Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"

Go down 
+3
Celas Seyrana
Gath Iroku
Khalus Akuhei
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Empty
PostSubject: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Honestly this is disappointing to hear:

Quote :
"It [World of Warcraft] is a touchstone. It has established standards, it's established how you play an MMO. Every MMO that comes out, I play and look at it. And if they break any of the WoW rules, in my book that's pretty dumb," Zeschuk said. {source...}

And this is from the lips of the co-founder of Bioware no less. It really says something fierce to-what-has-become of Bioware since EA has bought them. Even though I've been slowly becoming more interested in SW:TOR because of the fully voiced dialog and separate storyline for each class, this quote greatly worries me, about the ultimate direction this MMO will follow in the long run.

This actually screams the ultimate outcome of the future of gaming in general, much of which has already started to happen. Its not very often we get unique titles anymore, just sequels from the major developers. You have to look towards the indie devs to find anything that breaks through the boundaries of this standardization...!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Gath Iroku

Gath Iroku

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 7:44 pm

I'm very sad to hear this. Very sad indeed.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:33 am

yea, bioware while good game makers, have proven to be morons time and time again when it comes to speaking to the press about other games, they have spewed crap about jrpgs not being real rpgs, and say they are bad games because they don't offer you choices, but then go to make...dragon age 2, so ive stopped pay attention to anything they have to say
Back to top Go down
Avgustin Narion

Avgustin Narion

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 am

To be honest, I always kind of figured that TOR would take a cue from WoW. That's why I was never really interested in it.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 am

Some one needs to throw a pipe-bomb in the wow server room and END WOW FOREVER it has done great things for mmos but everyone is trying to live up to it's standard will some company for the love god beat wow and raise the standard, end wow rain of terror!!!!
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 2:34 am

wow is good, wow is nice, wow is boring, wow is bland, wow is tasteless, wow is the same grind over and over and over... wow is the Halo if mmos, it was innovative at first but now it offers nothing new to the table and is only riding on the coattails casual gamers who don't know what a good game is anymore
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 11:57 am

wow is still the devil. we should execute it...by doing so morale will be restored!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:21 pm

WTF ???

We as a comunity . {the gaming comunity} Are really fucked up lol.
I dont know what will satisfy us as anymore. Make it to much like Wow
and its no good. Make it to much diffrent then Wow, and its no good.

Holly shit!!!

We got to find what it is we Really want and let the companys know.
Cause if I would be them Id be lost as hell right now.

And i think they are.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:26 pm

if its way different then wow ill be happy, now don't get me wrong wow did some good things for mmos but that was 6 years ago, time to be innovative again. people are so scared to change what wow has done because they don't think they will turn a profit like that. me personally, i want something different, i want something hard. WoW has never been and never will be hard, it is the easiest mmo and game on the planet
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Sadly, with all the talk from Blizzard recently on their next MMO, I doubt we'll see a change or new innovations until then. It'll be they who take that risk that no others will, and then every MMO after will once again mimic their success...heh

Regardless of how much I dislike WoW, I don't dislike Blizzard. They make some incredibly good games, especially those of the past like Rock n' Roll Racing, Lost Vikings and Blackthorne, and I hope this new IP is something special like those were.

Difficulty though, I don't see changing at all, well maybe it'll get even easier in the years to come as its all about accessibility and having fun with as little frustrations as possible, and I can agree to that. As long as the content is engaging and there is a good story with great lore to back it up, easy or hard I can enjoy it!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:11 pm

i swear if it is a Halo MMO i will start executing everyone blizzard. if it is world of starcraft i will play it while laughing my ass off.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 10:59 pm

if its a halo mmo, i will never buy a blizzard prodect again, i love blizzard they do make good games, but i ahem FUCKING HATE HALO AND EVERYTHING THAT HAS TO DO WITH IT..... hehe sorry had to show my true feelings
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 12:14 am

i hate halo as well, now killzone great game! call of duty very lame game. battlefield very awesome good.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 13, 2011 3:16 pm

I don't hate Halo, just how it's held in such high regard.
The first Halo didn't do anything that FPS' on PC hadn't already done already.
It's wasn't anything special.
I did enjoy the first one and Reach story-wise... Multiplayer-wise they were ok.
Killzone 2, hated the single player story, loved the Mulitplayer.

COD... I started with 4 (the 1st MW), Skipped WaW, then got MW2 and BO
They went overboard with MW2, Story was convoluted, and the multiplayer was unbalanced.

Love COD4 both MP and SP... probably my favorite fps, still.
BO brought the MP back down to where should have been and the Story was ok.

Battlefield, depends on which BF you are talking about.
There none greater then BF1942... add the Desert Combat Mod and it was even better.
Vietnam was lame.
BF2 took too long to load maps to be fun.
BC 1 and 2 were fun.

Anyway the way forward in MMOs is coming, slowly.
WoW was Fun for the 4 years I played it... but it's old hat now.

TERA and GW2, and even Rift are pushing the right way.

Rift has Semi-dynamic events, via Rifts and Invasions. The Foothold system, particularly on PvP servers... being able to taking over a enemy questing hub appeals to the PvPer in me. (though I probably roll on a PvE).

GW2 has the dynamic content too.. but it will be a while before we see if it's any better the Rift (I think and hope it will be)

I like to MMOs get away from the tab targeting.
There been a few, but I see TERA as the one that really pushes this forward.
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:25 pm

all the battlefield i love, bad company 1 and 2 are awesome, Vietnam is actually really good i enjoy it, i do agree with bf2 the maps took forever but now battlefield is the best war game u can get i feel, call of duty is weak in my mind.

ii have beta rift i like it a lot a nice balance on pvp, tera i am sort meh right now maybe later, i can't wait for guild wars 2 my friends have gotten me into it. earth-rise had some great ideas but it sort of failed needs lots of work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"   SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SW:TOR ~ WoW is the "Touchstone"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: P2P/F2P MMOs and PC & Console Gaming {Public Forums} :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs :: Pay-to-Play MMORPGs Forums-
Jump to: