Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Dragon Age II Demo is Live!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 1:46 pm

Here it is folks, even though I'm rather skeptical of this title due to all the changes from the original, its like they're taking a huge step back and removing a ton of features that made Origins so great. I guess thats what demos are for though, which are quite rare these days if ya think about it. At least to me, the non-existence of demos of late are because most games have sucked so bad this past generation and are released too early the devs don't want consumers to know this before hand and lose sales, so they instead just release the title with no demo and you're stuck with your purchase since retailers and digital sites don't give refunds.

Anyway, I'm willing to give the demo a try and see if its worthy of at least torrenting it...rofl!

Linky to demo page here ~ And the English client direct DL is here

Ugh, what a horrible connection, gonna take like 7+ hrs to DL the demo at this rate!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:45 pm

yeah i started the download and followed by WTF.....i canceled it i will wait till it pops on steam or try later today
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:27 pm

Ah here we go Fileplanet has it now. My DL is hitting 600kb from them, whereas the Bioware one was barely pulling 40kb. I'll have it in less than an hr now, but doesn't matter cause I'm about to leave for about 4-5 hrs...rofl
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:17 pm

bioware is not getting my money, going to say that first. I am getting sick and tired of pc games getting consolfied because they do horrible when they get ported. when I look at a sequel to a game, I believe in steps forward not steps backward. For me, the game is a step backward.

Steps Forward:
Graphics Technically
Voiced Main Character
Improved Skill Trees

Steps Backward:
Graphics Artistically
Easier Combat
Combat Button Mashing
No Zoom Out
Can't Choose A Different Race
Can't Choose A Different Origin Story
Lack of Armor Changes
No Mods

that's a lot of step's backwards. i'm not even going to mention how bad the art style changes are, suffice to say that i couldn't even tell i was fighting dark-spawn in the demo. Fuck this game and fuck EA and bioware, im at the point that I m never going to by another bioware product again
Back to top Go down
Talos Valcoran

Talos Valcoran

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 9:50 pm

i honestly found the demo awesome it plays the same are dragon age 1 as far as i see, i found it no big deal it i can't pick other races but who knows what bioware might add later down the line.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:40 pm

Initial thoughts were very meh, and while it has many features I don't agree with or enjoy, its prolly got an interesting story to tell so I'll play through it at least once...

I agree with a lot of points ya made Celas, but as I've said with MMOs, the same must be true with the 1P RPGs as well, and I'd better adapt to the way they're changing, and enjoy them for what they are or drop gaming entirely. {I dunno if could ever do that}

I don't know how long the demo is supposed to be, but I did get as far as the Ogre after the long, extremely linear pathway where your sister get's killed {I think thats who she is...anyway} but I wasn't trying to play tactically or pausing or anything, so I lost the fight. I'll worry about the technicalities after I have the full version. Just wanted to try it out.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 4:44 pm

my main problem with it as i said is the consoleification that it under went, ill have to find the interview but they said the reason they changed it is because the console version of the game did poorly and they want the new game to sell better THAT'S what pisses me off the most, they took a formula that worked great, sold well on pc, and broke it to make it work on a sub par gaming platform
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Oh I read that, and I see the reason behind more console gaming is because its harder for the average player to pirate games for. Whereas with a PC, anyone with a PC in the last decade can DL and play nearly all games easily.

I would like to see a return of a classic style RPG with today's technology, like for instance take the graphics and playstyle of Dragon Age but put it into a world of say Baldur's Gate with the massive zones, being able to sleep and have mobs respawn, etc. Get rid of these extremely slim linear pathways with just a view of distance landscapes..I wanna go explore that stuff, not just look at it...
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 23, 2011 5:11 pm

the first dragon age was meant to be a stepping stone to introduce more old school rpgs like that, they called it the spiritual successor to baulders gate and in fact the team that did that game are the ones who did the first dragon age. sigh i blame EA tho, this is there method of operation, churn out subpar sequels to get money as fast as they can
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 am

Well that was fun enough to pique my interest... Looks like I have something to spend some of my gift cards on.

I hope all that crap that I saw on my screen with DX11 enabled goes bye bye in the final. Demo looked alot better on DX9... shouldn't be that way on my rig...
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 2:31 am

from what i understand driect 11 isnt even enabled on the demo, lest thats what i heard
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 24, 2011 5:14 am

Corday Rynir wrote:
Well that was fun enough to pique my interest... Looks like I have something to spend some of my gift cards on.

I hope all that crap that I saw on my screen with DX11 enabled goes bye bye in the final. Demo looked alot better on DX9... shouldn't be that way on my rig...

A bit of info from Bioware about the demo:

Quote :

There are confirmed DX11 issues (though not everyone has problems):

The PC demo has known performance and stability issues with DirectX 11. These have been fixed in the final game.

We recommend that all users disable DirectX 11 while playing the demo, including those with high-end machines.
The Tactics editor is buggy:

Hey Guys,

Unfortunately we will not be able to correct this issue for the demo but it is fixed for the main game release.
Mike Laidlaw says the loading mid-cutscene shouldn't be present in the final game:

We had some problems with loading before conversations in some PC configurations that are likely what you've been experiencing. My wife's PC had similar issues, and I can happily confirm that hers no longer has this issue between the time we were working on the demo and the final builds of the game. Likely an issue that's already resolved in the shipping build.

Yeah the loading during cut-scenes was awful, so I sure hope that is gone, don't have a DX11 GPU atm, so I'm not worried about those features. {I may buy one again later this year before Skyrim releases though...}
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 28, 2011 10:13 pm

Ok yeah, I just learned something about DAII that's severely disappointing! According to the review from PC Gamer, the majority of DAII takes place inside the city of Kirkwall, there is no open world exploration with dozens of locations like DA:O, and while I knew about the whole story spanning 10yrs, that really sounds extremely boring while being confined to a city the entire time...le sigh

PC Gamer Podcast

A bit more from the podcast:
They say the ending is horrendous, but there will of course be a DAIII based on how it ended. And its a boring political story where you mostly spend your time rising to power, its not a save the world story.

Bioware has fallen to the bottom of my list of favorite devs. I mean seriously, like you said Celas, DAII is such a massive step backwards from DA:O...ARGH...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age II Demo is Live!   Dragon Age II Demo is Live! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age II Demo is Live!
Page 1 of 1