Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Stoopid video card!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Corday Rynir

Corday Rynir

Stoopid video card!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Stoopid video card!!!!   Stoopid video card!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 2:16 am

Okay so... my shiny 3-month old GTX 460 has decided it wants to take a dump on me. Any game I tried to play today immediately caused my card to seize up and crash. Even WoW! It seems to be able to reboot itself, and I can use my web browser just fine... hell even Photoshop CS4 is allowing me to do some intensive stuff, but if I start up a 3D game... BOOM!

I thought maybe new drivers would help... No fix. WoW still crashes within 10 seconds of logging into the game. Fallout New Vegas... crashes within 10 seconds.

Can't be heat. Computer was cold, and my temp monitor shows the GPU hasn't gone above 40C today. Games ran perfectly last night... played WoW for about 3 hours, Fallout for about 2 before that.

God... I hope it's just the video card... the only part in my PC that's still got a warranty cuz I can't afford a new machine right now...
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Stoopid video card!!!!   Stoopid video card!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:09 am

Aww I feel for you. Fingers crossed it's your card. I hate it when things go wrong with mine, cos I'm so inept I never have a clue what the problem is.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Stoopid video card!!!!   Stoopid video card!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 4:56 am

Sounds like its your GPU, considering the pattern...
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Stoopid video card!!!!   Stoopid video card!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 6:40 am

try the card in computer of a friend who has 3D games installed... if it works...
(of cause WoW is to blame Onigiri XD)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stoopid video card!!!!   Stoopid video card!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stoopid video card!!!!
Page 1 of 1