Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

TERA mmorpg

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Grim

Grim

TERA mmorpg Empty
PostSubject: TERA mmorpg   TERA mmorpg Icon_minitimeThu Feb 05, 2009 10:21 pm

I was looking at some MMOs and started looking for Asian MMORPGs.. and found a game called TERA

The follow is from the studio that is making the game.
And here is the link to the Site.... http://tera.hangame.com/

Watch the video on the site and you can see a bit of what it will be like, this game is will global.

Just something interesting and looks good to me because I am get pretty tired of hitting the same 3 keys in MMOs these days..

We will develop the world's best MMORPG.

The most talented team will develop the best game. The era of a single genius building a compelling game title has past. This is especially true in the case of a MMORPG project that requires a large team of developers, rigorously adhering to teamwork. From the start, Bluehole Studio searched to form a team of outstanding individuals, with the intention to offer them the opportunity to fully realize their potential. The greatest asset to this company is the people.

Graphics that inspires all to play.

Attention for the end-user is paramount. Bluehole Studio dedicates its knowledge and passion to TERA. Bluehole aspires to present the user with an emotional impact, previously unrealized in a game. Driven to draw the admiration of users worldwide, TERA will offer high quality graphics, diverse choice of playable characters, and stunning animation and special effects.

Furthermore, TERA is built for the global market. The company is committed to provide an impressive game that exceeds the expectations of worldwide users. The visual quality of the game will be unrivaled.

Action-like gameplay! Immersive battles!

"1,2,3,1,2,3…"

Facing the mob and repeatedly pressing a skill button is no longer exciting.
Even the unprecedented hit title, WoW, doesn't deviate from the traditional combat system.

TERA introduces a ground-breaking innovation to the MMORPG combat system.

From the start, the company hoped to realize a combat system that would set a new global standard. After careful consideration, it was decided that TERA's fight sequences should closely resemble real fight scenes. Hence, TERA will introduce omni-directional attacks, where distance and direction must be coordinated for weapons and spells to work; moreover, healers must continuously take new battle positions to cast spells. Also, depending on body weight ratio between a mob and player, an enemy hit will register a fall-back reflect. These are some of the innovative features in TERA.

Also, unlike games that claim to be a MMORPG by emphasizing action-style gameplay, TERA does not utilize zoning (section loading). All users will seamlessly move throughout the world, sharing a singular combat experience. Moreover, the foundation for the innovative combat system originates from the robust client/server technology. This breakthrough technology is one of the many revolutionary features developed by Bluehole to enhance the end-user experience.

Epic sized content, re-enforced community system!

MMORPG is a game enjoyed simultaneously by numerous players. For long-term enjoyment, initial content volume must be augmented on a timely basis. TERA will appeal to end-users seeking continuous content support without the sacrifice of high quality graphics. Even after a week… a month… a year… the game will pull the player deeper to the virtual world.

The goal is to achieve the world's highest concurrent user load per server!
Players in TERA will not only experience battles with higher concurrent users, but also encounter a revolutionized interaction system for political and economic professions. TERA will offer a stable, non-disruptive in-game social life.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

TERA mmorpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERA mmorpg   TERA mmorpg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 am

Yeah, I've looked it over, and it looks interesting, but after all the hype I did with WAR and it ended up being a failure to me I'm just not very excited about the next wave of MMOs until they're out and I let everyone else crash the hype train. Then maybe I'll see what its like!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Grim

Grim

TERA mmorpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERA mmorpg   TERA mmorpg Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2009 11:39 am

I know you mean. I haven't been keeping up with any MMORPGs since WAR, I have been playing older MMOs and been pretty busy with school, I changed my major to Network Architecture and Network Security so I am pretty busy with that..
I do enjoy looking at new games to see what people are changing with MMOs and to see what new mechanics people are coming up with. I think I will keep up with TERA a bit though because it has a lot of the things that I was trying to put into my own game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TERA mmorpg Empty
PostSubject: Re: TERA mmorpg   TERA mmorpg Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TERA mmorpg
Page 1 of 1