Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Star Trek Online

Go down 
+4
Aziel
Khalus Akuhei
Tareith
Khelzar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Khelzar

Khelzar

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2008 7:13 pm

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 10:02 pm

I thought the company making that went bankrupt or something. Is it true the company who's doing Champions Online picked it up?
Back to top Go down
Tareith

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:11 pm

Necro thread but it's about to launch so I figured I'd put info out.

It would seem that Cryptic is doing what the pulled with Champions Online last year and changing a core concept right before launch in favor of adding more things to buy from their item mall. Just an FYI to those that might be curious about picking it up. Specifically, they were supposed to have no skillcaps and now they are adding them making it so you'll have to either delete one of your 3 characters to try and figure things out, buy a new character slot, or buy a respec.

Endgame is also sounding more and more like the typical WoW setup: Dailies and 5 mans.

Now granted, I had my doubts as to how anyone could make a Star Trek MMO, so I didn't expect anything more than a flop. I haven't played it and I'm going off of interviews recently, so take it with a grain of salt if you know different info as fact.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Ah I did play the OB for 2hrs before I deleted it, and its very horrible! Not Star Trek in anyway.

Also Cryptic had an interview with TTH the other day and they said it takes about 80hrs to reach rank 45, and its basically entirely solo until then, and then they said they're adding 5-man group only content a few days after launch for end-game right away.

So its another solo to end game with nothing that teaches you how to work together as a group, then you're suddenly forced into group only instances which they claim are tough and require great teamwork to defeat...so fucking stupid....argh.

Oh well FFXI it is, and FFXIV too...screw everything else!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Aziel

Aziel

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:13 pm

I'm actually trying it atm - it's very EVE Online-esque. Not very many ground missions. I do want some more roleplay in the mix. I bet a lot of Trekkies are protesting this game right now.
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:31 pm

Aziel...you really should give FFXI a trial with us...you're really missing out on lots of fun! I know you don't have a ton of time with the 2 girls, and you're claimed you're not interested but still what little you can is worth every min, instead of bouncing from one to another copy & paste...hehe
Back to top Go down
Tareith

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 8:46 pm

Ya, Trekkies have been protesting it for a while now. Supposedly, the endgame content they will be adding will be mostly ground mission instancing type stuff, which a lot of people are miffed about. But if you're enjoying it tho, knock yourself out. I don't care if it's hello kitty, WoW, or ffxi, as long as you're having fun, that's all that matters. I'm still looking for something, no such luck yet. Thinking I'll just hope to get lucky and get into FFXIV beta, otherwise, there's nothing interesting coming out until then.
Back to top Go down
Aziel

Aziel

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:10 am

Khalus wrote:
Aziel...you really should give FFXI a trial with us...you're really missing out on lots of fun! I know you don't have a ton of time with the 2 girls, and you're claimed you're not interested but still what little you can is worth every min, instead of bouncing from one to another copy & paste...hehe

*gag cough hack* Nuuuuuuu!!!!11!!!!eleven!!!! Onigiri Dead Onigiri Dead

I think I'm the only one that doesn't like FFXI here hahaha. Yeah, you can kick me now. :P I really don't like it. I've tried, didn't like it. However, I did sign up for FFXIV beta so we'll see :P
Back to top Go down
http://ihavecramps.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 12:27 am

hehe, well hopefully FFXIV will be more to your liking!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 10:50 am

I lost all interest in STO the second I heard Klingon's had to pvp most of the way. I understand the concept I just do not like it when a game company assumes everyone wants to pvp. ( I prefer being called a Terror Bear over being called a Care Bear Onigiri Happy )
Back to top Go down
Ayaneko

Ayaneko

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 10:00 pm

I almost bought that game until I read about skill point system and what they pulled off with it. That alone became enough for me not to even bother looking for a key to OB
Back to top Go down
Foju Kaisiepo

Foju Kaisiepo

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 9:31 am

yeah, that is why i hope SE doesn't fall into the same pit as STO, Cryptic release the game way too early, also the Beta was too short, and mostly are only for Journalist to try and only a limited number of user are allowed to participate

i'd rather see SE take their time, but release a very polished FFXIV, than they do the hurry, but we all ended up like the poor Trekkies, i saw their forum a while ago, it was almost 80% complaints

and seeing how STO is 1 of the most anticipated MMO in 2010,

thanks to their franchise and fan base, subscription are still rising ^^
Back to top Go down
Elocke Sern

Elocke Sern

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:13 pm

STO fails due to game design, not how fast it was developed. Even if it had 2 more years or more under its belt it would still, at its core, play the same and be completely lacking any true Star Trek feel. This is an IP that has yet to be truly done "right".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Star Trek Online Empty
PostSubject: Re: Star Trek Online   Star Trek Online Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Trek Online
Page 1 of 1