Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

So bummed out...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 5:50 pm

After having just spent $30 on WoW again cause I was having fun in the trial; as soon as I got the keys and registered them and continued to play I got a rush of dis-satisfaction for some reason. Dunno what it is...maybe it was locking myself into a paid commitment with it...who knows. I've been trying to find a guild to join but most don't want a new char in their guild and only want ya to lvl as fast as possible to join end-game raids. Which I wanna do eventually but not be rushed there just for that.

I'm also on Moon Guard; the top #1 RP server which it shows heavily...there are tons of players RPing all over...it hard not to miss them and its really interesting to watch and follow them around, however when I attempt to get membership in their guilds, again nope cause I'm low lvl and don't have much RP experience...well how the frick do ya learn then if nobody will give ya a chance at trying it or mostly just listening in on it and learning from watching others. ...and when did lvl have anything to do with RPing...sheesh!

I've tried to do the solo thing, but thats not working too well as I'm playing a Priest this time{not impossible but very slow}...I wanna do some grouping and talk with others, but everyone just wants to solo....can't afford any of the gear cause even lvl 5-16 stuff is several gold to as much as several hundred gold per item...its insane and for a new player impossible to afford without buying Gold!

Anyway...I needed to vent cause I think I just wasted $30!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Grim

Grim

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 9:14 pm

How you do it is, rush all the content for now and get to 80, once at 80 you can find a guild with any healing class. Once you are into raiding weekly you spend your free time on a alt enjoying the content, this way you are in a guild ( which should let your alt in) you are doing end-game content and getting to have fun.

This might not be what you are looking to do, but the new raid is coming out and it's the first of the harder raids, only the top guilds will start to clear content in good time, so by taking your time, you won't be able to get into one of these guilds most likely and if it's like BC, then you will have to do the raids in order.. meaning you might not seem the raids like Lich King. But anyways, I left the game and came back again because my girl friend doesn't seem to like any other game.

-Sigh-

Anyways, good luck with it.
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:59 am

Yeah, that turned me off from WoW as well. It's another Elitist Solo fest where all the people want to do is power level to get to the end content. Which is fine, but whats the fun in it if you can't enjoy the content along the way? I would hop in with you Khal, but at the moment I'm hesitant on playing again. The only class/Race I liked anyway was Dranie (however it's spelled) Paladin. The rest of the Races and classes kind of turned me off. Though I guess a Shaman could be interesting...meh. Lol

I still play Phantasy Star Universe: AotI, but it's beev very difficult to keep up with the guild. About half of the members are mainly on durring the weekends (which you all know that I'm a slave on the weekends =_=), and I step back and take a break for about 2 weeks; only to come back to a population explosion and all kinds of crap going on. The communication between me and the leader has been about 0 over the last few weeks. Making things even more difficult when he starts slinging shit up before talking to the rest of the admin team about it.

Naturally, thats almost impossible. Because even though I have tried enforcing regular Admin meetings, and he agrees to them, they never happen. So yeah, it's a hot mess right now. And I'm almost thinking of stepping down and letting him handle it all himself. It's not like he doesn't just decide the things on his own anyways. The onloy thing I'm there for at this point is a crutch for event support and what not. That is whenever the events actually launch *looks at the backed up artinerary from the last couple months that has yet to happen*.

And did I meantion that most of the members have never played any other MMO's besides PSO/PSU? Which makes talking to them about other games pointless, because they just don't care. And most of them are lacking in normal conversational skills as well. The only thing they talk about is "hunting rarz". Which I find surpprising as how a lot of them are in their mid 20's. Then again, that doesn't go to say much...you would just think that people would talk about a T.V show, or something they bought, or their dead dog...SOMETHING other than the same old thing all the time, lol.

*Clears throte* Anyways, back to games xD. I plan on trying out a few here soon that I havnt. And I've been dabling in Wizard101, and have to admint that for a game geared towards kids, it's prety damn fun xD (and I happend to run into a father of 2 on there whom all play together O.O).

And pardon the long rant. I've just been socially starved when it comes to talking about something other than PSU, xD. I miss having real conversations about ANYTHING, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com
Aziel

Aziel

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 3:20 pm

I miss you, Xao! I miss our wah, wah, wah. Hehe. :) Even with your "rant", it's still good to hear from you.

Right now, I'm playing the Ether Saga closed beta since I can't play LOTRO at work anymore.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeSun Mar 08, 2009 8:52 pm

Nah, don't join WoW.....it was a bad attempt to return by me...already canceled the account and don't plan to play it. It was fun at first, then I got to a city and it was hellish to say the least in chat and prices are just insane. Waste of $30 but eh...not a huge loss I suppose! One major thing that actually has made WoW really tough to me on return is; it doesn't have Line of Sight like LOTRO does so its really tough to play without it.

In LOTRO u can stand behind anything and force a ranged mob to come to you or confuse a melee by running around an object to gain a few moments to heal or recover to help. You can't do that at all in WoW as all enemies shoot through and can see you through the environment. The only way to pull a ranged mob there is to run far away while continuing to be pelted by their ranged to get them away from other mobs and then run back to them once they're clear and still being pelted by their ranged. They also link with all other mobs if you pull them past an enemy ur not currently in combat with....its just annoying and archaic....don't wanna do that again....not after how well its done in LOTRO!

Book 7 for LOTRO should be launching in the next week I hope and that should tide me over for a few or until my account expires near the end of this month. I'm quite upset atm with Turbine, cause they removed one of my free months I earned by getting another player to subscribe and I've sent an email asking what the deal is, and its been a week and still no response. Since I've done everything in Bk.7 already on the test server anyway....it'll go by fast and then just be a daily instance grind for these gold leaves to purchase the new jewelry afterwards.

I guess I really do like LOTRO even more than I thought, its just content dries up for me quicker than most MMOs caus of my expedited style of play! Maybe I'll save up over the summer and buy a lifetime sub so I can play/quit whenever I want over the next few years and not have to worry about a sub fee!
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2009 1:59 am

Aziel wrote:
I miss you, Xao! I miss our wah, wah, wah. Hehe. :) Even with your "rant", it's still good to hear from you.

Right now, I'm playing the Ether Saga closed beta since I can't play LOTRO at work anymore.

Yeah, I planned on trying it out when the OB kicks off on the 17th. And I miss joo too! I've hopped on your vent a few times, but never catch you ;_;. Mayabe we can team up on Ether Saga at the start of OB ^_^. I plan on getting back into some other games too. I'm rather sick of playing just one game non-stop for 2 months; then getting sick of it and quiting for another 2 months, Lol. Then again, I would probably enjoy the games more if I could meet more people that had more to talk about than their gear and their item hunt obsessions.

I currently plan on trying Fiesta Online, Runes of Magic, Holy Beast Online (March 23 OB), and Ether Saga. As well as popping on PW to try and catch Tluth when she is on, and getting back into Dofus to play with some old/good friends of mine xD. I seem to enjoy myself more when I just casually play whatever, and then bounce around when certaion people get on, or my mood changes. xD

Khal: And I know what you mean Khal, the mobs in that game are a pain in the ass. The one thing I cant stand is when they set up mosnters to shoot through walls and trees, etc. It's practiacally cheating >.<. I've never tried Lotro, its probably one of the few MMO's I've taken the time to play. Probably because I Never read all the books. Which makes me feel like I shouldn't play because I would just look like a poser xD.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:14 am

Fiesta was ok for a few days, got boring....Runes of Magic is a F2P WoW w/heavy grind...so if ya don't wanna play WoW...don't play that! Just checked out Holy Beast, and it looks neat, but sadly the Open Beta was pushed to May, and I might give Ether Saga a go again once OB starts.

I'm getting burned out on LOTRO again cause I've done it all, even Bk.7 on the preview server which isn't live yet...rofl Might just quit MMOs for the summer as I wanna spend time outside with Toshiko {doggie} and I have many projects I wanna do as well, like build my own custom Koi Pond, hehe. I'm thinking of saving up some money and getting a Wii and a DSi this fall and get back into console gaming more as there are tons of RPGs on the DS I wanna play and Wii has alot of games I wanna play...I already have a 360 for all the RPGs they get. Then maybe to keep the urge of playing an MMO at bay....sometimes pop in on a F2P from time to time.

You should maybe give LOTRO a try someday, but not soon since I'm about to quit for awhile...I've never read the books either and same goes for most the servers too. Tons of people never read them or seen the movies, but still play it. The way the story is setup is done well, and its quite informative enough to understand whats going on and enjoy it...you don't need to know the lore.
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 12:37 am

Yeah, I downloaded Fiesta thinking I had never played it. Then I found out I had an old account on there from a while back, logged in, and realized why I wasn't a fan xD.

Wii does have a lot of fun games *snuggles his Wii*. Not to long ago I got Pokemon Battle Revolution (because I'm a fan of all things Pokemon xD) and started training the Pokemon on my Diamond game for competitive battles. Apparently there is a Pokemon GTS forum where people trade/breed/etc. Pokemon for people with specific natures and what not; for just that purpose. And I have the new game pre-ordered for DS. So that will be showing up at my door in about 2 weeks xD.

And I'll have to check out LOTRO when I'm able to catch you and Az on there. Otherwise I would probably get bored from playing alone and just stop. Though I will have to take a look at it sometime.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:42 am

Prolly later this year would be a good time....Aziel obviously can't play a fraction she used to anymore cause of her job blocking her and as I said....canceling over the summer. Nothing to do really that I'll enjoy until the next book or so, but if ya decide to play just let us know.

Mmm Pokemon...fun games but I havn't played one since the GBA days. Need to get myself that Wii and DSi so I can get back into some nummy Nintendo lovin. With Dragon Quest X and tons of other RPGs as well as just about everything I've missed on Wii thus far....I'll have tons to keep me busy.

I read lots of forums and its funny all these ppl that complain Wii has nothing but childish cartoony games, etc. While some of that may be true, a lot of them are quite fun. I've begun to evolve even more into enjoying the short, quirky & cute games. Always liked them, but even more so now as I just havn't been enjoying spending10+ hrs a day straight on games anymore. Sure I still might put in 1/2 dozen or so hours or more, but not all at once...just an hr here or there...ya know!

Console gaming is always going to be there and doesn't require a sub or constant attention to keep up with everyone else for the most part, and I miss that!

Heh, I need to get back into Lost Odyssey and finish that and then crack open Blue Dragon and LEGO: Star Wars Complete Saga both of which I've had for months and never played yet.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2009 4:28 pm

Yeah, stupid work blocks....grrr! And cuz of my two little darlings, I'm having a hard time getting on the game lately - the only time I can get on is check mail and stuff. Maybe when things settle down more I'll be able to get to play more. Thank goodness for Lifetime subscriptions. :)
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 3:52 am

Hehe, that is a rather neat concept. Never saw a game with Lifetime Subs before.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeWed Mar 11, 2009 2:16 pm

If you give me your email, I'll hook you up and be able to pay $100 dollars less for the Lifetime Subscription. That is, if you ever want to play LOTRO. :)
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitimeSat Mar 14, 2009 11:08 am

I'll have to look into it ^^. Right now I'm rather broke from all of these random expenses that popped up this month ;_;.

My mail is: anime_outlaw@hotmail.com
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

So bummed out... Empty
PostSubject: Re: So bummed out...   So bummed out... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So bummed out...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: