Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Bethesda's New MMO

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tareith

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:39 pm

They created an MMO group like, almost a year now but there's been very little talk about what they are doing with it. The obvious first choice was Fallout, but since they are getting owned by Interplay so far it doesn't seem likely. Current rumors point to an Elder Scrolls MMO. Nothing is confirmed yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to hear something in the next 6 months to a year.

I'm pretty torn on the whole thing. At first, I hated Bethesda. I couldn't stand how buggy the code was, how simplistic so many things were, and how they failed to fix stuff over and over again. After playing Fallout 3 over and over again, I started to gain a lot more interest in the company once I started Modding the games. Honestly, I'm hard pressed to find many companies that are so mod friendly. Keeping the same engine across multiple games so the community can mod faster is pretty awesome, and if there's one thing I noticed, the community loves it. Just looking at what can be done with the now aged Fallout 3 and even older Oblivion is pretty impressive.

The idea of a customizable MMO makes me all giddy, but there's so much you'd have to do to limit it. Obviously, it'd have to be all cosmetic mods which, oddly enough, is all I want anyway. Custom models and textures, hair and eyes, animations, fluff outfits...they all sound pretty fantastic in an MMO setting. It's like Dat swapping to the extreme. The best part is, you don't have to worry about offending others if it's kept locally on the user's machine. Sadly, I don't think we'll ever see MMOs where the community can create items with stats as it'll be abused inside of a week, easy. Still tho, if there is only one thing WoW's community has taught me is that if the community is supported, custom UIs can be a wonderful, wonderful thing. Seriously, does anyone play with the vanilla UI anymore?

It could also easily become a good classless, skill based MMO; which would also be pretty awesome if done right. Once again, you'd have to build limitations so nobody could be everything at all times. Puting in gear restrictions (ie: to be a mage, you have to wear mage clothing) or even skillcaps/max skill points similar to FFXI's crafting would be enough.

Thoughts? Comments?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:13 pm

Took me a moment to track this down, but I don't have much interest in this atm, cause of this little quip from Bethesda themselves and I quote:

Quote :
"secret World of Warcraft type MMO"

Seriously do no developers ever learn, stop fucking copy/paste fracking damnit WoW already! CREATE SOMETHING NEW ALREADY....SHEESH!!!!!!!!

Its insane....
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Tareith

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:30 pm

Considering WoW stole everything from other MMOs (with the exception of NPC names and phasing), that comment means jack squat. Maybe they are just one upping the people that call every MMO a WoW clone.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:32 pm

You know I'm talking about the easy-mode style which everything new coming out; has been, or older titles switching too. Consider those that made WoW, are old EQ players, I expected at least some challenge...ah well...
Back to top Go down
Tareith

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:35 pm

I wouldn't let one off-hand comment like that influence anything. Hell, even FFXIV is going to be more solo friendly and I didn't see you going off about how it's gonna be a WoW clone. Less time on MMORPG.com forums perhaps? hehe
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 9:42 pm

blah, cause you can tell already from what little we know about FFXIV and the videos that it is very similar to FFXI just with more solo options, but that doesn't say its going to be easy-mode, which we now know that is won't be....hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bethesda's New MMO Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bethesda's New MMO   Bethesda's New MMO Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bethesda's New MMO
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P/F2P MMOs and PC & Console Gaming {Public Forums} :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs Forums-
Jump to: