Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Naoki Yoshida Interview

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Naoki Yoshida Interview Empty
PostSubject: Naoki Yoshida Interview   Naoki Yoshida Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 4:57 am

Well then, the previous post I made of this interview had only been briefly skimmed over, but here is the fully translated version. Seriously though, why couldn't this guy have been the original Producer/Director for FFXIV, there was more exciting info and competence in everything he said than Tanaka ever did from all his interviews combined...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Naoki Yoshida Interview   Naoki Yoshida Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:41 am

I don't want to take the wind out of you, but my opinion is, that he said not much with a lot of words:
the are looking into the game
they are working hard
they can't say anyting specific
they want to do things better than the old team
+ some maybe, maybe a test server, maybe a forum

I don't want to say that I don't understand why he did so, but I've played quite a few MMORPGs since 1998 and have seen changes coming to the games with new goals and they changed the game to death by completely taking out the "ohhhs" and "ahhhs" that were promised and that got me to play the game at the beginning. Best example for me: Horizons (now called Istaria or something, if it is still alive at all).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Naoki Yoshida Interview   Naoki Yoshida Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 10:48 am

Still better than all the crap Tanaka keep saying would be like FFXI at launch, and was never there.

At least this guy is being honest and not saying anything concrete until his team has gotten organized, prioritized & consulted with we the community and only then announce what they'll be able to do and when.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Naoki Yoshida Interview   Naoki Yoshida Interview Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:48 pm

I think tanaka was more In charge of making the crystal tool(engine) was he not?

Once he got the crystal tool done they started making n mmo from it right away..

He was way more conserned with just geting the damn thing to work then to make a

game that would capture the imagination of FFXIV fans.

Tanaka Has been working on this engine since 2004 maby even befor.

To be honest he built a really good engine. from the looks of it.

Ok so now he's gone. hats off to him for his work.

Now its time to turn this into a polished and fun game. In time it will be.

And then it will launch on PS3 and take over the world!!!!!!!!

Hahaha =) cheers guys

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Naoki Yoshida Interview   Naoki Yoshida Interview Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Naoki Yoshida Interview
Page 1 of 1