Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

motherboard got fried ? lol

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

motherboard got fried ? lol Empty
PostSubject: motherboard got fried ? lol   motherboard got fried ? lol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:40 pm

Onigiri Crying so my hubby was building/ upgrading my old pc... and he brought a new motherboard and video card then he added some ram... when he turned it on... you could smell that something was burning... I honestly can say I don't know anything about hardware, but my logic is aren't certain hardware compatible and non compatible ? My husband says it's not that way with pc.... and I've never had him build/upgrade my pc before.. I've always had my older brother build/upgrade my pc....

When he wakes up I'll ask him about the specs of it and post it...
we returned the malfunctioning motherboard...
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: motherboard got fried ? lol   motherboard got fried ? lol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 9:42 pm

Well there are several ports and wires that if something not intended is plugged in the wrong slot and turned on, you will fry your MB. Just hope thats not the case or they may not refund you...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: motherboard got fried ? lol   motherboard got fried ? lol Icon_minitimeWed Aug 25, 2010 10:24 pm

Without knowing more details, it's really hard to tell.

Could have been a short, a bad solder, a badly seated cpu cooler... etc.

I hope you're able to get refunded. If they determine it was human error and not a defect, they definitely will not.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: motherboard got fried ? lol   motherboard got fried ? lol Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

motherboard got fried ? lol
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Hardware-
Jump to: