Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!

Go down 
+2
Luxtra Vherr
Khalus Akuhei
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Empty
PostSubject: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:35 am

Holy Frack the possibilities, everyone can have convert & refresh /subbed....holy shit!!!

So lvl 37 is no longer the 1/2 lvl sub, {its now 49} so we all gotta start raising jobs again...cry I gotta play NIN again....end of the world /slit

Quote :
History is about to be made with the increase of the level cap in the March version update and beyond! The increase will take place in stages until the new maximum, level 99, has been reached.

Up until now, character strength has been limited to level 75, and additions to the game such as monsters, strategic content, and equipment had been designed to correspond to this.

However, with the game having reached a certain level of maturity and the bulk of existing notorious monsters having already fallen prey to tenacious bands of adventurers, the development team has deemed that the time is now ripe for the bar to be raised.

Level Cap Considerations

We are aware that players will inevitably feel concern over how in-game elements such as support jobs, experience camps, and merit points will be affected by this change. We would like to take a moment to explain the measures that are in the pipes to preserve game balance.

Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role.

New camping grounds are scheduled to be added to cater to the anticipated rise in demand for experience parties. Furthermore, the redistribution of monsters in existing areas is also under consideration.

An increase in maximum upgrades is being considered for existing merit point skills and attributes. Preparations are also under way for the introduction of a new type of merit point for players who have reached the new level 99 summit.

Last edited by Khalus on Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:22 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 4:46 am

Also SMN are getting Alexander and Odin Summons!
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 7:42 am

Rawr! Go figure that the time I return and get closer to the cap than ever before, they raise it on me! /slap SE

I'm glad they're implementing it slowly though, gives me time to catch up some :p I'm excited about beta for XIV though *hopes for an email invite* Onigiri Dancing
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:17 am

I'll never get there now xD
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:31 am

You have until Dec before the cap reaches 99, and around then FFXIV should be launching...
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 10:33 am

Oh ok. I thought it was coming with the march update xD
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 11:20 am

No, but avatars come in the March update. I can't believe they're actually gonna raise the level cap tho...it's the most surprising thing so far.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeSun Feb 28, 2010 12:52 pm

After thinking about it more I like the idea, it will make some things that we never could have done without a whole bunch of help easier since we can go past level 75. I'm curious as to how Sky will be affected, and if there will be something better than Relic armor, and if Relic weapons will be easier to obtain... everything will change, basically lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:49 am

yea i was making a lsit fo things to change

new gear = higher synth caps
new spells
new weapon skills
new job abilities
new job traits
new mobs
new endgame
*** possible new city*** like WG and jeuno possible! but this ones iffy
new merits were mentioned
so like...new everything en masse
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 12:51 am

tareith popped the bubble by saying "new genkai" totally made me depressed if we get higher genkai Onigiri Cry Deeply
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:34 am

I've only ever done 1 and was thinking 5 was enough, now I may have to do 8-10 D: on the upside, think of how many people will be doing them as soon as they're available, everyone that's already capped will have no trouble finding help :p
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 6:44 am

There will prolly only be 3 more, since each Abyssea will raise the cap by 8, but with all of us prolly with at least one lvl 75 by June, and tons of ppl wanting to do them, there will be no shortage of players running them....whatever it may be!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 01, 2010 1:11 pm

Everyone that worked so hard for all that will be complaining .
Lookout SE forum's inc. Whining.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 5:21 pm

"Holy Frack the possibilities, everyone can have convert & refresh /subbed....holy shit!!!"

"Support job abilities that are not expected to steal the limelight from main jobs as a result of the level cap increase will be allowed to come into play. Furthermore, there are plans to tweak certain job abilities, job traits, and magic spells on an ongoing basis in order to further accentuate the uniqueness of each job when used in a main role, as well as its versatility when playing a supporting role."

Considering the above, I doubt that rdm sub will give you refresh and convert, unless they give rdm an even more amazing ability that can't be subbed, or they gimp refresh and convert while rdm is subbed. Following this same reasoning, NIN will either get a better Utsusemi or other tanking ability post 49, or it will go back to its original role of debuffing and DD. With 75 cap, you can already get ni with NIN sub, but it's gimped slightly, and I'm not sure, is NIN still a tank at 75-capped end-game? It seems like even WAR/NIN would be better end game that NIN main right now. So I wonder if NIN will return to DD and enfeebling with this increase in the level cap...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:31 pm

in endgame nin doesnt tank. ever. only pld u see it all the time the dynamis has 5 pld's they voke slept mobs. nin only enfeeble and DD and try not to die...
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 6:44 pm

"Naturally, this will open up a slew of new possibilities from support jobs alone. A few of the examples they showed were Samurai using Haste Samba, White Mage using Convert and Monk using Aggressor. However, not every Ability is guaranteed to appear in its fully powered form when its host job is subbed. Some Abilitiies will need to be toned down, and there may be rare cases (such as Call Wyvern) where the Ability is unusable. It will take some adjusting, but the developers sounded excited to see how the players will improve and grow. People worried about losing their defining Abilities will be happy to hear that new, more powerful versions will be added to compensate. Specifically, Red Mages were mentioned, and promised that while Jobs could sub Refresh, an extra potent Refresh would become available at a higher level."

"Ninja has secured its spot as a tank, but the developers are considering the need for an Ability that allows them to sharply increase Enmity, akin to Provoke. However, rather than a simple spike of hate, they want it to entail more collaboration with the party itself, so there is still more discussion to be had before the Ability takes shape. Another consideration is Ninjutsu one can employ as backup when suddenly stripped of their Utsusemi shadows. Regarding Utsusemi, they are considering having the icon display your remaining shadows."

Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 03, 2010 7:43 pm

Quote :
Blue Mage gets, as the MC put it, "What else, but new Blue Magic!" The Job is expected to receive more spells and more Traits from the combination of said spells being equipped. There's also the possibility that Blue Mages could receive Dual Wield as a natural Trait.

Hell yeah...right there bitches...BLU getting Dual Wield....no more crappy NIN! Now should I even bother with lvling it past 37!? Guess I'm gonna hold out until more on this is revealed and when this new trait shall come into play!
Back to top Go down
Satha Kuuetsija

Satha Kuuetsija

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 2:38 am

Why's BLU getting dual wield and THF isn't? >_>

"OH! Let's give dual wield to a job that wields exclusively swords, but not to one that wields lighter, smaller weapons like daggers!"
"Genius!"
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:34 am

maybe they'll make it so you need to absorb it from a mob or something :p if not then yeah, it is pretty stupit, even I can hold two knives in either hand. And I'm only level 22!
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 09, 2010 8:44 am

I just saw that bit about blu getting DW the other day too. Never made much sense to me that everyone wanted blu to sub NIN for DW... which is only a 10% attack speed increase before DW II at... what? 50? It doesn't seem like that would be worth giving up sneak attack, better stat increases from warrior, and berserk, or even mp from a mage job... NIN stat increases are pretty minimal... My thought though is that if this goes in, THF and WAR will be the new BLU subs.... maybe RDM for convert and refresh. But that'll be higher end anyway.

Utsusemi showing on the icon, and a countermeasure against the dreaded -ga spells and a new way to get enmity would be really nice for NIN as well...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!   Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Level Cap being raised to lvl 99 starting w/ June Version Update!
Page 1 of 1