Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXI In-Game Configuration

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXI In-Game Configuration Empty
PostSubject: FFXI In-Game Configuration   FFXI In-Game Configuration Icon_minitimeMon Jun 29, 2009 3:40 am

Thought I'd just make a guide we can direct new players too for the in-game Config Menu instead of trying to walk them through it each time, and this won't hurt as a refresher course for past veterans as well!

From the top:

Gameplay
Not much to change here except music and effects volume for when we get a Ventrilo server up and running! For Inventory Sort, set it to Auto or you'll be in/out of your Inv a lot sorting it manually so you don't lose or miss out on drops!
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigGameplay

Chat Filters
These are only a suggestion, but to help with reducing your chat log being spammed with unnecessary lines turn the marked ones "ON". In another menu we'll be setting all combat Damage and Healing to display as #'s over characters/monsters on-screen instead of in the chat log! If we/you ever get into battle with multiple parties around, you'll want to turn the Special Actions by Others/Allies/NPCs to "ON" or you'll be spammed with tons of data! Two new options from the Nov '09 Update have been added to the bottom to not allow /tells or /Shouts to appear if they are judged to contain certain words that are spam. Sweet!
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigChatFilters2

Font Colors: Chat
These are my recommended colors! Up too if you wish to use these or choose your own...
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigFontColors

Font Colors: Self & Others
You can set these the same as they will be the colors for the #'s popping up on screen! Don't need to set resist or evade since we have those turned off in filters...you won't see them!
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigSelfOthers

Font Colors: System
Since I set NPC chat to yellow, I added some red to spells to make it stand out when talking to NPCs and casting spells...etc Also made the player craft skill a slightly brighter color...this is the color you'll see pop up in chat whenever you gain a lvl, earn a 0.1-0.5 skill point, craft an item, see another player craft an item...etc!
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigSystemColors

Window Settings
Set these to whatever you like, but keep Reactive "ON", Max Lines is how many lines tall your chat box will be while playing, Min is how many are displayed while everything is idle ~ 0 means no chat box will be shown while chat is idle in the vicinity, {clear each line by pressing ESC.} Window background #4 is the dark one you see I'm using...I find that one the best to use with the font colors I posted ^above^.
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigWindowSettings

Misc
Like I mentioned above, set your battle display to "Screen" This way all damage dealt & received as well as all beneficial effects like healing and buffs will appear on-screen above your character or the monster instead of the chat box. I highly advise you do this or your chat box will flood with info during fights and it'll fly by so fast in a party you won't be able to read it!

Choosing to show your character info is at your discretion and is like typing /anon, other players can still check your gear, but it won't say what job and lvl you are, and this also hides your info when doing searches on players....I'd advise you keep this as "Show" for now especially if you want to be found when seeking for a party!

Shadows, Weather Effects and Character Models will be based on how well your PC can run FFXI! Set them as you like...
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigMisc

Misc. 2
Similar to Misc, set these as they see fit to your PC's specifications. Compact Keyboard will change controls to a WASD style {good for laptop users} instead of the standard numpad & arrow keys control. {which I prefer...}
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigMisc2

Effects
Unless you have a really old PC, then leave all of these as is in the "OFF" setting. They are the graphical effects and animations for spells, weapon skills, job abilities...etc! You'll want to see these, as later on you'll start see some really impressive ones and its really neat seeing everything going off during intense battles!
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigEffects

Mouse/Camera
Set these per your own preferences, but if you are a Numpad & Arrow Keys user I'd advise you turn Screen-Edge Panning to "OFF" We'll all end up grabbing the mouse from time to time when we go to tab out and check things online or accidentally bumping it, and if ya do with this on, when the arrow hits the edges of the screen it'll start panning or spinning the camera violently sometimes...not a good thing to have happen when in an intense fight!!
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigMouseCamera

Global
Language Filter I prefer off, cause when and if a curse word happens, I'd rather see it than a bunch of **** for its full effect...hehe I'd turn Auto-Disconnect to "OFF" cause if you ever plan to open a Bazaar you can leave the game running overnight or if you go AFK for an extended period without fear of being kicked off, unless your ISP decided to be a jerk that night and kick you off...hehe
FFXI In-Game Configuration ConfigGlobal

Hope you enjoyed this somewhat very long and time consuming to make tutorial of the in-game config system!

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:51 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXI In-Game Configuration   FFXI In-Game Configuration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:47 pm

Updated the 2nd image /w the chat filters. There was an update from Nov '09 that added filters that don't allow /tells and /shouts to appear if they contain words judged as spam or more than likely RMT messages. Very nice...!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: FFXI In-Game Configuration   FFXI In-Game Configuration Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Thx khalus
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXI In-Game Configuration   FFXI In-Game Configuration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXI In-Game Configuration
Page 1 of 1