Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...

Go down 
+5
Harten Geist
Corday Rynir
Avgustin Narion
Celas Seyrana
Khalus Akuhei
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Empty
PostSubject: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 6:55 am

At least from the latest communication from Square-Enix, that is how I'm understanding what they've said:

Quote :

[Extension of the Free Trial Period]
As stated above, the newly restructured team's top priority is to bring about improvements to the game's enjoyability, and therefore we have decided to extend the free trial period until we can provide a plan that outlines a level of enjoyment that will satisfy both us and our customers. When we are confident that we have reached that goal, we will notify our customers immediately.

That line says to me that, along with the delay of the PS3 version, we will not be able to get FFXIV for the PC in the state we want before March 2011, thus we are allowing all owners of the PC the ability to play for free until such a time is reached ~ or when we feel FFXIV is ready for launch on the PS3. {which could be another 6+ months of free time!?}

Read the entire announcement here on the Lodestone

For those of ya still out there, many of us on Ventrilo have been speculating that this is what SE should do, and give the PC players free access to help with continues testing and balancing of updates until the PS3 version is complete. I believe our thoughts were heard...yatta!

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 9:14 am

yea you tottaly called is man, and my faith in them has grown again
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 pm

I was totally shocked when I woke up to find the announcement in my inbox this morning. But I'm excited to see what they have in store.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:34 pm

Well yippie! It sounds like they've realized the game needs renovation, not just a new coat of paint. I hope this drastic move yields positive change. Now that it's basically F2P I might just pop on now and then to see the progress made first-hand.

Kinda sucks for the PS3 crowd though... I have a couple buddies who are exclusively console gamers that wanted to come and play 14 hoping it would be polished up by March.
Back to top Go down
Harten Geist

Harten Geist

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:39 pm

=/ well....at least this gives me time to work on my second character some. I kinda got frustrated on my pugilist but that may change. Though I'm loving my Conjurer sooooo we'll see!

However, I hope they fix it up sooner than later, as it stands now I don't have much motivation to do more than play a few hours here n there
Back to top Go down
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 3:35 pm

lol i feel like an unofficial beta tester. New Dev team has a lot on their plate and im pumped to see what they deliver.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 8:48 pm

well i hope they make a game worth this time, and like someone said were beta testers in a way now
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 10:19 pm

there goes our crystas khal...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 am

Possibly, but should XIV ever require payment or not, maybe the Crysta will be usable for items in their store someday. It does suck though...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 12:53 pm

I can't say I'm surprised sadly. But rift will be out by then and I'll be playing that so it's not like Im excited about it :P
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...   PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS3 ver. delayed ~ PC ver. F2P indefinitely...
Page 1 of 1