Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

The Landscaping I've been doing...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

The Landscaping I've been doing... Empty
PostSubject: The Landscaping I've been doing...   The Landscaping I've been doing... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 3:02 pm

The ground all around the walkway used to be filled in with mulch and had black trim around it, but after Kunae decided to tear most of it up and the cost and work to haul new mulch in this year I decided to just get in and level it better and plan to lay grass seed everywhere instead. It'll look really nice with a walkway through the grass once its done.

Some of its still not leveled completely yet or finished how I'd like it, but I'm really tired and its been over 90 degree out and that area is in the full sun all day since we lost the huge tree right there a few weeks back. Some of the ground was a little higher in others and lots of dead areas due to the tree laying in the yard for awhile too, so I took our tiller and ran over everything you see as just dirt and ground it up nicely to make it easier to move around.

I still need to toss down some grass seed soon, but again too hot out for now...I'll get to it soon enough!

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3786

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3789

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3794

In these images you can see the long strip down the yard where I dug about a 30-40ft trench for the drain...that was painful and I had two huge roots about 8in thick I had to cut out with the chainsaw to get it through.

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3795

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3787

Woggies!!!

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3793

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3796

Yesterday I planted 2 Yoshino Flowering Cherry Trees {non-fruit} ~ Not the best looking yet. You can see the stump of a 70ft tree that split in two a few weeks ago, and I lost all my shade on this side of the yard...sucks so much...

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3792

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3791

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3790

Here is what they'll look like when they grow up:

The Landscaping I've been doing... Yoshino-5

And finally my garden, which is quite small and few plants this year, got started late and dun want a ton of work this year!

The Landscaping I've been doing... 100_3788
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Musufasa Truecheuss

The Landscaping I've been doing... Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Landscaping I've been doing...   The Landscaping I've been doing... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 8:45 pm

Looks like a lot of fun! I recently built a 2 story garage and had to dig up about 120 feet total of ditch for electricity and water and such. After about 20 feet of doing it manually I rented a ditch witch, was a lot easier!
Back to top Go down

The Landscaping I've been doing...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: