Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Disciplines of the Macro

Go down 
+6
Roan Varuna
Nimarhie Stardancer
Johari Fenix
Netheri Vaiusi
Liari Genki
Celas Seyrana
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

Disciplines of the Macro Empty
PostSubject: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 am

This is a work in progress

First off id like to give credit to Johari for figuring out the macros. This is a list of macros to help when your changing between disciple's. That way you don't have to keep manually resetting your action bar when ever you change your weapon, IE you are leveling a disciple of war and see a node and want to change to a disciple of the land and vice verse. Class changing macros will only work in passive mode. Please feel free to add Macro lines you have found

The basic Command lines are rather simple

/equip Main This is the line you use to equip your main hand weapon, like a spear or sword or axe EX: /equip main "Spear"

/equip sub This is the line you use to equip your offhand weapon, like a Shield or a blacksmith hammer EX: /equip sub "Round Shield"

/eaction # This is the line you use to place your abilities into your action bar, the number after action is which spot on the bar you want your chosen ability to be placed in. This will also clear your action bar if you use it with out any abilities listed EX: /eaction 4 "Phalanx"

/ac "name of spell" < t> This is your stranded casting macro to attack a target.

< t> This is the command to set your target.

< me> This command sets you as target.

/wait # This line puts a delay in your command depending on how many Seconds you ask it to wait. Ex: /wait 15 has it wait 15 seconds.

/aoe off Turns off Area of effect on spells that have it.

/aoe on Turns on the area of effect on spells that have it.

Disciples of war
All macros so far are only up to level Six, I will be adding to it as the game progresses

Gladiator Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Gladius"
/eaction 2 "Light Stab"
/eaction 3 "Red Lotus"
/eaction 4 "Rampart"
/eaction 5 "Circle Slash"

Lancer Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Spear"
/eaction 2 "Heavy Thrust"
/eaction 3 "Trammel"
/eaction 4 "Skewer"
/eaction 5 "Ferocity"

Archer Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Bow"
/eaction 2 "Refill"
/eaction 3 "Puncture"
/eaction 4 "Raging strike"
/eaction 5 "Shadowbind"

Marauder Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Great axe"
/eaction 2 "Trunk Splitter"
/eaction 3 "Brandish"
/eaction 4 "Bloodbath"

Pugilist Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Cesti"
/eaction 2 "Concussive Blow"
/eaction 3 "Haymaker"
/eaction 4 "Second Wind"

Disciple of the Land

Fisherman Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Fishing Rod"
/equip sub "Bronze Gig"
/equip pack "Lugworm"
/eaction 2 "Dowse"
/eaction 3 "Gulleye"
/eaction 4 "Wrist Flick"

Miner Macro:
/equip main "Weathered Pickaxe"
/equip sub "Bronze Sledgehammer"
/eaction 2 "Wrist Flick"
/eaction 3 "Lay of the Land"
/eaction 4 "Prospect"

Botanist Macros:
/equip main "Weathered Hatchet"
/equip sub "Weathered Sickle"
/eaction 2 "Triangulate"
/eaction 3 "Stroke of luck"
/eaction 4 "Arbor Call"

Party Macros

Health, Tech points and magic points
This line is if you want your stats listed as a percentage.
/p My Health is at< hpp> Tp is at< tpp> Mp is at< mpp>
This line is if you want your Stats listed as numbers
/p My Health is at< hp> Tp is at< tp> Mp is at< mp>
This take out the spaces in-between < hp>

Casting macro's

Casting at a target
/ac "Name of spell" < t>

Single target casting
/aoe off
/ac "name of spell" < t>
/wait #[the amount of time you have it wait is dependent on the casting time of your spell]
/aoe off

Self cast
/ac "Name of spell" < me>

Last edited by Celas Seyrana on Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:47 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:34 am

I didn't use "main" for the action macro lines and it still works. At least for Lancer, Botanist, Miner and Fisher, didn't try more so far.
So maybe for a dual class like Pugilist or Gladiator it could make sense to use. At least if a certain skill for Pugilist's "main" hand and "sub" hand is not on the same timer.
For Gladiator a shield skill would make sense.
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:36 am

thats good to know, as more testing happens ill edit the macros to reflect what we have found also feel free to add any macos command you found ill add them as well
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:40 am

Yeah, you don't need to put main. It auto chooses the correct hand, or if the skill works for either it autos to main.
Back to top Go down
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:14 am

Something I just found out about, you can run into problems with using a macro on skills, when switching classes.

Basically Switching to another Class won't remove abilities that it can use, thus possibly make the macro not add a skill to your bar because your AP is maxed out.

Your best bid is to run a action bar clearing macro which is just the eaction # command without any abilities after the numbers.

Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 7:19 am

Profession switching macros also won't work in attack mode.
Back to top Go down
Nimarhie Stardancer

Nimarhie Stardancer

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 8:56 am

These lines all go into one macro file right? I dont need to put one line in one macro... so I have like 500 macros I have to click? lol
Back to top Go down
http://dreamingxashley.deviantart.com/
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 9:08 am

Nah, you can fit a full setup of gear and actions into one macro.
Back to top Go down
Laliari Chen

Laliari Chen

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 2:26 pm

Good job, Celas, its just the information I was searching for. I can set those macros for ablilities and disclines with ease. Now I just gotta figure out macro settings in-game shouldnt be to hard. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeMon Sep 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Edited to reflect the info you guys gave me
Back to top Go down
Toeol Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 3:21 pm

Note regarding the Different skill catagories:

Skills are divided into 3 Catagories, Battle Actions, Traits and Abilities

The macro to equip each catagory is the same, so for instance of the Botanist, your macro could contain the following:

/eaction 2 "Triagulate II"
/eaction 2 "Field Mastery"

This would result in the macro equiping the Battle Ability "Triangulate II" into the Battle Ability Bar, and the Ability "Field Mastery" into the Abilities bar
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:09 pm

I've been looking over macros and skills, and can't seem to find the info I desire, but is it possible to make a macro that casts just a single spell on a target, and how do you write it out?

Like with FFXI you'd do /ma "spell" < t >
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Johari Fenix

Johari Fenix

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:39 pm

my guess it's just:
/ac "spell"

Tho I'm not sure why you'd macro that when you can just hit skill on your bar.
I can see you macroing something like a aoe toggle

/aoe off
/ac "Fire"
/aoe on
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:40 am

yea i could see it like that with the /aoe on and off toggle
Back to top Go down
Celas Seyrana

Celas Seyrana

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:48 am

Added casting macros, reason i had the /wait in the aoe macro is with out it, the game will make you turn off and turn on aoe before you cast the spell. the wait delays it till after you cast so make the wait a bit longer then your casting time
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 3:08 am

Very nices... Disciplines of the Macro 402589
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 8:34 pm

I have found making the macro /targetnpc make it a lot easier to target mobs as it doesn't target PC players. Solo it works great I have yet to try it in a group hopefully it does not target party over NPC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disciplines of the Macro   Disciplines of the Macro Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Disciplines of the Macro
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: FFXIV Guides-
Jump to: