Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

How Awesome is Fallout III?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Fauste

Fauste

How Awesome is Fallout III? Empty
PostSubject: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:40 pm

Seriuosly though... This might be my favorite game of all time. I've beaten it countless times in different perspectives. There's just something about exploring the capital wasteland, and taking in the stunning scenery. It has such a sense of despair and emptiness.

On a side note... the FFXI toon I've been playing is a Galka mage, and he's just oversized and wearing a cloak and just such an anamoly that he reminds me a lot of Fawkes, the intelligent super mutant.

How Awesome is Fallout III? Fawkes
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:12 am

It's so funny how my hubby's cousin played this with me and he started just shooting everyone in sight (including the starter town Megaton). Such an evil evil man! LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 2:54 am

I dunno, I tried to play it several times, and even added more than 10gb of mods to it as well, and I just couldn't get further than like 5+ hrs into it...like shortly after doing a few missions in Megaton, then I lose interest.

I've always enjoyed Bethesda titles in the past, so I dunno whats up with it. I do have a much higher desire to play Fantasy over sci-fi, but it could also be that I just don't like guns much and tend to avoid games with guns most the time. Swords and Sorcery are where its at for me...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 4:20 am

It's the only game that's been installed on my machine over a 6 months and I still play it from time to time. Cosmetic mods (model, textures, hair, eyes, clothes), a few outfits, and some interesting melee weapons and off I go. I do still find it funny how stealth starts off as crap and then suddenly becomes way overpowered. Most challenging, yet rewarding build I've done was my hand to hand expert. She was brutally hard starting out but started to get very powerful in the teens. Might have been a bit easier if I didn't use the x5 mobs mod. lol

Oddly enough, I'm of a similar mindset as Khalus on oblivion as he is with Fallout. I've tried and tried, but just can't get into it.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:32 am

Fallout 3 was a big disapointment for me.

Its just all the small things that keep adding up.

Feeling on a treadmill always annoyed the crap out of me.

Im all for hyper realism but if you cant do it right,

Leave it to my imagination.
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 8:17 pm

A part of it could be that I watched the Mad Max movies alot as a kid, it's loosely based off the concept of a post-apocalyptic wasteland.

Don't get me wrong guys.. Morrowind is my favorite game of..all...time but Fallout 3 just hooked me in right away.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How Awesome is Fallout III?   How Awesome is Fallout III? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Awesome is Fallout III?
Page 1 of 1