Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Cooking!!! For Realz!

Go down 
+4
Angstrom Sanchez
Khalus Akuhei
Ianthe Reine
Herkybirdy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Herkybirdy

Herkybirdy

Cooking!!! For Realz! Empty
PostSubject: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:27 am

I had this idea the other day during a mouth watering conversation with the guys on an early morning farming run. Most of us are adults and cook for real. How many times have you wanted to try some new recipe and look it up on the internet and it A) calls for weird ingredients that you'd have to fly to china to buy, B) you don't want to spend the money for something that Emeril cooked because it calls for 5 tons of garlic and your girlfriend is coming over and don't want her, or your, breath to annihilate your romantic evening.

Well here we can post all of our favorite recipes, (don't copy from the recipe book because if i have to fly to China for ingredients I KIIIILL YOOOOU!) right here.

From Bad Ass Bulgolgi, to Spicy Southern Fried Chicken, to Güt German Goulash (I'm going to limit Spaghetti recipes to 5), post all of your recipes here and share with the Collective (Resistance is Futile!)

Mom's Recipes are Welcome!!!

Edit: Also, If its some wierd ingredient that we can still get at a normal grocery store, please describe it and tell us what section of the store its in (we men hate to go ask someone where to get the Poblano)

Last edited by Herkybirdy on Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:36 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added Info)
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/profile.php?id=10000012107159
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:39 am

Sadly most of the things I like to cook I do all by taste (as does my mom) and even if i knew what the ingredients were (My mom never taught me korean so I can't read what the stuff is called. x_x) you'd probably have to hunt down an asian market to find.

(I'll try to bug my mom for the name of the ingredients but I doubt it would help much.)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 8:45 am

Good idea, however I don't exactly have recipes I can share! I don't write anything down as its all in my head and I cook by taste and smell most the time and add ingredients as I go and see fit!

But someday if I can ever borrow a digital cam and its around when I'm cooking I may be inclined to post images of my finished dishes!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 11:37 am

Tequila Lime Chicken

4 chicken breasts
Breading (Bread Crumbs) - enough to cover chicken
1 Egg
1 Cup Heavy Whipping Cream
Tequila (to taste)
Lime Juice (to taste)
Spices - I use a bit of oregano but you can spice it to your taste.

The evening before you cook the dinner, marinate the chicken in lime juice and tequila. (I don't like the tequila or lime taste to be very strong so there isn't much marinade for me, I usually marinate by placing the chicken in a freezer bag and the putting in the marinade. I usually do two cap fulls of tequila and 1/2 a cup of lime juice. I will come by every once in a while take it out of the fridge and move the chicken around in the bag to better spread the small marinade out among the chicken).

When your ready to cook: In a bowl combine the egg and heavy whipping cream with spices. Dip marinated chicken into the egg mixture then roll in bread crumbs. Bake at 375 degrees for 35 - 40 minutes! Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:50 am

Try a little annana souce in anything like mayoish mix like Tuna salade or chicken salade.

N other really good one is Replacing Mayo and subsituting it with avocado.

there are alot of diffrent really tasty things you can do with that combo alone.

I always add a bit of cayen pepper, but im a spicy lover.

I love paprika with anything patato-like.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:54 am

'drool

I use Cayen Pepper in so many dishes...I too love it spicy! Something I found it really good on are Carrots.

Slice some carrots up, add a little butter, sliced portabella mushrooms, sliced red pepper, and season with some onion salt, and cayen pepper! Is so good...
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:19 am

Khalus wrote:
'drool

I use Cayen Pepper in so many dishes...I too love it spicy! Something I found it really good on are Carrots.

Slice some carrots up, add a little butter, sliced portabella mushrooms, sliced red pepper, and season with some onion salt, and cayen pepper! Is so good...

I have Garlic salt i gess that s almost the same?
I have to give that a try.

Its a bit like somthing i mix in with rice.
not exacly like it but close.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:26 pm

Real easy one

Tortilla Pizza

1 tortilla
enough tomato sauce or other sauce to lightly cover the tortilla
cheese
meat and veggie toppings to your taste

" Sasquatch's tropical hell pizza"
Take you tortilla ( I prefer mission or home made..reese are worthless for Pizza) lay it on a cookie sheet or other oven safe item the tortilla can lay flat on. You can brush the bottom with a bit of olive oil if your all uppity like that.

Brush your sauce onto the tortilla . Try and leave a small sauce free edge to avoid sticking. I use a spicy sauce made from tomato paste, roasted garlic, 24 dashes of habanero sauce ( often not as hot as you would think, They use one pepper for and entire batch of 10 to 1000 bottles), some juice may be needed to cut the hot sauce a bit if its flavor is off. I use pineapple but apple and cranberry juice interact fairly well with the other ingredients.

Spread a good amount of cheese over the tortilla and sauce. I like to use Mozzarella.

Next spread your veggies. For this one I use a hand full of grilled onions, grilled banana peppers ( I prefer spicy), any other peppers you may like depending on your spice level, a handful of pineapple tidbits or other tropical fruit .

Spread your meat. I prefer chicken but peperoni, ham,sausage,beef and lamb would taste just as good. ( I know ham and peperoni do for sure)

Add a second thin layer of cheese. Just enough so that when it melts it will bond the toppings together.

cook in the oven . low heat will give you a melted top , non-golden brown with a softer crust. I prefer 300 until golden brown which most of the time gives you a nice crisp crust ( parts may still be crumbly).

Cut it up and enjoy
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 4:29 pm

Mmmm sounds good Lonestar. I'm also a huge fan of baking my own bread for all types of things, crusts for pies, dough for bread and dumplings, even pizza crust.

Oh that sounds good; a homemade Pizza.....
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:23 am

Holly Batman Amarica's test kitchen for the DS is addictive.
I can't stop trying new recipies.
I think this could elevate my cooking know how a notch or 2

Iv been really bored of late cooking. so i was slacking off.
Always eating the same cycle of OK crap was getting to me.

LOL
And i saw this too the other day kinda funny
http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/nintendo-ds-mcdonalds-training/343417

WTF .

Learning 2times faster
Crazy
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 2:52 am

I will share my secret with you all..... http://www.recipezaar.com/

I go there for most of the stuff I make to get an idea of what others use.

As for something I like to make I would have to say..

Chicken and Bacon fried rice.

5 slices of bacon or more, finely chopped (cook these first)
Onion finely chopped (add these second let them fry)
2 eggs (scramble them while combining with bacon and onions)
4 cups of rice
3 chicken breast in 1 inch cubes or more if you like a lot of chicken. (cook these beforehand)
garlic powder
Soy sauce and combine and heat through.

Simple and you can make a crap ton at a time with a large enough Wok. :D
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:03 am

Oh and for a recipe I like to make straight from a website.

http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Little-Caesars-Crazy-Bread-75531

Little Ceasers Crazy Bread :D

I mostly make the sauce and make my own bread sticks. But the ones pre-made can be good too.
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 3:17 am

Nice im going to add that to my list of Web site.
It looks nice and clean. Plus easy to find my way in there.
I hate crappy web designe.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 3:14 am

There's a restaurant in the Philippines called Aristocrat that makes excellent chicken barbecue. Here's the recipe:

2 lbs chicken (legs, wings, whatever you want)
1 cup sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup vegetable oil (can be substituted with EVOO -extra virgin olive oil)

Mix ingredients except chicken well. Marinade chicken 1 hour or even overnight. Grill on hot barbecue grill. The oil helps in making it not stick to the grill. Use the excess marinade for basting.

Good with steamed rice. :D
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 4:33 am

Aziel wrote:
There's a restaurant in the Philippines called Aristocrat that makes excellent chicken barbecue. Here's the recipe:

2 lbs chicken (legs, wings, whatever you want)
1 cup sugar
1 cup soy sauce
1 cup ketchup
1 cup vegetable oil (can be substituted with EVOO -extra virgin olive oil)

Mix ingredients except chicken well. Marinade chicken 1 hour or even overnight. Grill on hot barbecue grill. The oil helps in making it not stick to the grill. Use the excess marinade for basting.

Good with steamed rice. :D

Im, a give that a try tomorow thx aziel
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:06 am

You're welcome. :) You can also use the marinade with any meat, or even hamburgers, if you like.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Devros Meredin

Devros Meredin

PostSubject: Craw   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2010 12:38 am

MMM....Food Cooking!!! For Realz! 402589

Crawfish Etouffee
Serves 10
1lb Crawfish
1 cup onions Diced
1 red bell pepper dice
1 green bell pepper diced
1 yellow bell pepper diced
3 salks of celery diced
1 1/2 stick of butter sliced
1/4 cup oil
4 cups shrimp stock(can use water if u don't have any stock)
1 cup of seasoned bread crumbs
3 tbls of paprika
1 tsp of salt
1tsp of pepper
1/4 tsp of cayenne Pepper
1 cup of onions

in a large pot over medium-high heat add oil, onions. bell peppers, celery, pepper,salt, paprika and cayenne.saute unil onions are translucent(about 3-4 mins)then add crawfish and butter to pot, reduce heat to medium and saute for 2-3 minutes. Put stock in pot over medium heat and simmer for 5-10 mins now add bread crumbs and green onions to pot now stir to combine then serve.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooking!!! For Realz!   Cooking!!! For Realz! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cooking!!! For Realz!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: