Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Xbox 360 Controller and Windows 7

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Reonaado

Xbox 360 Controller and Windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Xbox 360 Controller and Windows 7   Xbox 360 Controller and Windows 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 5:23 pm

Ok, after about a half-hour of looking for solutions to the Z-Axis dilemma I finally found a solution at the Windows 7 users based forums.

Install Driver Signature Enforcement Overrider 1.3b, choose "Test Mode" and reboot.

Install the 0.2.6 drivers from XBCD - XBox Controller Driver Forum -> Latest 0.2.6 Version

Run the driver installer as Administrator, installing only drivers. Dont bother installing the certificate. Reboot.

Run DSEO again, hit Sign System File, then type "C:\windows\system32\XBCD.sys". Reboot again.

Open Device Manager, look for "Microsoft Common Controller For Windows Class", and goto properties for "Xbox 360 Controller".

Goto Driver tab, and click "Update Driver". Click on "Browse my Computer for Driver software".

Click on "Let me Choose" and you should see XBCD driver. Click it, hit ok and that should do the trick.

Open the XBCD Setup Util, and you should see the gamepad listed. The buttons go crazy, but this is a fault of the setup util, always has been. 0.2.6 even has built in profiles for different mappings, the one I use is triggers on seperate axis. I tested this out on rFactor and it works great, rumble support and all.

This worked for me and now I (finally) have access to my CTRL and ALT macros. If you're using Vista and XP you do not need to worry about this extra trouble since the XBCD drivers will automatically install without much difficulty.
Back to top Go down

Xbox 360 Controller and Windows 7
Page 1 of 1