Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

T-shirts and Migraines

Go down 
+2
Fauste
Kith
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Kith

Kith

T-shirts and Migraines Empty
PostSubject: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:23 am

Free most of the time ( other then when I have sci-fi or anime on) for now. Once I get the shirt company off the ground though I may be working 60 to 80 hours for a year or two and that will drop my play time down by a fair amount.
Like Khalus I get really bad migraines and from time to time spend the entire day curled up into a ball on the bathroom floor with the lights off and the door closed. I can not play on days like that. Onigiri Mad

EDIT: split by me, cause post for playtime was getting way off topic...pls respond again in that thread Lonestar with your playtime only; cause I had to split that topic into this one...hehe
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 12:53 pm

hey lonestar are you really kickin off a t-shirt company? that's awesome, I do graphic design and one of my things is t-shirts. I've always said right when I get out of college if I can't find a job I'll just start a t-shirt company as a safety haha.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:24 pm

Yup, nothing like threadless but a guy can dream.( who would not want 30 mil a year?) I have a few target markets I'm shooting for that have little saturation.
If you do look into it I would suggest doing national / international sales. Companies that focus on local work do not make nearly as much as the graphic T trade. I can get you some links for some good resources if your interested. I can tell you your looking at $1500 to about $5500 for you basic set up. Shirts and Ink will be more. Female shirts tend to cost $2 more for blanks for some reason ( I think it has to do with tapering, all I can think of).
If you do have like $150 and your just looking for a hobby press between now and then I have heard that YuDu is "ok".
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:01 pm

Quote :
Like Khalus I get really bad migraines and from time to time spend the entire day curled up into a ball on the bathroom floor with the lights off and the door closed. I can not play on days like that. Onigiri Mad

Oh really...I have a condition called Chronic Daily Migraines...basically for the last well now its been 20yrs since I got them...I've never gone a minute of my life without a migraine pounding away. It really sucks, and makes it really hard to do anything when the pain escalates.
Onigiri Cry Deeply

Lonestar wrote:
Female shirts tend to cost $2 more for blanks for some reason ( I think it has to do with tapering, all I can think of).

Gotta compensate for the extra Breast room...hehe Onigiri Happy
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:23 pm

My condition is neurological. I don't have Migraines often but when I do nothing will cure them. I just have tremors , lack of balance, "brain farts"( I just blank out for 20 seconds or so some times), stomach issues, necrosis of some muscle tissue and this non-stop twitch in my right foot. I would rather have all that then spend another day on the bathroom floor to be honest. You have my utmost sympathy. People who have never had one just can not understand what a migraine does to you. It's not just the pain.
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:27 pm

I'm glad I don't get migraines often. Usually I just get really bad headaches that make it impossible for me to get out of bed. Thankfully the one time I had a migraine in school it was already close to running its course and one of my classmates had some medicine to help (she gets migraines often).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:35 pm

Interesting, I get dizzy spells often especially when I bend over forward and come back up...feels like I was thwacked really hard and I'm about to pass out...not always. Necrosis in the muscle tissue, maybe thats what I have and why my arms and legs have been hurting so much last few years and going numb while I'm sleeping. It doesn't wake me up, but sometimes when I do at night 1 or more of my limbs will be solid numb like they've been cut off.

I also have this twitch in my right foot, well not that I can't stop it, but I like to sit there and twitch is back in forth while on my toes for hrs on end...rofl Though yeah there are no cures for migraine, and I've seen a dozen diff docs and have been on more than 2 dozen types of meds and nothing has helped or even dented the pain I get.

Excedrin Mirgaine of all over-the-counter meds will actually help on occasion, but the one thing I've found that does help is sitting in front of my PC for hrs on end and I guess its the getting deep into focus on what I'm doing if its a game I enjoy or playing in photoshop, etc I tend to forget about the pain for a time....course it all comes washing back at me when I lose that focus, but its a nice fix from time to time I get to enjoy.

Also Dr. Pepper is one of the only sodas I've discovered that tends to have a higher kick of caffeine than others that will help with the pain. Since the #1 ingredient in migraine meds is caffeine anyway if you didn't know that...large doses of it help tremendously for a good while, but is never a cure for long...sigh'
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:36 pm

Khalus wrote:

Gotta compensate for the extra Breast room...hehe Onigiri Happy

Oh and also women have much longer abdomen than men too...they do tend to keep us well populated though...hehe

Last edited by Khalus on Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

sounds like a chirocprationer would do you a world of help.

When i get numb like that its uselly because my back is out of line.(pinched nerv)

Its like anything.. there are good and bad one's.

I have been lucky to find a really good one (after a few bad ones)
and do not suffer at all anymore.

Id really recomend finding a good one and sticking with it for 4 Treatment.

If you have no diffrence by then you will know its not that.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:47 pm

Yeah no insurance and that costs a ton of dough...ah well!
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:58 pm

Hmm, you could have a type of Ataxia or spinocerabelur degeneration. The test for necrosis sucks. They take these huge needles , jab them in as deep as they can into the tissue ( almost to the bone) then they send a currant through. If you do have numbness though and it is not circulatory/ cardovascular I would suggest talking to a neurologist. There are also a number of hereditary conditions that you may want to look into. If you know of any one in your family with similar issues you may want to have genetic testing done. ( you need good insurance as it cost 12k..my Mom works for a school districts and hers keeps refusing it)
Have they run a spinal check on you ? That could cause some of those problems to. My buddy chuck used to have really bad migraines and he could not hold a cup of coffee to save his life. They found he had some spinal damage and put him on a treatment program. ( I have not talked to him in 20 years so I have no idea if it worked or not I am afraid) Could be something to consider.
Back to top Go down
Tareith

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:15 pm

Well, so much for the purpose of this thread, lol.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 6:36 pm

Tareith wrote:
Well, so much for the purpose of this thread, lol.

Fixed...EDIT: split by me, cause post for playtime was getting way off topic...pls respond again in that thread Lonestar with your playtime only; cause I had to split that topic into this one...hehe
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:19 pm

Sorry for going off topic. I did not mean to offend, was just trying to be helpful.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:21 pm

Oh its no big deal...I go off topic a lot too, but we were way off, and I had to get it back to how it was...hehe That is kinda an important thread...rofl
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 7:31 pm

I have a habit of just talking about whatever comes up. Your where right to split it.
Now, since I have my own topic to run into the ground Onigiri XD .

I have a few additional things to divert your attention when you need to that I'll make a new "web comic " post for.
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:42 pm

Dude that would have gotten till page 30 before I said something so thanks haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-shirts and Migraines   T-shirts and Migraines Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T-shirts and Migraines
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Off-Topic and Other Chat Interests {Public Forums} :: Off-Topic Chat-
Jump to: