Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Do you ever think we will see...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you ever think we will see... Empty
PostSubject: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:28 pm

Do you ever think we will see a new quality MMORPG reminiscent of the older MMOS? To me everything seems so watered down and simplified these days. I am not saying that the new games can't be fun, but for me, I would like to see a quality old style MMO with better graphics and a decent community.

I guess I can always hope.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 1:56 pm

Unfortunately the new gen of players are stupid and don't know how to think for themselves, we have WoW to thank for instilling that even more! Then you have the mass majority of the old-gen player that now have families and don't have the time to dedicate to the old style of MMO as much anymore!

As much as I'd love to see a really good older-MMO style with newer GFX I doubt it'll happen! With WAR enforcing the quicker play-style that WoW started with everything focused on shorter events with the Scenarios being timed at 15-20min, most instanced are also 1hr I heard its all about getting in and having a short burst of fun for the average player!

Though the players with more time can still enjoy the time they spend in the game with the ToK, and all the exploration that WAR will have!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Zetira

Zetira

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 3:07 pm

Well Said!
Back to top Go down
http://wariscoming.smithdriven.com/default.html

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 5:55 pm

Yes, seems one can either choose to grind endlessly in a meaningless fashion in some games from Asia or have short and simple. Ah well I still have some hope for TCoS and Aion. Time will tell.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:51 pm

Dont pin too many hopes on TCoS Ive got a beta account. Its fun to a point... but then again its beta... so... Aion is a better hope.
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 12:37 am

I agree. Aion looks like its going to be a more in depth and fun game to play compared to most of the Korean/Chinese MMO's that have been flooding the market. The only games I'm really looking forward to are WAR, Aion, and Wakfu.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 2:30 am

I can't say I'm looking forward to Wakfu.

Yes...I think Aion may be the one to take a look at when more news is out about it.
Back to top Go down
Xao

Xao

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 4:56 am

Hehehe, I'm so into Wakfu mainly because I have been playing Dofus sense it first came out for the most part. I have been killing to play Wakfu ever sense the game was made public and Ankama started talking about the way it will function. Its going to be soooo fun.
Back to top Go down
http://otakugamerz.halini.com

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 5:47 pm

Wakfu looks alright. If it is anything like Dufus it will have a player base. I will say I would rather play ..sigh..maple story then ever log back on to Perfect world.
With that said though I think WAR does have the potential to bring some of the old timers back into the mix. You have to figure, a ton of us old school table top players that are out there will be drawn to WAR. (( don't get me started on that mockery which is DDO...))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you ever think we will see...   Do you ever think we will see... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you ever think we will see...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: