Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

3DS Priced & Dated

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

3DS Priced & Dated Empty
PostSubject: 3DS Priced & Dated   3DS Priced & Dated Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 3:38 am

The Nintendo Conference 2010 ~ All the details here

As a recap. the 3DS will have a virtual console of its own built in that will have GB & GBA titles to DL better WiFi support, and a release in Japan on February 26, 2011 and March 2011 for the US and prolly EU, but the real kicker is the price ~ Frackin $298 dollars...holy crap! Although that is US dollars translated from yen, so hopefully it'll launch at $249 instead, but still thats expensive for a Nintendo handheld.

Ah well, too rich for me and while it'd be great to have one, I've been saying I wanted to get a Wii since it launched and still never bought one. PCs & MMOs are a far better value for entertainment over long periods of time so I'm sticking to that.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

3DS Priced & Dated Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Priced & Dated   3DS Priced & Dated Icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 10:49 am

I think I may be a early adapter, like they call them. This thing will kick serious ass
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

3DS Priced & Dated Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Priced & Dated   3DS Priced & Dated Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 11:41 am

And its official now, the Nintendo 3DS will launch in the US on March 27th at $249.99. Friend codes are no longer software dependent, its just one universal hardware code, and you don't even have to exchange them with your friends, the 3DS will do it for you, and then you can accept said person as a friend.

Quote :

Nintendo first showed off the 3DS at last year's E3 video gaming expo in Los Angeles. The device, about the size of Nintendo's popular DS gaming system, allows people to watch movies and play games in 3D without the need of glasses. In addition to the directional pad found on the DS, the two-screen 3DS will also have an analog circle button, something more akin to what home console users may be used to. A built-in motion sensor and gyro sensor can react to the motion and tilt of the system, so whether players are twisting their systems side to side or moving them up and down, their motion-compatible Nintendo 3DS games respond instantly. The system will be backwards compatible with the DS and include some built-in DSi software.

The device can also take 3D pictures and then display them on its screen, something becoming more relevant in a time when Sony is pushing 3D video and still cameras.

The device will come in either Aqua Blue or Cosmo Black, Nintendo of America president Reggie Fils-Aime told a gathering of press this morning in New York.

Seen in person, the handheld's 3D screen almost approaches magic in the way it can trick the eyes into seeing 3D images that either hover in front of the screen or drop away inside the screen.

30 games set for release between March and June:

Quote :
Games coming to the 3DS includes Pilotwings Resort, Nintendogs Cats, submariner Steel Diver, Ocarina of Time 3D, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Dead or Alive Dimensions, Madden, Super Street Fighter IV 3D, Asphalt 3D, Combat of Giants Dinosaurs 3D, Lego Star Wars III The Clone Wars, Ridge Racer 3D, Resident Evil The Mercenaries 3D.

Quote :
The 3DS will also have some built-in software including a pedometer that will track your physical movement and log it. Mii Maker will allow gamers to create personal avatars that look a bit like the ones found in the Wii. Face Raiders, another built-in game, is a shooting gallery sort of title that puts your face into the game. The 3DS will also come with software for manipulating sound and browsing the Internet.

Now I'm just wondering if I should rush up to my local GameStop and pre-order one, only to resell it on ebay with a hefty price tag, cause Nintendo said they will be severely limited in their first run. I think it was somewhere along the lines of less than 30,000 for the US...hrm
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

3DS Priced & Dated Empty
PostSubject: Re: 3DS Priced & Dated   3DS Priced & Dated Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 1:40 pm

I like the notepad idea while playing an RPG, to jot down a place to return too, or remember an NPC...etc