pushed me away from the PC as a gaming platform.
Its like i posted on MMorpg.com way back....

The PC is a total mess. The PC industry is killing itself.

Exept for my SNES days iv always been a PC Gamer. But for the last 2 years iv been disapointed.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:05 pm

Set Anti-Aliasing to Use application settings and now the menus all show. Didn't have to reinstall anything.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 8:13 pm

Glad to see you fixed it Aru! Sath's been trying to get me to play PvP with him but I need another level or two... maybe we should arrange to meet up sometime! My name on there is Adric, and I think Satha's is Eisengrim if I remember correctly...
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:27 pm

What do you mean if you remember correctly?! >:o That's my name for everything!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 10:42 pm

well once you put two Ms! and I'm sorry I didn't really look at your name much when we were being attacked by a bunch of enemies, I was slightly more focused on them! I thought it was that but I wasn't sure, and when I'm not sure I say so! :p
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 6:09 pm

My name in GA is Soten. But I am only level 7 and on a trial account. Can you pvp with a trial account?
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:12 am

I think you can, the only things you can't do is level past 15 or do Conquest, but Conquest is subscription only so even if you buy the game don't expect to be able to try that without paying even more! D: if I ever try it, it had better be worth it lol, though people probably level with PvP and PvE missions for a month or two before trying it anyway.

Sath has been bugging me to play it again so I will be doing so sometime in the next few days! He's actually playing right now so I'll tell him to add you in case I forget :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Global Agenda Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global Agenda   Global Agenda Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global Agenda
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P/F2P MMOs and PC & Console Gaming {Public Forums} :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs Forums-
Jump to: