Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLinksInfoMapsLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Please read our 'Info' page to learn more about our Linkshell and how to join us!
Please check our 'Links' page for links to all your favorite FFXI and FFXIV Official and Fansite websites! RSS Feeds are there too...

FFXIV External Configuration

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

FFXIV External Configuration Empty
PostSubject: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:14 pm

Just as I have done with the guide for FFXI's External Config, here is one covering the FFXIV External Config. Oh and I intentionally darkened the screens considerably so they were not so blindingly white on this dark BG...enjoy~

Main
This is the main menu, where you can obviously set your language, and choose between the General and Gamepad configurations; plus get a slew of details regarding your PC.

FFXIV External Configuration FFXIV-Config-001D

General ~ Network
Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) is a set of networking protocols for primarily residential networks without expert administrators that permits networked devices, such as personal computers, printers, Internet gateways, WiFi access points, mobile device, to seamlessly discover each others presence on the network and establish functional network services for data sharing, communications, and entertainment.

The concept of UPnP is an extension of plug-and-play, a technology for dynamically attaching devices directly to a computer, although UPnP is not directly related to the earlier plug-and-play technology. UPnP devices are "plug-and-play" in that when connected to a network they automatically established working configurations with other devices.

FFXIV External Configuration FFXIV-Config-002D

General ~ Video Settings

Display Mode:
Set the screen mode. Select from windowed mode or full-screen mode.

Window Size:
Set the display resolution. The higher the value, the larger the screen
display will be, albeit at a greater cost to system resources.

Mulitsampling:
Adjust the picture quality for objects. Increasing the number of samples will reduce the jaggedness (rough edges) of in-game objects, albeit at a greater cost to system resources.

Buffer Size:
Adjust the overall picture quality. Increasing the value above the window size will raise picture quality, albeit at a greater cost to system resources. Decreasing the value below the window size, meanwhile, will lower picture quality, but reduce the cost to system resources.

Shadow Detail:
Adjust the display quality for shadows. Raising the quality of in-game shadows will increase the cost to system resources, while lowering it will have the opposite effect.

FFXIV External Configuration FFXIV-Config-003D

General ~ Graphics

Ambient Occlusion:
Affects the presentation of occlusion shadows. Turning this on makes shadows look more natural.

Depth of Field:
Affects the presentation of the screen in general. Adjust the screen’s focus to give scenes a more natural appearance.

Disable Cut-Scene Effects:
Increases processing speed by disabling certain effects in cinematic cutscenes.

Texture Quality:
Set the surface quality of objects in the game.

Texture Filtering:
Affects the quality of textures in the game. Higher settings will display textures more smoothly, albeit at a greater cost to system resources.

FFXIV External Configuration FFXIV-Config-004D

General ~ Sound

Disable Sound Device:
Check this option to disable game sounds., though the music is composed entirely by Nobuo Uematsu, so I dunno why anyone would...hehe

Play sound when application is in background:
Enable game sound even when the game window is not the active window.

FFXIV External Configuration FFXIV-Config-005D

Gamepad
Settings to map your gamepad controls to your personal liking. {This will not open if you don't have a gamepad connected to your PC.}
FFXIV External Configuration FFXIV-Config-006D

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:57 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://eldritcheponym.rpgdynasty.com
Roan Varuna

Roan Varuna

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:34 pm

I'm sure that we'll be maxing everything out and taking advantage of all the eye candy in a few years.

Takes one hell of a beastly PC to run it all as it is.
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:35 pm

nice .. does that mean we can set our camera to be arrow keys just like ffxi?
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:40 pm

Nah, you can't remap the Keyboard at all!
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:09 pm

Khalus Akuhei wrote:
Nah, you can't remap the Keyboard at all!

Yeah, I thought not. Good thing I got a gamepad configured then I guess.

Who drank my beer, dammit? There's gonna be hell to pay!
Back to top Go down
Khalus Akuhei
Furtively Altruistic
Khalus Akuhei

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:12 pm

Its fine though, the KB controls are near identical to that of FFXI, besides the camera keys being moved from Arrows to IJKL, which took me a bit to get used too, but I've got it down now and enjoy them.

I'll be playing KB only once again...

Last edited by Khalus Akuhei on Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Cecilia White

Cecilia White

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:20 pm

yeah they're close enough and I got used to them in CB so it's not a big deal. I just played ffxi so long it wouldv'e been nice. who knows maybe in the release but I'mnot holding my breath.
Back to top Go down
Dachartach Arnductas

Dachartach Arnductas

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 8:23 pm

The month I played 11 last year was fine, after the first few days when I finally figured out how to get some of the useful commands onto keys, and remapped some of them. I'll try it with the keyboard+controller combination this time. Who knows, maybe it'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FFXIV External Configuration   FFXIV External Configuration Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FFXIV External Configuration
Page 1 of 1