Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Small tips and tricks

Go down 
+2
Liari Genki
Angstrom Sanchez
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

Small tips and tricks Empty
PostSubject: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:09 am

Wanted to make a thread we can use to just help inform new players of tricks to make there game more enjoying.

Onigiri Dance

So if everyone takes the time to add one little thing this could become a nice team effort to make a "FFXIV for Dumbies guide.

Ok Here is my contribution:

Auto Follow: Targuet player to auto follow
-Press C to lock on targuet
-Press W and R at the same time in perfect timing.
-voila!

Like i said If every member adds one little tip this could become something of a home grown comunity guide.

Cheers and thx to all that take the time to add a little somthing!
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 7:46 am

Nice one, will try it out.

I just have some observations on crafting:

Failures on chosen synthesis:
- bold synthesis will yield 0-3% progress, and duration suffers between 16 and 30
- standard synthesis will yield 3-10% progress and duration suffers between 11 and 20
- rapid synthesis will yield no progess, not enough data for duration loss

Colors of the glow and the wait command:
- wait command costs 1 duration, each followup wait command one duration more - if you use a synthesis, it resets to 1 again
- white: best color - to wait would make no sense
- white with pulsing colors: good enough, no wait
- yellow: wait may be used, but on maybe 50% or more it will stay on yellow or turn to red, even second wait won't help, wait only when enough duration left
- red: wait should be used, most of the time the result will be pulsing or clear white, if not on first wait, then on second wait
- unstable element: 2-3 waits till stable again, never had a miss so far, but it is a rare event anyway
- anything with sparks: handle like without sparks - if you handle the colors like hinted above you will rarely get sparks at all.

The closer you get to the "minimum level required" for the item e.g. attempt a lvl 11 item at crafting lvl 11 or 12 the more failures you will have even with white color and you may get the sparks more often. Also the % progress decreases on success and failure to values below those stated above.

Edit: unstable elements might resist the wait - when I accidently hit rapid synth it stabilized again.

Last edited by Liari Genki on Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:35 pm

Great idea. I'll share what I have found to be the most efficient way to play on a casual schedule. I try to finish the battle and craft leves for every 36 hour reset, but fri-sun I rarely can because of my 12hr work days. I at least get the crafting leves done though. Here are the things I do.

Only teleport from from city to city, run everywhere else killing mobs on a low level DoM/W that has skills you want.
Save the rest of your anima for when groups get together and want to meet at certain aetherytes (I have not gotten below 50 anima yet, it always recharges to 100 while I work).
Read the battlecraft leves and choose only the best 2-3 from each city. Start doing rank 20s at highest rank 13 but choose easy leves like bees or fireflies if you plan on soloing. If not, only get the rank 20s that give 10k+, marks, or gear
Also pick up crafting leves for whatever DoHs you play and do them in the same run starting with the ones in town. Avoid the crafting leves that send you to rank 25+ camps.
Once you finish visit the next city and repeat process.

Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 8:15 pm

hmm kill marmots = Fire Crystals sometimes two ^_^
also if your physical lvl is say 30 and your Thm is rank 10 you can wear level 30 equips Onigiri Kawaii

Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:39 pm

Reirn Naitsu wrote:
hmm kill marmots = Fire Crystals sometimes two ^_^
also if your physical lvl is say 30 and your Thm is rank 10 you can wear level 30 equips Onigiri Kawaii

I was killing Monkeys with Dnol. they drop alot of fire crystals too.
Back to top Go down
Annwen Fiori

Annwen Fiori

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 6:01 pm

Probably subject to random number generation but today I made a nice HQ synth

4 x Yellow Copper Ore +1
200+ quality
Result = 2 x Gold Nugget :)
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:36 am

When adventuring don't forget to attune yourself to the aetherytes as you go, unless you want to end up back where you started.

The jolly green giant thingy by the sheep near LL lighthouse isn't very jolly - avoid!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:29 am

I took on a hard crafting leve.
I was failing very badly when i decided to let the timer run down passed
half way beffor picking my sythesis type.

Now im still testing my theorie out, But looks to me that if you let it time down a bit, you have more chance at success.

Give it all a try if you like, help me check if this is just pure luck.

/cheers!
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 12:55 am

Angstrom Sanchez wrote:
I took on a hard crafting leve.
I was failing very badly when i decided to let the timer run down passed
half way beffor picking my sythesis type.

Now im still testing my theorie out, But looks to me that if you let it time down a bit, you have more chance at success.

Give it all a try if you like, help me check if this is just pure luck.

/cheers!

So iv been experimenting with it some more and it looks as if there is a sweet spot in the timer run down.

Once you find the sweetspot I keep running it down to that and am having alot of success.
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:26 pm

Angstrom Sanchez wrote:

So iv been experimenting with it some more and it looks as if there is a sweet spot in the timer run down.

Once you find the sweetspot I keep running it down to that and am having alot of success.

Where abouts is it? lol
Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Kirita Peregrina wrote:
Angstrom Sanchez wrote:

Where abouts is it? lol

How Am i supposed to know? Your the women you tell me!!!
Onigiri O.O

Iv been playing arround with it and it has stoped working for me so........
Ya i know it sucks

But here is a new tip

: Dump all your elemental skill point in Wind and you will get alot of Wind shards from gathering!!!!
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 pm

save all the river sand/sea sand for the gsm to craft into fine sand (6 river/sea sand =1 fine sand)
the fine sand in turn give to Alchemist to make shards ( 1 crystal + fine sand =16 shards)

if you fish do cooking too ~ 1 fish + 1 wind shard = river sand (not sure about sea sand , maybe if you fish in the sea)

crafting hmm (still testing out my theory) will let you know when I can get 100 percent success rate ^^ (yes secrets are secrets!)

Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:14 am

When your doing crafting Leve's even if you have compleated the order you can keep crafting until there is no ingredients left, beffor you hand it in fo the extra SP XP

^^^=)
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 2:42 am

Rank carpentry and blacksmithing to 10 to get the Tender Touch and Maker's Muse abilities - really help to get a successful during crafting.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 7:09 am

Good idea Kirita, I've checked YG and here is a summary of the lvl 10 abilities:

Preserve - Alchemy -"Temporarily maintains favorable synthesis conditions. Most effective for finished items." - not sure what this means
Blinding Speed -Armorer - "Temporarily increases rate of success for rapid syntheses. Most effective for mass production."
Maker's Muse - Blacksmith - "Temporarily increases rate of success for standard syntheses. Most effective for mass production."
Tender Touch - Carpenter - "Temporarily reduces loss of durability. Most effective for parts."
Harmonize - Culinarian - "Reduces risk. Most effective for finished items" - not sure either
Epiphany - Goldsmith - "Increases chances for improved craftsmanship of next synthesis. Most effective for parts."
Fulfillment - Leatherworker - "Temporarily increases rate of success. Most effective for materials."
Masterpiece - Weaver - "Increases rate of success for bold syntheses. Most effective for mass production."

One comment on YG is very helpful:

Theophilus about Fulfillment on YG wrote:
Has nothing to do with sub or not. Lasts 4x for materials, 3x for anything else, much like Preserve is 4x on finished items and 3x on all else, Masterpiece/Maker's Muse/Blinding Speed 4x on mass produced items 3x on all else, etc. These all work as such for any crafting class you use them with. (That being said, it's possible the amount of bonus success % on Fulfillment and the last three may change if they're used with other jobs, but that's quite a bit more difficult to observe.)

You have to put these skills to the abilitie slot in Action&Traits and you can use them with other tradeskills.
Back to top Go down
Kirita Peregrina

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 7:30 am

This link takes you to an explanation of the stats - very useful

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1288954166281067172&page=1

(I expect the official version is somewhere but I haven't looked for it lol)
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 5:50 am

Kirita Peregrina wrote:
This link takes you to an explanation of the stats - very useful

http://ffxiv.zam.com/forum.html?forum=152&mid=1288954166281067172&page=1

(I expect the official version is somewhere but I haven't looked for it lol)

lol the offical verison on their website http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=92e2a2ee13f174b5a6f5f658135e1bf4ab725f29 ^_^
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSat Nov 06, 2010 8:11 pm

a great place to grp sp party is Island crabs south of Camp Blood Shore (south of Tiger Helm Island) ( in LL) we did a grp of 5 rank 14-20. It wasn't within 5 levels, but our lowest still got sp from healing and buffing, although he also did get much hate from the crabs too ^^.

^^ it was great fun , sorry we couldn't chat much with all the killing ~
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 3:03 am

Group tactics:
(I really hope you'll see the english version of the page I found on Lodestone as I haven't found a way to change the language settings)
Lodestone Group Tactics
We should have a look at those tactics and maybe someone can explain it a bit to me.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 10, 2010 2:51 am

Based on what Laliari told me in game I checked on the influence of elements in crafting and found this link:
Elements - crafting

EDIT: found a tool to avoid checking the stuff yourself...
Windows-Gadget on elemetals / time
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:12 pm

Back to top Go down
Angstrom Sanchez

Angstrom Sanchez

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitimeSun Nov 21, 2010 4:34 pm

Punishing Barbs
Thaumaturge 10
Channel your pain to an enemy, redirecting a portion of damage dealt to you back to its source.

If your having a hard time soloing. add this to your built. Its like hiting the awesom button .Good for when your in a bind.

its limited to every 3 min but basicly turns all damage the mob gives you back to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Small tips and tricks   Small tips and tricks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Small tips and tricks
Page 1 of 1