Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Text Commands & Placeholders

Go down 
+4
Johari Fenix
Corday Rynir
Roan Varuna
Khalus Akuhei
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Text Commands & Placeholders Empty
PostSubject: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:15 pm

Entering a text command starting with the “/” key allows players to change equipment, use abilities, perform emotes and various other actions.

Text Commands & Placeholders FFXIV-Text-CommandsL

The only commands that can be used to designate targets are < t >, < me >,and < st >.
< r >, < p0 > through < p14 >, and < lastst > will display the respective name in the chat log, but cannot be used to designate targets.

Text Commands & Placeholders FFXIV-PlaceholdersL
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 5:52 pm

Very cool. I'm especially interested in figuring out how to macro my different gear setups.
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:38 pm

Is that going to be a macro-able action? If it is I hope someone figures it out and shares with the world :)
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:43 pm

Would be fun to do it without the need for a gaming keyboard.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 7:57 pm

It is.

Cause I've done it to switch between Botany/Mining/Fishing/Lancer/Archer
Not just for gear but actions too.

Lancer Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Spear"
/eaction 2 "Heavy Thrust" main
/eaction 3 "Trammel" main
/eaction 4 "Skewer" main
/eaction 5 "Ferocity" main

Fisherman Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Fishing Rod"
/equip sub "Bronze Gig"
/equip pack "Lugworm"
/eaction 2 "Dowse" main
/eaction 3 "Gulleye" main
/eaction 4 "Wrist Flick" main

Back to top Go down
Monk Deode

Monk Deode

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 8:38 pm

/echo Can you hear me?
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeMon Aug 30, 2010 9:04 pm

Very cool Johari.

Is that the exact format it has to be written in? (line over line)
Or is it a continuous line separated by commas?
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 4:56 am

It's line over line.
But when you type it, the second you add the forward slash it automatically skips to the next line for you.
So you can type it continuous, and it will put the "/" on the next line for you, without you needing to hit enter.
In fact I had to remove empty lines it made in between of this, because I would hit enter to type the next line.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 5:05 am

Thanks for the info man. Appreciate it. Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:49 am

That's helpful, seeing as how they're pretty sure we'll need macros for this game. It'll be a little faster and easier to input them now, I guess. So we can set up macros to switch gear out between jobs, yay. I was hoping for an automatic equip feature like EQ2, but I won't complain. Now I just need to figure out how to make macros, or wait till someone else gets some done.

When all else fails, read the instructions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 7:59 am

Macros are good things
They let you change gear quick like
Push button, get bacon

a Haiku about macros.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 8:09 am

I will love macros (especially the class/skill changing ones), thank you for the info.
Welcome to Macromania! Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeTue Sep 07, 2010 2:45 am

Is there a way to "macro" avaiable actions like harvest, log, mine, synthesis, aetherite?
Back to top Go down
Talas Kara

Talas Kara

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:39 pm

these macros work great!! anyone figured out the equipment commands yet like attire and other gear? any help would be great. I'm going to continue trying to play around with it.
Back to top Go down
Talas Kara

Talas Kara

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:44 pm

lol just got it was using "attire" instead of "body".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Text Commands & Placeholders   Text Commands & Placeholders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Text Commands & Placeholders
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: FFXIV Guides-
Jump to: