Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

Hello

Go down 
+2
Roan Varuna
Netheri Vaiusi
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 1:14 am

Hello members of Eldritch Eponym, I am Netheri Vaiusi, and am interested in joining your LS to entertain me through my journies in the world of Eorzea. I found out about your guild through the recruitment thread on mmorpg.com. My name there is Azorith.

About me:
I am 21 with a 1yr old son. I work in a Datacenter full-time graveyards/weekends so I will be most active during the front-half of each week (Sunday-Wednesday). I have been playing PC games for 11 years, and MMORPGs for 6 now. The longest running of the PC games I've played were Counter-Strike (was very competitive in the Dallas area), Lineage 2, WoW, and a few F2P games in the past few years. I am currently playing League of Legends to pass the time, but just got into the OB so will be logging in for the first time in 6 hours when I get off work!

I am a different class of gamer. I enjoy games that take lots of hard work to excel in, and I am use to hardcore competitive play, but have a very tight schedule. I use to play 8+ hours a day, now I only get 1-2 on weekends and 5-8 on weekdays. Because of this, FFXIV's fatigue system caters perfectly to me.

I plan on playing on my PC, which may need to be upgraded to handle FFXIV (already have money set aside if I do have to), I own a PS3 but I can not wait until 2011 to play. Honestly my PS3 has just become a blu-ray player. I bought it for FFXIII and haven't bought a game since. I've trickled away from the point now, so thanks for taking the time to read about me, and I look forward to meeting all of EE in-game very soon!
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:23 am

Nice to meet you Netheri. Welcome to EE.
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:30 am

Thanks Roan. I wasn't expecting a reply till morning, nice to see another late-night gamer ;).
Back to top Go down
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:55 am

Hehe.. My schedule's all over the place these days.

You'll have someone to party with pretty much 24/7. It's looking good so far.
Back to top Go down
Reirn Naitsu

Reirn Naitsu

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 3:56 am

welcome to the forum, not sure if you count me as late night as in your nights are my days! hehe but welcome anyways! Onigiri Dance
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:03 am

Haha Reirn, it gets too confusing referencing my own schedule, so I just refer to everything as if I were a normal human being. I typically wake up in the afternoon, work until the sun comes up, and hit the sack at 8 or 9 in the morning :). Thanks for the warm welcome!

EDIT: Just noticed you're from Japan, so our gaming schedules are probably very similar.
Back to top Go down

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 4:54 am

Welcome welcome!

I too work grave yards. Just got off work, so I'll be on around this time til about 8-9 in your local time. :)
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 5:01 am

Awesome, seems I made a good choice in singling out this LS :)
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:40 am

hihi Netheri, great intro and I'm glad ya found us. As you've already discovered there are several of us that play late nights and into the early hours ~ I too am one on occasion. I would have responded last night, but I was seriously just logging off XIV to get some sleep when ya posted and decided to wait...hehe

I'd have to say though, am quite impressed with someone finally noticing the value of the fatigue system and planning it into their life...so far all I've heard are complaints from most, besides everyone here that are like whatever about the system and will just deal with it as is.

Well hopefully you'll be able to play XIV on your current PC, but if ya need help with upgrading, don't hesitate to start a thread in our Hardware section and ask for help. Many of us are well experienced in building and upgrading PCs.

Anyway, membership granted and do enjoy our member forums...talk with ya later!
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:58 am

Well I've been building computers for many years now, and work in the networking field, but as it turns out I have no issues so far. I didn't even have to OC my old q6600. I couldn't figure out the command to show my fps, but running 1920x1080 no AA, highest settings I only had a few hitches; although the mouse pointer seems a half-second later than my actual movement.

I got to play for an hour or two, and there is a lot to take in. I'm stuck on the emote part of the Gridania quest, but have to go to bed for work now. I assume for LS invites I would have to meet in-game with an officer? I can do that tomorrow was really just getting a feel for the starter zone today.

Thanks for accepting me :).
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:07 am

We havn't started the LS in Open Beta yet...too many are/were having problems getting keys and onto our server due to it filling up and being removed from being a choice.
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 10:10 am

Not a problem, I added the vent info and will be on tomorrow. Headed to bed now.
Back to top Go down
Soten Enki

Soten Enki

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 6:48 pm

Welcome to EE.
Back to top Go down
Netheri Vaiusi

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 1:42 am

As I've switched from support main to tank, main my Synthesis/Harvesting classes have also changed. Instead of being strictly weaver/botanist I will be crafting as an armorer, with mining/botanist as my harvesting skills. I'm keeping botanist so I can provide another weaver with the mats for gear I'll need while getting my drain spells.
Back to top Go down
Liari Genki

Liari Genki

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitimeFri Sep 10, 2010 2:01 am

Welcome.
And I see there is another one who has at least difficulties to decide which way to go in FFXIV. I decided on Lalafell, but yesterday I played with char chreation again so might come up with something totally different, same goes with crafting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello   Hello Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Final Fantasy XI & Final Fantasy XIV :: Visitor Introductions-
Jump to: