Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Empty
PostSubject: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:35 am

DL: New FFXIV Battlesong

OMG...that looks incredible, plus the use of a First & Last name system....so awesome!
New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! FFXIV010

Quote :
Writer: WOW! Look at that screenshot! That’s amazing! The adventurer has a last name?
Editor: What, THAT’S the first thing that caught your eye?! This is a screenshot from the alpha version of the game, and it looks like a few things have changed since Germany’s Gamescom.
Writer: There’s a minimap on the top right of the screen. The red dots are enemies, and I guess the green dots are NPCs or something. You can see pretty far using this map.
Editor: I wonder if the icon for Chiretsuzen (the ability charging to the right of the player) represents its elemental property.
Writer: Don’t you think each individual ability will have its own icon?
Editor: The action menu shows a lot of icons, too. The chat window is also tabbed for general and battle, so it looks like you can switch between chat and battle messages.
Writer: The battle messages are really detailed!
Editor: It even lists where the attack are coming from, like “attacked from behind.”
Writer: I want to see this in action!
Editor: If the battles look this good, I can’t wait to have some of my own!

*This battle screen is from the game still under development and may change depending on user feedback during the beta.

Also just noticed that there is a mini-map in upper right corner...that will help out quite a bit!

Here is what that same enemy looks like in FFXI ~ Peiste
Pretty dern impressive...
New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Peiste

Last edited by Khalus on Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 11:38 am

hey if i may

there is a lot and lots of new info for FFXIV from Famitsu

it's on FFXIV Core

http://www.ffxivcore.com/topic/4285-famitsu-scoop-from-issue-1110-march-25-2010/

credit to Core

man, those HD screenshot completed my week!

and seriously, the UI wins, it;s so simplistic and beautiful
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:16 pm

the UI in FFXI made me hate every other UI in every other MMORPG out there, so I'm glad to see the one in XIV may do it justice, I will have to play it to know for sure though. The hotbar and chat tabs make me think they're trying to be like other MMOs a little bit, I hope not too much... It will be nice to seperate battle and chat though. One thing I know I won't like is the connection speeds being on the bottom left, that's my most important corner, I don't give two craps about that unless I'm lagging, go away! lol

I like that you can pick a last name, but I don't have any unique last names that I could use in mind D: I'll have to start thinking really hard!
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 6:22 pm

Pyrrha wrote:
One thing I know I won't like is the connection speeds being on the bottom left, that's my most important corner, I don't give two craps about that unless I'm lagging, go away! lol

I like that you can pick a last name, but I don't have any unique last names that I could use in mind D: I'll have to start thinking really hard!

You do know that the entire UI is movable and you can re-size it all too. Also I'd suggest looking into a sur name as SE has mentioned they'd like players to have the option, but to the point of how it is in Japan where you address a player by their last name and that's the unique part, but a first name will be common and can be used by multiple players.

Once that is announced, I'll open the option to allow members here to request having their last name shown, but I kinda hope it won't be choice and you have to choose a sur name!
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 11, 2010 7:52 pm

yep i like the idea of having a surname

but at some point, surname are supposed to be like a Family Clan thing, so i wonder if it will be implemented in a different way

like if we formed a Organization, we could all have the same surname, so people would know that we have bond or something hahah
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:02 am

So ya know in the cinematics thread when I said that the epicness in the screens was going to cause the world to spontaneously combust? I thought I was commenting on this photo. Maybe I should call the fire department ahead of time... What's the number for 911?

Edit: Also, I'm seeing MP on that pugilist. Are you seeing MP on that pugilist? That pugilist looks like it has MP! o.o
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:28 am

Thanks for the link Twefoju. That one goes into a bit more depth on the classes than we had on the post the other day. And it looks like the lalafel in dark purple robes, which had the Fire and Cure weaponskills is actually called a Conjurer, rather than an illusionist :O Some nice info on combat too.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 12:40 pm

I just noticed that mini map in the corner too :o it blended in too well... and the TP does look to be insanely high o.O @72 and yet it looks like it can go up to 100 000, maybe it won't reset whenever you zone anymore (assuming there are zones, it may be seamless)

I like that the combat won't focus on one mob at a time anymore, the fun of RPG battles is strategy and taking down a ton of mobs, every mob shouldn't feel like an individual mini-boss, it makes the actual mini-bosses more speshial! :p being able to solo a party of dragons such as in the picture is going to be fun~
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 1:09 pm

My guess is that physical abilities are going to cost mp. And hopefully, with a to bar that big, we won't still get about ten per attack lol
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 2:27 pm

Added some commentary about the image above from Degenki!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 5:49 pm

*drool* Soooo nice. So much nice info coming out, can't wait ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!   New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Battle Scene, First & Last names possible, New Battle Music!
Page 1 of 1