Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 5:57 pm

That there are some rather beefy requirements...not as bad as I was expecting, but still quite high for the average PC user!

Quote :
Square Enix had updated Final Fantasy XIV Japanese official site yesterday and released the system requirement for FFXIV alpha beta test. The requirement may be adjusted before the launch of Final Fantasy XIV.

FFXIV beta test system requirement:

Platform:
# Windows XP SP3
# Windows Vista 32-bit/64-bit SP2
# Windows 7 32-bit/64-bit

CPU:
# Intel Core 2 Duo (2.4GHz)
# AMD Athlon X2 (2.4GHz)

Memory:
# Windows XP: 1.5GB
# Windows Vista/Windows 7:2GB

Secondary storage:
# 10GB for installation
# 10GB for installation content and extra update

Display adapter:
# NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or higher, memory 512MB
# Radeon HD 2009 or higher, memory 512MB

Sound:
# DirectSound compatible (DirectX 9.0)

Graphic:
# 1280x720
# DirectX
# DirectX 9.0c
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeMon Mar 22, 2010 6:20 pm

i gota update my pc sooner then >.< crap! i have a nvidia FX 1500 thats way lower then the new cards considering my pc is kinda old evne thought its only like 3-4 years old. still runs like new though XD considering i could run aion on max graphics albeith with only lag when there were alot of effects on my screen :o
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 4:11 am

Those are just the alpha/beta requirements. The final games minimum specs will be lower.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 7:46 am

Hurray I can run it! :D
Back to top Go down
Zzrik

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:01 pm

...Thats far from 'beefy' requirements. My spare PC that I test stuff on beats those requirements with a bat.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeFri Mar 26, 2010 8:16 pm

For the average PC gamer it is....when I played WoW and WAR I ran into players all the time that lagged in those MMOs on the lowest settings. There are a ton of gamers that get their PCs for $400 from Wal-Mart, and while they'll play WoW and equivalent MMOs...they are not very good specs liek this is asking for.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 7:44 am

Hmm I might want to upgrade my graphics card. I have the minimum (Nvidia 8800) but it is always better to have more :P (Always looking for that excuse)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeSat Mar 27, 2010 2:33 pm

You can get an EVGA GTX 275, it retailed for $250 last summer, and has yet been discontinued, but you can find them on eBay atm. Its what I run and its a damn fine card...that is about 4 times as powerful as the 8800, which I used to run.

Unless you wanna go super expensive and get a GTX 470 or 480 which EVGA just announced the other day which cost about $659 each...hehe Prolly 20x more powerful than the GTX 275
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 8:48 am

No no, don't need to go that expensive. I've been looking at GTX 275 the Fry's close to us has some for about $150 atm. Remember whatever I do to my computer I must do to the hubby's heh.

Going to have to upgrade to 8 gb of ram too but that won't be expensive, got 4 atm.

:)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled   Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIV Alpha/Beta System Requirement Unveiled
Page 1 of 1