Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Steps Towards a New Build

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Steps Towards a New Build Empty
PostSubject: Steps Towards a New Build   Steps Towards a New Build Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:32 pm

I guess you could call this "Phase 1". Just a basic migration from a cheapo case into something with decent airflow. My last assembly was pretty hectic; scrambling around Aviano Italy to gather parts and get them all together before flying back to Afghanistan. Still, she survived 2 trips strapped inside a pallet onboard a C-130, so it's served me very well until now. Needless to say I took my time and savored it this time around.

Q9550 Quad Core (12mb L3 cache) OCed @ 3.4ghz
Asus P5Q-E Mobo
8 GB Kingston HyperX @ 1333mhz
AMD 5870 1gb (256 bit) (traded up from my 5850)
Noctua NH-C12P SE14 CPU Cooler
500gb WD Cavair Blue
64gb Kingston SSD

HAF 922 Mid tower

4x 120mm Tri-Cool red led
2x 200mm (red led front) CoolerMaster

Steps Towards a New Build 315msrt

Steps Towards a New Build 2wbw088

Steps Towards a New Build Wwau01

Steps Towards a New Build 14bq4pu

Gonna go ahead and add a 27 inch screen to this setup. Since changing the internals at the present time will net me very little performance improvement for gaming; I'm waiting till Q2 or Q3 of next year to completely overhaul.

Last edited by Roan Varuna on Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Xalic Austrict

PostSubject: Re: Steps Towards a New Build   Steps Towards a New Build Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 5:39 pm

very nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steps Towards a New Build   Steps Towards a New Build Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 6:07 pm

very nice indeed
Back to top Go down
Thistlin Polarius

PostSubject: Re: Steps Towards a New Build   Steps Towards a New Build Icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 8:46 pm

Very nice computer, but I still have a hard time seeing the use for any more than even 5 gigs of ram. 8 just seems excessive.... The PC guy that I talked to was saying there probably won't be much that uses more than 4 within the next few years, I think it's just a scam to make more money on RAM that you won't use by the time you get a new computer >.>.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steps Towards a New Build   Steps Towards a New Build Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steps Towards a New Build
Page 1 of 1