HomePortalLinksInfoMapsRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Share | 

So...the shattering happened...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: So...the shattering happened...   Thu Nov 25, 2010 1:10 am

Having a blast atm... decided to level a troll druid cuz... at least I'm not playing a cow... plus the kitty models look nifty.

Only level 8 so far... didn't play much last night. New quests in Durotar are basically re-writes of the old ones so far... actually the "go kill X" aspects are nearly identical to the original quests... just the mobs you kill changed.

The re-made terrain from the tidal waves and all that are pretty cool though. Orgrimmar is bad ass IMO. The new troll starting area is decent... not on the scale of the BE or Dranei starting areas from BC... you're only in the troll starting area till level 4 then then send you to Sen'jin village. I wasn't expecting a new 1-10 starting area for trolls... so not disappointed here. The goblin and worgen zones will be more extensive.

There's a TON o' troll druids running around right now, but don't fret. Come Dec 7th we'll see about 90% of these druids abandoned to start up goblins.

Anyways... still haven't bought my Cata exp yet. Not in any hurry really... no real desire to roll a goblin... I remember the BE area when BC came out... you couldn't play for all the lag. I'm expecting the goblin and worgen zones to be even worse, even on this relatively new server we're on.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:06 am

Yeah the Shattering has made Vanilla WoW incredible! The images and poor videos I saw before hand were nothing to actually seeing it, and yeah Orgrimmar is amazing!

I'm trying my best not to play too much or explore until the 7th, so I can see it all on my Goblin for the first time, as I level and play through it as intended. What little I have seen like Brill is very well done....I love the new style of darker/purple buildings.

As far as starting at midnight on the 7th, yeah the Goblin area is gonna be packed, and it'll make for completing most quests much longer, but I have a rather beefy PC that can handle it. At least while in Orgrimmar with hundreds of players standing/running around outside Grom's new digs, and raiding that Tauren over and over...it runs perfectly fine on max settings...hehe
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:10 am

what concerns me is not how beefy my pc or your pc is khal... if its packed the server itself might lag out like ff did... then again i expect wow's server to be twice as powerful... at least...
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Thu Nov 25, 2010 3:51 pm

The lag out on server side, not to mention the queue times. I has betas and single player games to occupy my time until the "newness" wears off...

Never argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.
Back to top Go down
Hyorinmaru Touchi

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:35 am

whoaaa they cut the prices of the original and earlier expansiond... dammit,... bought too early ; ;

$5 original
$5 burning crusade
$10 lich king

$10 battle chest

now that "SHATTERING" my heart to pieces.... and my wallet ; ;
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Hyorinmaru Touchi wrote:
dammit,... bought too early ; ;

Yep, did the same, but Amazon says I have until Dec 7th to return them. Paid $80, so I'm re-purchasing them fro their new cheaper prices and will just send those new copies back for a full refund. Unfortunately after shipping charges and the like, I'll only be getting $44 back instead of $60 difference, but tis better than none!
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:37 pm

Seems like y'all are enjoying the new world of WoW. What all have they changed so far? Specifically have they changed the pvp aspect of it at all?
Back to top Go down
Ianthe Reine

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:54 pm

They're doing a lot of non-class-type mechanic changes. There is now a rated BG system similar to Arenas, WG and the new WG-like for cata have a 1-1 player ratio limit (meaning that the teams will always be even), as well as new PvP options. World PvP is still pointless and a pure annoyance since the only people who do it still are skilless morons who think they're better than everyone because they play on a PvP server.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:08 pm

Every class across the board has been totally stripped down and reconfigured though. Talent trees have been reduced from 71 to 41 points and u have to fill out a tree completely before u can put additional points into a 2nd, but each tree is better designed and for the most part from what I've been doing all my points are going into a single tree.

Not to mention each tree has a really nice and powerful ability you get at lvl 10 now, and many of these abilities used to be stuff you didn't get until the 40-55+ range. It feels very good having something powerful and really showing off the class that early.

With these massive changes its all new and playing PvP and even dungeons is a new learning process. Especially with the return of CC finally...no more zerging through instances in 10-20min, ya gotta slow down on trash mobs and mark them, have rogues sap, warlocks charm/sleep, mages polymorph, hunters kite and really gotta watch ur DPS so u don't pull it off the tanks cause u can die very easily now with mobs hitting much harder than they ever have.

Then you have healers that have been changed entirely where you don't have unlimited MP anymore, and mass overhealing... you gotta really pick and choose each spell and who to cast it on next, cause u will run out of mana quick if its not marginalized properly.

Then of course you have massive changes to many of the classic zones, darker more vibrant colors everywhere, new building designs...OMG wait til ya see Orgrimmar! Entirely new lvling path going to different zones earlier or later, take the west/east plaguelands used to be 54-60+, are now 30-35, including the instances. New race/class combinations...etc etc etc So many sweeping changes, feels like a new MMO, yet familiar!
Back to top Go down
Corday Rynir

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Mon Nov 29, 2010 3:34 pm

I for one am thankful for the new healing mechanic. Healing used to be /easysauce in WotLK... now you gotta think. I did a Deadmines run last night with my new droooood and I was running low on mana pretty fast until I realized my old strategy wasn't gonna fly anymore. Figured it out fast enough tho... we only wiped once cuz our mage was a tard Onigiri Big Eyes

I like the reward for doing a daily random dungeon... xp, money, and a random item. Last night's Deadmines run got me a nice blue cloak. Definitely a good way to score some nice gear... as long as you get a semi-competent group together...

BTW, the new Azshara area is freakin sweet. When you hit level 11 you can either go to northern barrens or Azshara... I opted for the latter since it was completely new rather than a re-mock of quests. It's a cool new area, Goblins put in a rocket highway kind of thing that rockets you around a good portion of the zone for free. The Goblin city out in the bay is fun. There's a sort of conscription quest line where you sign up to work for the cartel's boss that I haven't started, but the info for the quest is very "goblin" in its verbage, and sounds like it'll be a fun side quest to run.

I have a just over 7 hours of play time on this druid and she's almost level 20 now. I don't remember ever hitting 20 this fast by just doing casual gaming.

Oh... if you see a rare mob... kill it. I ran into a rare last night while questing. I had just started so was still in rested XP... I was level 13 mob was lvl 12... gave me almost 1800 xp.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:58 pm

Who would I contact to play this game? I finally decided to give it a go.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:36 pm

Rank hasn't changed, so the usual...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...the shattering happened...   

Back to top Go down

So...the shattering happened...
Page 1 of 1