Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

My new build

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Xalic Austrict

My new build Empty
PostSubject: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 9:46 am

Since after tomorrow I will only need $200 more to buy my parts for my new pc I figured I should post it and get everyones opinion.

http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12214851

To start I will be using my current case but will be picking up a haf 922 when I get the money for it. The hdd is a placeholder until I have more money for a better drive. This is a budget build that has room to expand later after I move and get a job. What do you guys think.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 11:39 am

Just to let you know, the GTS 450 is a decent card, but sports lesser performance than a 5770 for about the same price (even performs better @ physX).

While it's not a bad card, just keep that in mind. That mobo isn't SLI ready either, but that may not matter to you.

About the hard drive... do yourself a favor and throw 20 bucks more into it and get a 500gb model. You probably won't need any additional storage unless you download video and music en masse.

Good build though, all things considered.
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:27 pm

Yeah, tis not bad, but if ya can spare another $100, upgrading to the 460 and a larger HDD would be far better and last ya much longer for being a budget PC. Or get an SLi MB instead so later on you can add a 2nd 450...maybe!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Xalic Austrict

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 12:34 pm

yea my money will be at $615 and probably not a dollar more sadly
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 3:10 pm

Here's a $90 mobo that supports 8x/8x crossfire
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813157198

don't go for that on-board crossfire crap. This gives you $7 extra (adds 3 to shipping)

this video card is a 5770, it is $140, with $3 shipping but has a $15 mail-in rebate.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102873

With these you end up paying an extra $8 now, and get $15 back in a few weeks.

edited for bad math..
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:12 pm

Asrock? Are they a subsidiary of LINTEL? lol

Foxconn probably manufactures this anyway, but these 2bit companies usually have non-existent warranties and customer support.

Back to top Go down
Xalic Austrict

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 4:46 pm

alright if im able to sell my wow account i will have a little more money and changed some of my parts around to suit it. http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx?WishListNumber=12214851

i could care less about sli at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:16 pm

Looks good, but I would still recommend getting a mobo with 2 x16 slots so you can go dual-card in the future. That will be a huge upgrade later on. Also, play around with those items for combo deals to see if you can knock the price off a better mobo. Try and pair the video card and ram, then find a mobo that is combo dealed with your cpu. You could easily find a $130 mobo and end up paying same price. look for 6-core ready, dual x16/x8, and/or usb 3.0.

just checked and the 460 only is only combo with intel mobos
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:20 pm

first page for combo deals with your ram, here's a gigabyte that has usb 3.0 and 2 video card slots, x16 single or x8/x8 dual.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.492647

no price increase + $25 mail-in rebate :D
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:32 pm

Also another idea, stick with say 320gig HD and in future when budget allows again upgrade to a SSD and use the 320gig for music, temp, and user files.
Back to top Go down
Xalic Austrict

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:35 pm

the mobo and processor are a combo deal, just cant save it on wish list. Im not really planning to do sli anytime soon, same with 6 core cpus.
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:41 pm

Screw SLI/Crossfire. Buy one powerful card down the line and be done with it.

I don't get why people bother to run 2 weak cards in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Xalic Austrict

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitimeWed Sep 15, 2010 5:49 pm

yea, never saw any reason to really do sli.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My new build Empty
PostSubject: Re: My new build   My new build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My new build
Page 1 of 1