Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

.dat Swapping

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:04 am

So first off, this is highly at your own risk of corrupting either the file{s} you'll be swapping out or the entire installation of FFXI, resulting in having to uninstall and reinstall/update all over again! Do backup your files, cause if you don't and screw up....

Anyway, I originally had no interest in attempting to do this because of the intricate steps using the model viewer and all the different options. I figured it out to a point but didn't wanna mess with it until I found this other way of swapping out .dats! I've been playing with this all morning and it works flawlessly as long as you don't attempt to use a dat made for a Mithra on a Hume, or any other odd combinations....basically only swap .dats that are made for that race!

FFXI Dat Copier v0.4b ~ File DL

Quote :
Update: Verion 0.4b!!

Whats it Do You Ask?

This Allows you to easily copy dats from one location to the Game folders, without manually having to do so.

You set your Mod Folder/FFXI Instal/Backup Folder. When you copy over a dat it backs up the orginal. And you can later auto restore it to its orginal location With Just a Simple Click.

It loads the list files MV uses (modified slightly) and then you just select your race and which equipment part you want to swap. There are 9 Slots for Swaping. Or you can use the new List Swaping Functinality.

How to Use:
After Exteracting Dat Copier. Download the lists Upadte. And Overwrite the files in this list file

When you first run it, Select your FFXI Instal folder. (ex. C:\Program Files\SquareEnix\Final Fantasy\ )
Then select a Mod Folder (This is just a Generic Folder where you are likely to keep all your mods its just used for quick acess this can be anything (ex C:\ or C:\Folder\Where\I\keep\All\My\Mods ) ^^
Backup folder This is just where the program stores a back up of the orginal file (It works just like Model Viewer does when your Importing MQO's) (ex. anything (ex C:\ or C:\Folder\Where\I\keep\All\My\Mods\Backup , If this folder does not exist it will be created.)

From here this is the most simple way of copyign you will ever have.

Click "..." And Browse to the Mod file You want to use.

Select your Race you want in the bottom left, In the Top row, you can Click the Drop down on next to last on the right, to select what body piece you want to Copy your Mod to. Then select from the List Which Armor Piece you want to Copy the Mod to.

Repeate these last 2 steps, of choosing a mod file, and where you want to copy it to as many times as you need to.

After your done Just click "Copy Files" In the bottom right, when you do this It will create a Backup File for you in your backup folder automaticly you dont' have to do any thing.

If you want to Restore this Backup, Just Click the Backups Button, Refresh List, Select the fiel you want to restore, then click Restore.

And thats all you have to do.

It saves alot of time and effort ^^

I plan on one day getting back to working on it. But i'm so busy right now I can't :

Changes:
- More or less a total Overhall of Image/Functionality/Code.
- Now able to Load/Save/Copy List file sets for mass swaping (uses the same backup functionality as before If there is no existing backup one will be created, this backup method for list swaping will probally be changed in some way later on) *Please make suggestions for methods you may like for it to be backedup, ex A special list folder created each time in the backup folder.*

The files are saved as .fdcl (FFXI Dat Copier List) its just a comma delimeted text file so you do not have to use the program to create a list. Just create one first for an example

What does this mean? You can now easily Save a Backup List for the orginal files to swap back before a Patch, Then after the patch using another list swap all your mods back quick and simple!!!

- Added Menu's For Everything, So the Main Window Doesn't Look Cluttered.
- You can now Manually choose for each Import slot for the race you select Face/Head/Body/etc
- Haha The exe file size broke 1mb ^^

Upcomming:
- Version Checking Feature
- Automatic List File Downloads.
- A possible change in some way to the List Fiel Backup Method.
- Anything else anyone suggests if possible, and who knows what else

As usual I have tested it. But as always it can't hurt to manually back up your files. If something does freakisly happen to a file of yours and its not backed up right please let me know what happened. You can also just simply ask somone for a copy of the file. If you find any bugs at all please post them here or PM them to me.

Any Bugs found can now be Submited in the Project Tracker, for Easier Viewing and Public Viewing so Progress can be seen.

http://www.ffximc.com/plug.php?e=tracker

There are a multitude of websites that have .dat files for just about everything out there, but the one linked next is the best one I've found thus far!

Final Fantasy XI Dats

Here are the 4 hairstyles I like the best, so now to decide which to play with or swap them out every once in awhile:

Lion's Long Red Hair
.dat Swapping LionsHairstyle

Mithra 6B Longer Style and Red
.dat Swapping 6BLongRed

Black New Style
.dat Swapping BlackStyle

Pink Hair with Tattoo
.dat Swapping PinkTattoo

Last edited by Khalus on Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:34 am

Oh wow cool looking hair dos!
Back to top Go down
Konrill

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 6:06 pm

dont think i can do this on the 360 =(
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 9:44 am

Nope, PC only.... Decided to use the longer version of 6B in red as displayed above, and as in my Signature...
Back to top Go down
Malicee

Malicee

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:38 am

Is this for new chars or can you do it to your current char?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2009 6:17 am

Changed to the black hair style....looks really good with PLD AF armor:

.dat Swapping Ffxi_20090818_051114
Back to top Go down

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:37 pm

haha! i love dat swapping. i got tons of them. odin staffs custom clothing. however you do find some scary stuff floating on the nets! >.< scary stuff!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:45 pm

So I've been going through .dats again, to find a new hairstyle I wanna use this time, and I found some pretty sick looking PLD re-skins and 1 DNC outfit from FFT. These would replace the default AF gear for PLD and DNC on Mithra only. Its very tempting, but keep in mind that only I'd be seeing these in-game:

Black Paladin AF1
.dat Swapping BlackPLDAF

Crimson Valour PLD AF1
.dat Swapping CrimsonValorPLDMithra

Majestic Plate PLD AF1
.dat Swapping Majestic_Plate_ArmorPLD

FFT DNC AF1 Replacement...this is really really sexy...I love it very much!
.dat Swapping FFTDancerMithra
Back to top Go down
Tareith

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 9:55 pm

Majestic looks nice and do my eyes deceive me or is that a long skirt in FFXI?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

.dat Swapping Empty
PostSubject: Re: .dat Swapping   .dat Swapping Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 10:00 pm

I may have to try these out and see how they each look before I decide on one. I still love the original look, but these are pretty nice. I'm currently working on how to install a replacement animation pack for Mithra. It basically takes animations from other NPC Mithra during CS and other events and replaces the standard ones...