Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Final Fantasy XIII

Go down 
+3
Kith
Fauste
Khalus Akuhei
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:50 am

The day Final Fantasy XIII gets released in the US for XBox 360 and PS3!

Even though I've had some concerns about a few things I'd still like to get it if I can afford a 360 and the game by then. Course I do recall last week my younger brother offering to let my borrow his 360 sometime, guess I should ask him if I can on this date, and for the week after; then I'd only have to come up with $60 for the game...hrm

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 5:55 pm

i am pissed at ff13. call me crazy. but i thought this game was coming in 07 dec then release was pushed to dec of 08 then dec of 09 then the current release date. really...if i get it it will be on the ps3 and when the price comes down. and i dont have a ps3 yet either lol.
Back to top Go down
Fauste

Fauste

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 1:58 am

Idk man I kinda lost touch with the newer console FF's. If I get this one it'll solely be for the graphics, which are utterly insane, the characters and story kinda look a little meh to me. But it's just a first impression opinion.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:18 am

This right here killed it for me:
FFXIII characters
I thought about getting it but now I will forever have these people etched into my mind when ever I think about the game. Onigiri Mad Eyes
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 4:57 pm

Well besides Sahz...Japanese women have been dressing up as male characters for a long time and doing it better most times.

Mmmm...Japanese Women...'drool
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 5:11 pm

I know and I respect that. I just have never been a huge fan of real life models for games pre launch. ( I am all for cosplay after the fact) It has always just stuck the image of that model / actor in my head while I play the game. And no offense to the gentleman portraying Sahz but the game footage for the character surpasses the models portal. Live model wise this model fits the image more for me.
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 12:14 am

I hated FFXII. XIII had better be better... combat was especially boring in XII IMO... it's like they tried to take the auto-attack system from FFXI and use it in a single player game... it doesn't work. It just doesn't. I think I'll wait for a review from ign or something before I decide whether to buy it. I'll preorder FFXIV eventually though Onigiri Fan Faire
Back to top Go down
Tareith

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 1:54 am

FFXII was horrible. I think they ended up restarting it's development what, 3 times? Sorry, it didn't have anything about it I liked. Auto-play characters, weak story, weak bosses...I just didn't like it at all. I'll prolly pick up FFXIII at release tho, we'll see. If nothing else, I'd like to see what the toolset can do to get an idea of what FFXIV might be like.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 8:44 am

Yeah I think I'm just gonna either purchase or rent the game eventually and borrow my brother's 360. I'm not as excited about it as I once was, especially after talking with a friend that played through it in JP already.

Basically there are 15 chapters to the game and the first 11 are extremely linear, forcefully follow one path through every area, watch a butt-load of cut-scenes and storyline moments {which I look forward too, story is everything to me.} Then after about 50-60hrs of that, and you arrive at ch 12 the game finally opens up and allows exploration of the world free-form mode, and offers up Monster Hunter style events like FFXII had other things to go and do; explore and max out your characters on until you decided to adv the story and move onto ch 15 and finish it all!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 2:24 pm

So I decided to do as I explained above, and should be getting FFXIII today and I limited time to play it through and beat it, so that's what I'll be doing the next few days. I'll still be logged into FFXI and talking on occasion, or help when needed, but I really want to defeat this game and send it back asap.

Also my brother wants his 360 back asap too...
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 8:03 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
So I decided to do as I explained above, and should be getting FFXIII today and I limited time to play it through and beat it, so that's what I'll be doing the next few days. I'll still be logged into FFXI and talking on occasion, or help when needed, but I really want to defeat this game and send it back asap.

Also my brother wants his 360 back asap too...

I thought he hadn't played it in over 4 months? Oh well, hope you like it!

By the way, you're not in FFXI right nao! Onigiri XD
Back to top Go down
http://divinedescent.rpgdynasty.com/
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Yeah yeah, I had a busy day....one of which turned to sorrow upon finally getting FFXIII today. Tried to hook up my brothers 360, and couldn't cause my HDTV didn't have RCA inputs. I had to run up to my friend's game store and borrow an HDMI cable and got stuck in traffic too which made it take much longer to get there and back, then prepped and made dinner, and finally got to sit down and play FFXIII recently.

Anywho, its quite a lot better than I had thought, and I'm greatly enjoying it. Especially after you get to Chapter III, and the combat system fully unlocks...its incredibly fun!

I'll see about logging in soon if I must, since I said I would...rofl!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:41 am

And I reached Disk II, and the start of Chapter 5, in 8hrs 21min! Not like I'm hurrying on purpose, but I do have limited time to finish this. Still though the way its designed thus far provides absolutely no exploration whatsoever. On occasion the path may split to a dead end with an item, or it splits for a short distance and joins back up with main path again.

Its mostly, fight ~ fight ~ fight ~ Cutscene ~ fight ~ fight ~ fight ~ Cutscene ~ fight ~ fight ~ fight ~ Cutscene, all along one bendy pathway but I must digress; the story is definitely interesting and keeping me gunning for more. I enjoy all the characters so far...well some I didn't like too much at first like Sahz and Hope, but they're growing on me and as more story is revealed its getting better with them.

Is nearly 5am, so I think I should call it quits for tonight, but I'll be back for more when I wake, and I'll try and log into FFXI today and at least say hi...hehe
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:46 am

The more I read about XIII, the more I see it as an interactive storybook than a true game. A very pretty and advance storybook, but a storybook none-the-less.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 5:51 am

Pretty much, but I play games for their story mainly, so if that's good, then the rest I can usually overlook, plus the combat is actually quite a bit of fun. There is a ton of strategy involved and switching modes and buffing/debuffing/healing/different styles of attacking, and then you can also upgrade weapons and items and make them better...etc
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 9:26 am

I'm stuck on Sahz summon fight right now..grumble..Stupid doom counter. Always 1 hit away from capture.
I am enjoying the story. Vannile is the only character I would not mind having an Aeris dead as dirt moment. Snow bugs me at times but no where near as much as Vannile.
Otherwise all the stuff I was worried about pre game really are not that bad. Lack of towns is not that big of a deal as you can do everything at save points and there is a save point like every 5 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeTue Mar 16, 2010 2:09 pm

Glad to see you're having fun Khal ^^b I'm still planning on getting it sometime maybe next week, at least I'll know not to expect any exploration :p In some games though I don't mind things that are linear, nothing worse than not knowing where to go or what to do next x.x This way you can focus on the gameplay and story.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:33 am

Reached I think the end section of Chapter 9 now. I've logged 17hrs 22min now, and I've encountered a boss that is giving me a bit of trouble. I believe the multitude of battles I chose to run past during the past 2-3 chapters has finally caught up and have bitten me really hard. I'm gonna have to backtrack a bit and fight a couple dozen extra battles to lvl my characters a bit more and try again.

Its not that the boss is hard, I really have no problem doing damage and while it does have a ton of HP; its once I get to a certain point it does this massive charge attack and sometimes kills Lightning which of course ends the fight. Just need to do whatever I can too increase her HP a couple hundred more so that I have a better chance of surviving that attack.

Anywho, the story is still quite good and there have been a ton of revelations that have made it even better, and I'm greatly looking forward to knowing more, but I must stop for today and get some sleep.
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 12:31 pm

I put 13 on the back burner for now..picked up Dragon Age awaking >.> <.< >.>
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:18 pm

Still can't beat Sazh Eidolan? Use Thunder and buff up before the fight with Haste...you can win easily!
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:49 pm

Finally got it :p The dude at the counter tried to tell me they were out of PS3 version so they were just giving me XII instead xD that woulda been horrible...
Back to top Go down
Kith

Kith

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Quote :
Still can't beat Sazh Eidolan? Use Thunder and buff up before the fight with Haste...you can win easily!
Have not gone back to it yet lol
Back to top Go down
Luxtra Vherr

Luxtra Vherr

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 7:29 pm

Citrond wrote:
Finally got it :p The dude at the counter tried to tell me they were out of PS3 version so they were just giving me XII instead xD that woulda been horrible...

I didn't understand this o.o the clerk gave you XII as a way of saying they were out of XIII? Or was he just stupid and thought XII was the PS2 version of XIII?! Because if it's the latter he should not be working there lol
Back to top Go down
Citrond

Citrond

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 9:45 pm

Pyrrha wrote:
Citrond wrote:

I didn't understand this o.o the clerk gave you XII as a way of saying they were out of XIII? Or was he just stupid and thought XII was the PS2 version of XIII?! Because if it's the latter he should not be working there lol

No, he jokingly said they were out and offered me XII. I got XIII :p
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitimeThu Mar 18, 2010 4:25 am

And now at 22hrs 13min, I've reached Chapter 11, and have descended to Gran Pulse. Am excited now that the game should expand and allow a bit of exploration finally...

The story is of course getting better and better, and has become more clear what has to be done, but we all know that this is Final Fantasy and that is never the case by the time you reach the end. I expect it all to get crazy again soon enough...hehe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Final Fantasy XIII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Final Fantasy XIII   Final Fantasy XIII Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Final Fantasy XIII
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next