Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Are you a job hopper?

Go down 
+2
Khalus Akuhei
Tareith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tareith

Are you a job hopper? Empty
PostSubject: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 3:02 pm

So, just out of curiosity, what job did you first start with the very first time you started FFXI and did you stick with it?

For me, I started as MNK as all things. I hopped all over the place and never got it past level 20. Leveled RDM, BLM, and PLD to like 40ish before I left the first time. I came back after a couple years and took BRD to 75 on a brand new character and then started working on subs, BLU, and SMN before my second departure from FFXI. This last time I was on SCH, which I still want to level if only for the AF. I think it was FFXI that made me realize I really prefer mage type jobs, especially support roles.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 4:46 pm

MNK as well, and then Samurai. Course this was back when nobody knew much on how to do anything, and SAM/MNK was quite acceptable, as was; must have 2 WHM to survive in Qufim...those sure were the days!!!

I too eventually got upset with the constant WHM players always leaving after an hr or never avail, and I finally was like, ok lets find out whats so bad about WHM in FFXI. I started playing that job and became known on my server at the time ~ Seraph ~ as the WHM that never slept and ran melee jobs into quitting my PT and recycling positions for as many as 18-20 straight hrs of PTing. When I logged in I'd get 30 /tells for PT invites before the screen finished loading...I was greatly wanted and helped develop the WHM mentality for sticking around for awhile...hehe

Last edited by Khalus on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 5:20 pm

Reminds me of a friend I used to run with. She started a party with a friend at like noon, ran all day, all night, and I think it was around 10am the next day he was saying he needs to go to sleep. The normally meek and sweet player said something like Oh shutup, I want at least 50 today! I think she started in the mid 20s for that session. A bit insane but if you wanted to level any job from 1 to 75 in 30 days or less, that was your go-to person. Of course, I was a lovely unemployed bum back then so I also leveled pretty quickly. Ah the good ol days.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:36 pm

I jumped around a lot. Mainly because of how hard it was to find parties at time. Now it's because I'm still iffy about tanking with how my lag and such so I've been leveling some random jobs that I like.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:50 pm

Quote :
on my server at the time ~ Seraph ~
I need character names Onigiri Happy If you where on that much odds are we partied together at some point...and if you say " Mavrickhunter" I'll throw a can of cream corn at you. Onigiri XD
As for jobs, started rdm and blm, leveled them up at the same time and to this day the only 2 jobs I have at 75. I have every job to at least 10 and more then a few past 40. I get bored real easy and play other jobs when rdm or blm make me sleepy.
Back to top Go down
Yonnie

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:56 pm

Honestly, my first character I think was RDM. I got bored with him and started a taru, don't remember what job, but eventually I ended up duoing BST to 75. After that I leveled SMN to 75.

I had an awesome BST shell at the time and we did as many events as we could all BST. I made so much money from all the seals I had, I loved that job and always will probably.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 11:10 pm

Lonestar wrote:
Quote :
on my server at the time ~ Seraph ~
I need character names Onigiri Happy If you where on that much odds are we partied together at some point...and if you say " Mavrickhunter" I'll throw a can of cream corn at you.

Awww, I like cream corn though...hehe Onigiri Dancing

Nah my main there was Mercredi the Samurai, which I stopped playing after awhile, cause far too many ppl started calling me Wednesday which Mercredi is in French...rofl. Onigiri Mad

I then started over as Kiyoko the White Mage, and as my story goes, was great fro a time until someone asshat made a char with the name Kyoko, WHM also and was horrible and over time it started to ruin my reputation. Apparently ppl can't read names very well and tell that the one on their must invite always list was not that one....heh Onigiri Mad Eyes
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:24 am

I am sure we ran a few things together. I may have still been part of Hyzon ( or was it Hyzan?) with Malzra, Rikamaru. My wife was Sweetthing ( she may have had Lenainverse by then to).
I made a minor mistake. I forgot I had a galka when I first started for all of 15 levels (mnk) then I went full bore with my Taru. Galkas are just less then memorable for me it seems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 11:32 am

heh. i started leveling War. then mnk for sub. got war to 20 mnk to 11 then went whm which i got to 41 and blm 25 for whm sub then went summoner got summoner to 75 then got ninja to 18 then leveled dancer to 33 then went back o red mage and got it to level 62 like yesterday. and somehwere in between all that i got blm up to 41 O.o sooo...job hopper? or job pinball XD
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 9:18 pm

Did you start summoner before or after the mini-trials were put in? Think I only had carby for quite a while (didn't matter in the lower levels as you are a gimp whm till stoneskinga anyway).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 9:05 am

i started smn and like when i reached 20 my friends fought the primes for me
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2010 10:36 am

Back in the day, I started as THF. Because we didn't have the same soloing perks back then, it was hard getting to 10 as thf. So I switched to RDM. I leveled that all the way to 60, while leveling THF, SAM, BLM, and NIN. Once I stopped RDM at 60, I leveled THF up to 72, while still leveling almost every job. I then leveled NIN to 75. The first and only job I managed to get to 75 before starting another job. Next on my list was SAM. That's currently sitting at 73 and I'm planning on getting it to 75 eventually. On the side though, I'm also leveling BLM which at the moment is at 68.

In short, I'm known to be a terrible job hopper. I level a job up to the 70s and then switch to another before I even get 75.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a job hopper?   Are you a job hopper? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Are you a job hopper?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy Franchise :: Final Fantasy XI-
Jump to: